NFL Sunday Ticket 2016

Just made the annual call the get the ticket discounted. Been with DTV since '97 but there was a screw up in their billing and they have me since '99.

Anyway, talked to retention, told them I got got their department by accident(lie). Straight up asked for any discounts for the ticket. He put me on hold for about 5 minutes(fine by me, just refilled my scotch). Tells me that since I've been around forever, they'll give me the ticket for $25/month for 4 months but they'll give me $25 off/month for 12 months. I said fine, asked how he was doing this evening and he asked if I could hold another minute. Comes back and thanks me for asking how he was, offered the $25 off for 24 months instead. Then asks if I need any equipment upgraded. I end up with 3 new wireless minis and a $500 discount(overall) with the ticket essentially for free.

It pays to be honest and cordial I guess.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey so i did a search on DirectV for the Bills Colts game and it popped up on channel 635-1. It's a MSG channel. I don't know if i have that channel because i live in NYC or what but it says that i will be able to watch the preseason game live.

Then i signed on to my directv account to see what channel 635-1 is about and turns out it's part of a sports package and apparently it costs 13.99 a month or something like that and apparently I'm already signed up for it. I may have been paying 13.99 a month for months now without knowing. Who knows. But hopefully I'll be able to watch the game live this way.

Thought I'd give all the DirecTV subscribers a heads up on this one.

Just made the annual call the get the ticket discounted. Been with DTV since '97 but there was a screw up in their billing and they have me since '99.

Anyway, talked to retention, told them I got got their department by accident(lie). Straight up asked for any discounts for the ticket. He put me on hold for about 5 minutes(fine by me, just refilled my scotch). Tells me that since I've been around forever, they'll give me the ticket for $25/month for 4 months but they'll give me $25 off/month for 12 months. I said fine, asked how he was doing this evening and he asked if I could hold another minute. Comes back and thanks me for asking how he was, offered the $25 off for 24 months instead. Then asks if I need any equipment upgraded. I end up with 3 new wireless minis and a $500 discount(overall) with the ticket essentially for free.

It pays to be honest and cordial I guess.

I never succeed at stuff like that.

Number 1 - I have a heavy new york city hip hop accent (if that makes sense) so the country girl on the other end of the phone is probably already thinking, this damn thug calling me for favors what's wrong with him.

Number 2 - I don't like asking people for anything (even if they owe me). I just feel like they should know.

Number 3 - I don't take rejection well so if they denied me a discount for the season pass, I'll probably throw a bunch of F bombs over the phone.

Ahhhhhhh congrats to you though. I need to marry a well spoken woman. My girlfriend is Dominican and from the ghettoest part of Brooklyn. If i put her on the phone, not only will i not have the season pass, I'll need to hire a lawyer for all the threats the nice southern bell received on the other end of the call.

Don't hire a lawyer cuz your girlfriend threatened the Directv lady. Pay for the season pass.

Hey so i did a search on DirectV for the Bills Colts game and it popped up on channel 635-1. It's a MSG channel. I don't know if i have that channel because i live in NYC or what but it says that i will be able to watch the preseason game live.

Then i signed on to my directv account to see what channel 635-1 is about and turns out it's part of a sports package and apparently it costs 13.99 a month or something like that and apparently I'm already signed up for it. I may have been paying 13.99 a month for months now without knowing. Who knows. But hopefully I'll be able to watch the game live this way.

Number 1 - I have a heavy new york city hip hop accent (if that makes sense) so the country girl on the other end of the phone is probably already thinking, this damn thug calling me for favors what's wrong with him.

Number 2 - I don't like asking people for anything (even if they owe me). I just feel like they should know.

Number 3 - I don't take rejection well so if they denied me a discount for the season pass, I'll probably throw a bunch of F bombs over the phone.

Ahhhhhhh congrats to you though. I need to marry a well spoken woman. My girlfriend is Dominican and from the ghettoest part of Brooklyn. If i put her on the phone, not only will i not have the season pass, I'll need to hire a lawyer for all the threats the nice southern bell received on the other end of the call.

Don't hire a lawyer cuz your girlfriend threatened the Directv lady. Pay for the season pass.

LOL. That was some funny ****.

If you can change your account zip code to north of Westchester, you may be able to get 635-1 as part of the regular local sports package.

If you can change your account zip code to north of Westchester, you may be able to get 635-1 as part of the regular local sports package.

I wouldn't even know how to do that. It's all good though. $13.99 aint that bad. I'll just skip lunch tomorrow and eat some ramen noodles and save like 10 bucks.

I wouldn't even know how to do that. It's all good though. $13.99 aint that bad. I'll just skip lunch tomorrow and eat some ramen noodles and save like 10 bucks.

635-1 is also showing up on my DTV with the game. Thats the Sabres channel and I believe the new MSG West that Pegula entertainment is involved in. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

That's funny shlt. You might have better luck getting a cabbie from Kosovo to do the talking for you, they might feel sorry.

Love the attitude! And yes, keep lawyers out of it.... I could have Sunday Ticket until the end of time if not for a certain legal battle. But we won! :) (For now.)

635-1 is also showing up on my DTV with the game. Thats the Sabres channel and I believe the new MSG West that Pegula entertainment is involved in. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

Oh for real? That's nice. If it comes through and i can actually watch the preseason games live for only 14 bucks, it's actually a better deal than what nfl.com used to have. Oh and no problem man.

That's funny shlt. You might have better luck getting a cabbie from Kosovo to do the talking for you, they might feel sorry.

Bro I'm telling you man. I know i was being funny but 98% of what i said was true lol.

Love the attitude! And yes, keep lawyers out of it.... I could have Sunday Ticket until the end of time if not for a certain legal battle. But we won! :) (For now.)

Damn. I don't even wanna ask. I don't wanna accidentally be guilty by association or what's that thing called when you commit a crime and then tell somebody what you did and then now that person becomes a (enter the phrase I'm looking for here). Yeah. I don't wanna be that guy.

Hey guys, check your details on 635-1. On my receiver it says "Upcoming: NFL Preseason Football" but the info is for the 8/20 game vs. the Giants. I don't see Colts/Bills anywhere in the 600s.

Also remember, the replay is on NFLN tomorrow morning at 7:30.

Hey guys, check your details on 635-1. On my receiver it says "Upcoming: NFL Preseason Football" but the info is for the 8/20 game vs. the Giants. I don't see Colts/Bills anywhere in the 600s.

Also remember, the replay is on NFLN tomorrow morning at 7:30.

I'll bet anything that will only be good for anyone in the WNY area. That's the MSG-Buffalo channel that carries Sabres' games ( including pre-game and post-game shows) during the NHL season.

I'll bet anything that will only be good for anyone in the WNY area. That's the MSG-Buffalo channel that carries Sabres' games ( including pre-game and post-game shows) during the NHL season.

This made the whole thread worthwhile! I always crack up when people expect DTV to give discounts like its a moral obligation.

In terms of 635-1, EBALL is correct, that is a listing for the Gints game.

This made the whole thread worthwhile! I always crack up when people expect DTV to give discounts like its a moral obligation.

In terms of 635-1, EBALL is correct, that is a listing for the Gints game.

Thats what it says now, but last night it showed todays game. That sucks.

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

The DTV regional sports package is such a rip off. When I called to order it, the rep assured me that I would get all the Sabres games on MSG. Turns out I only got the Bruins games that I already f$&@ing received. When I called back to cancel the package, I was charged $10 (on top of the $13.99 I paid for the 1st month) for cancelling that package before 30 days.

The DTV regional sports package is such a rip off. When I called to order it, the rep assured me that I would get all the Sabres games on MSG. Turns out I only got the Bruins games that I already f$&@ing received. When I called back to cancel the package, I was charged $10 (on top of the $13.99 I paid for the 1st month) for cancelling that package before 30 days.

You only get the Sabres' games on that channel by subscribing to NHL Center Ice.

You do get on there under two conditions

1) MSG is considered your " regional sport package "

2) you pay for center ice.

I pay the $ 13 a month cause I like the pre and post games.

Thats what it says now, but last night it showed todays game. That sucks.

Yup. Up until last night it said it was gonna play the Bills Colts game and now they changed it to Bills Giants. I'm cancelling my sports package now. There's no need to pay 14 bucks for this crap.