2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a thing now? They are trying to win the Big 12...have 3 games left including bowl

@rapsheet

#Oklahoma star DT Charles Walker told coach Bob Stoops that he's leaving the team immediately to prepare for the draft. He's projected high

Projected high........as a kite, maybe.

Not a fan of the move but I guess not being classed as an employee does grant you certain freedoms. That's not going to sit well with some, especially if he's skipping the All-Star process too.

Tell me the guy that improves the QB position next year and I am all ears.

Cardale Jones.... Not what you wanted to hear, but I'm calling it... It's Time to make a choice: The five-year vet who's still figuring out how to throw guys open, OR the rookie National Championship winner with all kinds of upside?... I Know who I'm picking... Fire Rex, Rob, Lee, and Whaley... Promote Lynn to interim HC, while we forge a deal with Coughlin... Time to get back to winning....

Cardale Jones.... Not what you wanted to hear, but I'm calling it... It's Time to make a choice: The five-year vet who's still figuring out how to throw guys open, OR the rookie National Championship winner with all kinds of upside?... I Know who I'm picking... Fire Rex, Rob, Lee, and Whaley... Promote Lynn to interim HC, while we forge a deal with Coughlin... Time to get back to winning....

I am a Cardale guy. I will get behind any Buckeye even if it's irrational.

With that being said, he's still a year away to me. I wouldn't be surprised though if he became a good pro. It may have been earlier in this thread but I like Cardale's chances of developing into a franchise guy about as much as anyone in this class. He has a high ceiling but a low floor. He's not anywhere close to supplanting Tyrod now but has the skills to be a franchise QB.

Well, lookie here!

@NFLFilmStudy

Bombshell from @LanceZierlein- he hasn't heard one NFL person who thinks Deshaun Watson goes in the first-round this spring.

interesting but not surprised

Is this a thing now? They are trying to win the Big 12...have 3 games left including bowl

@rapsheet

#Oklahoma star DT Charles Walker told coach Bob Stoops that he's leaving the team immediately to prepare for the draft. He's projected high

WOW!

On the Charles Walker front, he's not played since the start of October due to a concussion. Apparently the third one he's suffered in his college career.

I get it if he's trying to protect himself from doing further damage before the money starts rolling in. Unfortunately for him, it leaves more questions than answers.

On the Charles Walker front, he's not played since the start of October due to a concussion. Apparently the third one he's suffered in his college career.

I get it if he's trying to protect himself from doing further damage before the money starts rolling in. Unfortunately for him, it leaves more questions than answers.

Much easier to accept his approach than a guy like Gilly who already has milllllllllions. Play it safe and get paid, totally understandable for a college kid.

Stoops slammed the decision publically but the concussion element does shed some different light.

Stoops slammed the decision publically but the concussion element does shed some different light.

Bob Stoops only cares about his chances of winning. As much as people want to portray the game as some paragon of virtue, it all comes down to being a pretty selfish endeavour. He just lost Matt Dimon for the year (injuries and off-field issues) and he's thinking about his neck being on the line.

Life is about choices and the consequences that arise from them. Walker's best bet is to be honest and hope that it doesn't cost him too much in the long run.

I'm not all the way sold on him as a bona fide 1st round pick & franchise QB yet but I think I'd take a punt on Mitch Trubisky in that 11-20 range if he was available. The same way I felt about Carson Wentz, not a superstar rookie that I throw an entire draft at to secure but, if he's there, I'm inclined to gamble.

He's the QB I feel most comfortable with at this point. He's too happy throwing off-platform, won't step into certain throws despite a clean pocket, some of his effort balls are courtesy of a near-Bortles wind-up. That said, he's accurate enough, placement will hopefully get there with experience, he's functionally mobile, can read through progressions, glimpses of throwing with anticipation.

Year 1, he might be a little bit of a drop-off in comparison to what we've got now but I think he could progress into at least a top 12-15 QB. Maybe even crack the top 10 if he can get a decent QB coach working on him early and iron out the kinks in his technical process.

Edited by Blokestradamus

I'm not all the way sold on him as a bona fide 1st round pick & franchise QB yet but I think I'd take a punt on Mitch Trubisky in that 11-20 range if he was available. The same way I felt about Carson Wentz, not a superstar rookie that I throw an entire draft at to secure but, if he's there, I'm inclined to gamble.

He's the QB I feel most comfortable with at this point. He's too happy throwing off-platform, won't step into certain throws despite a clean pocket, some of his effort balls are courtesy of a near-Bortles wind-up. That said, he's accurate enough, placement will hopefully get there with experience, he's functionally mobile, can read through progressions, glimpses of throwing with anticipation.

Year 1, he might be a little bit of a drop-off in comparison to what we've got now but I think he could progress into at least a top 12-15 QB. Maybe even crack the top 10 if he can get a decent QB coach working on him early and iron out the kinks in his technical process.

He feels like the guy going to Cleveland to me with their 2nd first rounder (even if they have to go up a little). He's a Cleveland kid too.

I would be estatic with this draft

11: R1P11

DL JONATHAN ALLEN

ALABAMA

43: R2P11

TE O.J. HOWARD

ALABAMA

75: R3P11

WR JOHN ROSS

WASHINGTON

153: R5P11

CB DWAYNE THOMAS

LSU

173: R5P31

S JOHNATHAN FORD

AUBURN

190: R6P11

G CALEB PETERSON

NORTH CAROLINA

216: R6P37

WR GABE MARKS

WASHINGTON STAT

Thoughts on this draft?

Of all the QBs in this draft, I'm by far most torn on Trevor Knight of Texas A&M (used to be at Oklahoma)

He's small, doesn't have a great arm, and has an oddly-pointed release, all of which bother me.

At the same time, he's got great footwork, knows where to go with the football, and is a very good athlete.

I think I might like him as a developmental guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.