Rob Quinn on How Ragland & Brown Can Thrive Together

I thought the WILL/JACK was on the weakside (right of the MLB).

Link won't work on this computer.

But from my understanding, In a 3-4, a lot of times the strong OLB will go weakside to become the blitzing LB. In these situations the Jack/Will needs to be strong side.

I guess I'm sipping the Kool Aid because the more articles I read, the more I think about our draft class, the more I find myself getting excited about this defense. :thumbsup::beer:

It clarifies in the article. The Will essentially plays fullback taking out blockers, so the Mike can run free and make plays. That's the position Ragland will be filling.

yeah, there's not really a true WILL in Rex's scheme, it was originally called the TED with the Ravens, but went to W with the Jets. They're basically flipped but the roles can be switched depending on off. personnel, motion, etc.

yeah, there's not really a true WILL in Rex's scheme, it was originally called the TED with the Ravens, but went to W with the Jets. They're basically flipped but the roles can be switched depending on off. personnel, motion, etc.

Let me ask this? Are Ragland and Brown somewhat interchangeable in this defense?

And on another note, Z Brown is going to give one of these twp positions more coverage ability i theory, is that correct?

Thanks Young Mr Quinn for your help and knowledgeable insight. Very helpful to a fellow like me, and others i bet !!

:thumbsup:

7 men in the box, 5 man front, 4 linebackers at 250 or more. They are going to stifle every single team - whose playbook came from 1978

Of course. Because they'll be in the exact same front on every play regardless of down and distance with the personnel in the same positions from play to play to make it easy for QBs to attack. :rolleyes:

7 men in the box, 5 man front, 4 linebackers at 250 or more. They are going to stifle every single team - whose playbook came from 1978

The wheel is the wheel.

Minor improvements have been made but it's task is the same.

I have so much trouble rating your sarcasm : )

Must be one hell of a poker player over 20 !

Of course. Because they'll be in the exact same front on every play regardless of down and distance with the personnel in the same positions from play to play to make it easy for QBs to attack. :rolleyes:

It's a good base to work from. Nothing like shutting down those HoF RB's in the division.

It's a good base to work from. Nothing like shutting down those HoF RB's in the division.

The Jets and Dolphins both run a lot. I see the Bills continuing their success against them.

NE is able to attack any weakness.