Cordy's Glenn extended

I'm glad he's gotten paid. Seems a very bright, hardworking young man. We're re-signing so many of our talented players now, compared to the previous 20 or so years of free agency. I'm sure this will frustrate some of us because of cap issues, and players who after getting paid stop trying (Haynesworth). Those things seem inevitable. But, this is what it takes to compete, bring in FA, I'm all for it.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad he's gotten paid. Seems a very bright, hardworking young man. We're re-signing so many of our talented players now, compared to the previous 20 or so years of free agency. I'm sure this will frustrate some of us because of cap issues, and players who after getting paid stop trying (Haynesworth). Those things seem inevitable. But, this is what it takes to compete, bring in FA, I'm all for it.

It takes some luck too. The Steelers offered Mike Wallace a big contract and he turned it down. They turned around and offered it to Antonio Brown.

The reality is the Bills ar paying their best players. That's a good thing and hard for even the most negative people to complain about. There are some that will complain about the size of Glenn's deal and they would have complained if he walked.

It takes some luck too. The Steelers offered Mike Wallace a big contract and he turned it down. They turned around and offered it to Antonio Brown.

The reality is the Bills ar paying their best players. That's a good thing and hard for even the most negative people to complain about. There are some that will complain about the size of Glenn's deal and they would have complained if he walked.

One of my favorite parts about this contract is/was , just like Cordy's play , no fuss no bluster . Quietly getting it done.

One of my favorite parts about this contract is/was , just like Cordy's play , no fuss no bluster . Quietly getting it done.

Very true. Came in signed his tag worked with the team in the background to get the long term deal done. Kudos to Doug and JO and to Cordy and his reps.

Very true. Came in signed his tag worked with the team in the background to get the long term deal done. Kudos to Doug and JO and to Cordy and his reps.

All these folks are setting a fine example !

Good teams keep their top players and reload and build via the draft.

We have now resigned Dareus, Hughes, Incognito, and now Glenn over the past two years, and I have no doubt we'll sign Tyrod if he performs. Hopefully Gilmore too.

This is a fantastic change from our best players leaving the Bills after their first contract.

Kudos to ownership and the front office. Huge improvement over the past that should be celebrated.

Dont forget Aaron Williams as well. :thumbsup:

Overdorf is actually very good at his job now that he has money to play with.

Much easier to get things done when you lose a 175-lb Littman hanging around your neck.

You mean like how Cordy kept his mouth shut and got paid while Jason Peters not so much?

or Byrd

The bills show that if you show up and do your job.......you get paid

What? He does not have any leadership skills ? !!!! :nana::nana:

Does anyone know what the salary cap implications Glenn's extension has? I believe we received a huge break given the 5yr extension spread vs the franchise tag hit. Sorry if someone has already posted the effect. Now we go and extend Gilmore!!

I think the savings are minimal this year, a little more next year, and then it opens up. The Bills wisely (I think) chose to frontload the contract during a year in which they don't need to find more money.

Mike Adams completely underachieved at OSU as a 5 star recruit and was absurdly over drafted - terrible pick then and terrible pick now. No idea what steelers were thinking other than overvaluing measurables. He was also an off field headache. As I recall he drove to Pittsburgh to tell them how much he always wanted to play for the steelers and they fell for it. Pretty sure he failed his combine drug test or something. Should have been a 7th round pick.

Edited by YoloinOhio

No idea what steelers were thinking other than overvaluing measurables.

That they were desperate or O-line help. And we know ourselves that when you are desperate for help in a certain position you talk yourself into guys..... Kujo.... even to some extent EJ.