Which Game Would You Circle?

Didn't see a discussion on the board about this, even when the schedule came out in April. But if you could pin-point

one game this year that you feel would be a big indicator for how the Bills season will turn out, which one, and why you think so.

I've thought about this, and flip-flopped over a few of games for a while. But I've picked the at the Bengals on Nov. 20. Why?

In no particular order: Its an upper tier team, usually in the playoffs, and these are the teams the Bill have struggled against

for 15 years. Its the start of the "crunch time" of the season to string wins together, another key Bills problem. Its a road game,

and we're coming off of the bye week' the Bills should be rested & prepared. Also, four of our last 6 games are at the Ralph. I'm assuming, of course, the Bills

are still in the proverbial "playoff hunt" and Cincy has a winning record by that time.

I know there's lots of other games that could be circled. The first NE game would be an easy one to pick, but that's way back

in Oct 2. I know people who would just circle the schedule and leave it at that. I know others who would circle the last game

of the season simply because it would influence where we'd pick in the draft!!

Anyway, fire away, give your 2 cents if you'd like.

I go with the game on 10/30 against NE. If we get a W in the first game without Brady then this game will loom large. When was the last time we swept the Pats*** in the regular season? This would be huge for us, hopefully after winning more than a few games along the line before and then hopefully after to make it to the playoffs. :thumbsup:

NE week 4 (if the suspension holds we need to steal that one)

Cinci week 11 (coming off a bye for the home stretch playing a good wildcard/division winner candidate)

Jets week 16 (see: last season)

Great question!

I'm going to pick PGH at home Dec 11.

We have a tough time against the Steelers, we should be in the playoff hunt, and it's late enough in the year when we will see what our rookies are made of.

I go with the game on 10/30 against NE. If we get a W in the first game without Brady then this game will loom large. When was the last time we swept the Pats*** in the regular season? This would be huge for us, hopefully after winning more than a few games along the line before and then hopefully after to make it to the playoffs. :thumbsup:

This. I think that by the time November rolls around, you have a pretty good idea of what your team is. Beating a Brady led Pats* team, or even just battling them well (as long as you took the first meeting) would be a good sign.

Good choice. I sure hope Rex has our defense rolling by that time because we, as well as all other Pats' opponents will be needing a stout D against

a well-rested Brady.

Great question!

I'm going to pick PGH at home Dec 11.

We have a tough time against the Steelers, we should be in the playoff hunt, and it's late enough in the year when we will see what our rookies are made of.

That's one of the games I flip-flopped on for a while.

Agreed. 10/30 against the Pats with Brady.

First game is fool's gold to me. Remember last year and how great we felt after week 1. I am also going to say the 10/30 NE game for reasons listed above.

Yeah, I tend to agree. While the Ravens are always tough and will have Flacco back, I don't think their roster is what it once was and I don't believe it would be a "shock" for the Bills to win.

10/30 vs. the Pats*** will be the 8th game of the season and 4th divisional game. After that one we'll have a much better idea of what sort of a season we're truly looking at.

Of course, that all goes out the window if they have stumbled to something like 2-5 leading up to it.

It looks like NE part II is the favorite. I thought about that one too before putting this topic in. NE should always be circled. But I didn't

put that as the one I'd circle because, I just don't think Rex can keep up with Bellicheck. By the time Oct 30 roles around, he usually

has us figured out as well as he adjusts to the adjustments he made earlier. Not trying to make this a rousing endorsement for

Bellicheck, it's more about my lack of confidence in Rex. Go Bills.

The home opener. We need to start off 2-0 to put 2015 in the rear view and build some confidence in this team and each other. RR has always been at his best with a swaggerific group of players behind him. Two games in 5 days and a chance to set the tone. The drought is over because it's raining playoffs!!!

The home opener. We need to start off 2-0 to put 2015 in the rear view and build some confidence in this team and each other. RR has always been at his best with a swaggerific group of players behind him. Two games in 5 days and a chance to set the tone. The drought is over because it's raining playoffs!!!

I would picked game one or two. as mentioned Ravens win could bring false Bravado. Recall last year and Indy?

Lets fix that

Games to circle: Each AFC team’s toughest 2016 matchup

Buffalo (Week 4 or 8 vs. New England): It almost goes without saying that for Rex Ryan and his long-suffering Bills, the white whale they both have long pursued hails from Foxborough, Mass. Beating the Patriots is where the story starts and ends for Buffalo, which is still working on that mind-boggling 16-year playoff drought. The Bills were 0–2 against Belichick and Brady last season, finishing 8–8 and in third place in the AFC East. This year, Week 4 brings the first test, with the Bills trying to win for the only second time ever at Gillette Stadium (and that 2014 Week 17 upset came when Brady was yanked early with the playoffs looming). If Brady’s suspension is in effect on Oct. 2, the focus will shift to the Week 8 rematch in Buffalo, with even more on the line in terms of the Bills’ quest to return to division relevancy.