Jordan Reed Just Got Paid

H2o

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reed is younger, faster, gets more yards after reception, sees more red zone activity, catches more contested balls, has a better catch rate, more yards/target.... is just more productive.

We'll see if he sustains his breakout year in 2015. But since he's been in the league, I see no glaring superiority to Clay:

y3aY0hR.png

Debatable

I dont think its debatable at all

Clay is a balanced TE....Jordan Reed is a overgrown receiver

Reed is younger, faster, gets more yards after reception, sees more red zone activity, catches more contested balls, has a better catch rate, more yards/target.... is just more productive.

And blocks like a little girl.

He is basically a big receiver (well actually I think Robert W. blocks better then he does)

I dont think its debatable at all

Clay is a balanced TE....Jordan Reed is a overgrown receiver

And blocks like a little girl.

He is basically a big receiver (well actually I think Robert W. blocks better then he does)

Fair arguments, but overgrown receivers who can't block are what the tight end position has become. It's all about the number of receptions these days. To use that as an argument against Reed isn't fair.

Coming off of a highly productive year and has had a good amount of production before this season he justified the extension. Tight ends are in demand as having a good tight end has become is pretty fundamental in a modern passing game, combo that with the fact that tightends aren't super easy to find and you get the contracts inflating.

We'll see if he sustains his breakout year in 2015. But since he's been in the league, I see no glaring superiority to Clay:

y3aY0hR.png

This kind of hints that our QB in 2015 did not look for him enough times....Something along the lines that he (Tyrod) cannot throw in the middle of the field must have something to do with Clay's production

This kind of hints that our QB in 2015 did not look for him enough times....Something along the lines that he (Tyrod) cannot throw in the middle of the field must have something to do with Clay's production

You could also argue that there wasn't anyone else to throw to in Miami.

y3aY0hR.png

Reed missed a total of 10 games in 13' and 14', in that same time period Clay missed two games. I didn't take the time to see how many games either guy left due to injury. Clay is a more versatile TE but Reed is the pro typical TE who can line up outside and create mismatches. Reed is a a glorified WR, it's impossible to fairly compare the two players.

Reed destroyed us last year fwiw

And still some people don't care for him because he can't block. That's really not the role of the TE position any more. The game has changed. No one builds their team around "ground and pound" anymore. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

He is coming off a great season. I had him in fantasy two years ago and he was always hurt and couldn't stay on the field. So I hate him forever. :lol:

Unfortunately, I can relate to this. :doh:

cept us?

That's what Rex may call it, but from what I saw last year it was far from a ground and pound. Yes we did call more run plays than your average passing team, but a lot of our runs were out of a spread offense. It's not like we lineup up running out of the I formation on a consistent basis. That is actually what Rex did during the Sanchez AFC title game runs though. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Precisely why I presented the numbers as I did. To declare a TE superior because he was more "productive" (last season alone) compared to a guy who was the third, may be fourth option on the team that finished 31st in pass attempts was to skew the context tremendously.

What site did you get these stats from please?

Image is a screen grab of a spreadsheet I whipped together using numbers on profootballreference.com.

Aside from the basic per/target and per/attempt calculations, the only number I actually crunched was to subtract the QB attempts in the games they missed from the teams' season totals.

Reed missed a total of 10 games in 13' and 14', in that same time period Clay missed two games. I didn't take the time to see how many games either guy left due to injury. Clay is a more versatile TE but Reed is the pro typical TE who can line up outside and create mismatches. Reed is a a glorified WR, it's impossible to fairly compare the two players.

Reed has also had five concussions in his career. He's one doozy away from hanging them up, some say,