2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

i think it's going to depend on what team he goes to. If he goes to the Browns for example, not sure he develops. If he somehow lands in a situation like Dak, I think he could be just as good. He's likely going to end up in SF, IMO.

I think that he goes to the Browns at 1.

Bad secondary... Mediocre QB.... You have a chance to squeak into the playoffs with ONE of those, but BOTH? -Fat chance.... It's not an explanation... We need a QB... Point blank.

Tell me the guy that improves the QB position next year and I am all ears. The Bills have a decent NFL starter and there may not be one in this draft. Tyrod is the starter in 2017 and maybe 2018. 2017 isn't even a discussion anymore.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice you have my man Jabrill in your sig as your first round pick. Do you think we're gonna suck badly enough down the stretch to get in his projected range, or do you think he will fall? Or are you just nuts?

I am nuts but just hopeful thinking, I think he goes before we pick but he looks good in my sig. It's the one place where I actually get what I want :D

Down goes Clemson! Good thing Rex doesn't have to coach a game tomorrow.

:w00t::w00t::w00t: love it when the media darling team goes down

I think that he goes to the Browns at 1.

Tell me the guy that improves the QB position next year and I am all ears. The Bills have a decent NFL starter and there may not be one in this draft. Tyrod is the starter in 2017 and maybe 2018. 2017 isn't even a discussion anymore.

pretty much, just hope he keep developing or we groom someone behind him.

I am an OSU fan but would sign for Peppers. He does absolutely everything and fits a BIG need. He'd be an interesting piece in that secondary.!

sign?

I thought you were LSU.

pretty much, just hope he keep developing or we groom someone behind him.

sign?

I thought you were LSU.

I live in Louisiana but have always been a Buckeye fan. I follow LSU being there but am indifferent on them. There are some great safeties in this class (Hooker, Adams, Peppers, Evans, etc..). The Bills need one (or 2) desperately. This is a great chance to get better there. Not always to draft needs meet the draft strengths (see the EJ draft). I would hate to need a LT in this draft. It is thin at OT. This is a great draft for RB and secondary. The Bills should be okay at RB but will need help in the back of the defense.

I live in Louisiana but have always been a Buckeye fan. I follow LSU being there but am indifferent on them. There are some great safeties in this class (Hooker, Adams, Peppers, Evans, etc..). The Bills need one (or 2) desperately. This is a great chance to get better there. Not always to draft needs meet the draft strengths (see the EJ draft). I would hate to need a LT in this draft. It is thin at OT. This is a great draft for RB and secondary. The Bills should be okay at RB but will need help in the back of the defense.

What do you think of Peppers and what about CBs?

Watson goes for 580 yards in a loss.

Wow.

I miss those dark navy blue uniforms. I know everyone hates em but for me the darker the better as I find light colors irritating. I would make our colors Red, White and Black kinda like the old Sabres uniforms. Actually that would make a really cool alternate jersey instead of those God-awful color puke uniforms.

Speaking of safeties, anyone else buying on Dante Barnett?

I will buy on Barnett. I don't know about his upside as he has played a lot of football but he's good. He feels like a guy that will adjust pretty easily.

What do you think of Peppers and what about CBs?

Peppers reminds me of Miles Jack but healthy. Jack had a position though. I don't know if that's good or bad but he was a LB. Peppers to me is a safety but can do a lot of different things.

The CBs are deep. There are 10-15 guys that could go in the 1st 2 rounds. A lot of good athletes that used to be RBs have been converted to WR and CB. It feels like we are starting to see a lot of talented corners coming in. I'll defer to Bandit and Blokes as to their favorites.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I will buy on Barnett. I don't know about his upside as he has played a lot of football but he's good. He feels like a guy that will adjust pretty easily.

Peppers reminds me of Miles Jack but healthy. Jack had a position though. I don't know if that's good or bad but he was a LB. Peppers to me is a safety but can do a lot of different things.

The CBs are deep. There are 10-15 guys that could go in the 1st 2 rounds. A lot of good athletes that used to be RBs have been converted to WR and CB. It feels like we are starting to see a lot of talented corners coming in. I'll defer to Bandit and Blokes as to their favorites.

Here's a good read on Peppers: Like the Honey Badger?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000710841/article/dare-to-compare-nfl-comp-for-michigan-lbdb-jabrill-peppers

How about your Wolverines?

Oh, did I forget to mention if the Buckeyes win against UM and the Nittany Lions win out, THEY are the Big 10 East Champs?

:o

I know a few of you guys spend a ton of time on prospects and do a great job with relaying information... How frustrating is a guy like Dak Prescott? I watched him plenty of times and saw NOTHING that I liked as a future pro. I don't want to derail the 17' thread I was just curious if a player like him changes the way you look at certain traits of other players? Without going back I remember Blokes liked him as a mid-round guy I think, and he provided some good back story on the kid. I don't remember Dak throwing with anticipation like he does now.

Flash in the pan or superstar?

I know a few of you guys spend a ton of time on prospects and do a great job with relaying information... How frustrating is a guy like Dak Prescott? I watched him plenty of times and saw NOTHING that I liked as a future pro. I don't want to derail the 17' thread I was just curious if a player like him changes the way you look at certain traits of other players? Without going back I remember Blokes liked him as a mid-round guy I think, and he provided some good back story on the kid. I don't remember Dak throwing with anticipation like he does now.

Blokes was all over Prescott, whereas I felt he was the kind of guy that had a LOT of work to do. I never saw him as a great passer, but he's been nothing short of that through 9 games.

For me personally, it probably opens me eyes to trying as hard as possible to figure out what a kid is able to determine pre-snap as much as what he's able to do between the snap and the time the ball is released.

Blokes was all over Prescott, whereas I felt he was the kind of guy that had a LOT of work to do. I never saw him as a great passer, but he's been nothing short of that through 9 games.

For me personally, it probably opens me eyes to trying as hard as possible to figure out what a kid is able to determine pre-snap as much as what he's able to do between the snap and the time the ball is released.

How the heck is he light years ahead of TT presnap!? My brother and I discussed that at length yesterday. That has to be more than just coaching, Tyrod has the better wheels and Dak has the better head IMO. As it stands right now this is the worst guess on a player I have made. When they played LSU last year I came to the conclusion he was no better than Brandon Harris as a QB. Yikes!!!!

One thing that Dak had that maybe was underrated was a resume. Russell Wilson did as well. People in scouting spend so much time digging so deep into the skills that sometimes they get distracted from a guy that is just a good football player. Dak had a great college career, elevated a program and played in an extremely tough conference. It sounds simple but sometimes guys are just good.

The Honey Badger was that guy for me. At LSU he was the most instinctual player that I maybe ever saw. His 40 time, etc... didn't matter because he was always around the ball. Barkevious Mingo would be the flip side of the coin. He never accomplished anything but had tons of physical skills. There is a delicate balance that scouts must consider in terms of production vs. skill sets that translate.

How the heck is he light years ahead of TT presnap!? My brother and I discussed that at length yesterday. That has to be more than just coaching, Tyrod has the better wheels and Dak has the better head IMO. As it stands right now this is the worst guess on a player I have made. When they played LSU last year I came to the conclusion he was no better than Brandon Harris as a QB. Yikes!!!!

I don't know, but I'm right there with you. I currently appear to have been 100% wrong on Dak.

I would bet that some of it is not just what they've been coached to do in college, but also how they've been coached. Dak played in a system that appears to have relied more heavily on pre-snap reads to reduce his post-snap reads, whereas I think Tyrod may have been able to rely on his athleticism in college in order to buy time to get through his progressions.

That's just a guess at this point.

One thing that Dak had that maybe was underrated was a resume. Russell Wilson did as well. People in scouting spend so much time digging so deep into the skills that sometimes they get distracted from a guy that is just a good football player. Dak had a great college career, elevated a program and played in an extremely tough conference. It sounds simple but sometimes guys are just good.

The Honey Badger was that guy for me. At LSU he was the most instinctual player that I maybe ever saw. His 40 time, etc... didn't matter because he was always around the ball. Barkevious Mingo would be the flip side of the coin. He never accomplished anything but had tons of physical skills. There is a delicate balance that scouts must consider in terms of production vs. skill sets that translate.

I hear you...I've been burned on the resume thing too though--EJ had a resume. He was 4-0 in bowl games!

Maybe I'm just not great at judging QBs :lol:

Edited by thebandit27

I had a 3rd round grade on him, he was my top developmental QB. After his junior year, I honestly felt that his NFL future was backup QB or maybe a H-Back position switch. (I'll even include proof so you can give me **** for it :D ) - https://twitter.com/StephenCulley/status/627079942023589888

His senior year really impressed me. I didn't think he was capable of doing what he's done as a rookie but I definitely felt that his trajectory was pointing up after 2 straight years of improvement at the college level. He wasn't ever a great pocket passer but he started to show glimpses of decent mental traits, manipulating DBs and attacking what they leave behind. Started using his mobility to set up the pass instead of just taking off.

Hard not to love the kid for who he is, really impressive guy whenever I've seen him speak. Natural born leader, how they reacted to him when his mother died told me a lot of the man he was. He !@#$ed up with the DUI but it was such an aberration given everything else, just a stupid mistake.

When the season is over, I'll need to go through his rookie year and work out if I can pinpoint certain things about where he's improved. From live looks, lot of credit is due to the Cowboys coaching staff. He's not frustrating, per se. Jared Goff is frustrating because I can't see what the hell it is I might've missed with him yet.

Edited by Blokestradamus

I don't know, but I'm right there with you. I currently appear to have been 100% wrong on Dak.

I would bet that some of it is not just what they've been coached to do in college, but also how they've been coached. Dak played in a system that appears to have relied more heavily on pre-snap reads to reduce his post-snap reads, whereas I think Tyrod may have been able to rely on his athleticism in college in order to buy time to get through his progressions.

That's just a guess at this point.

I hear you...I've been burned on the resume thing too though--EJ had a resume. He was 4-0 in bowl games!

Maybe I'm just not great at judging QBs :lol:

He had experience but not a great resume IMO. His senior bowl performance really elevated him in a weak QB class. EJ played a lot at FSU but didn't elevate his team (maybe that's a better way of putting it). He played in a Gator Bowl, a Chick-Fil-A Bowl, a Champs Sports Bowl and an Orange Bowl. He played well in all of them but with Florida State talent that really isn't elevating the team. He was an inconsistent college player.

EJ climbed as a prospect because of his character and physical skills. He is a good leader and person. There was never a time in his career though where he harnessed those physical traits consistently.

You are a FINE judge of talent (Elandon Roberts). We will have to see what comes of Patrick Mahomes...

Edited by Kirby Jackson

@PFWeekly

Our @greggabe breaks down the top NFL Draft prospects at DT and LB: http://shawurl.com/2xe2

CxPzUciXcAE062p.jpg

He had experience but not a great resume IMO. His senior bowl performance really elevated him in a weak QB class. EJ played a lot at FSU but didn't elevate his team (maybe that's a better way of putting it). He played in a Gator Bowl, a Chick-Fil-A Bowl, a Champs Sports Bowl and an Orange Bowl. He played well in all of them but with Florida State talent that really isn't elevating the team. He was an inconsistent college player.

EJ climbed as a prospect because of his character and physical skills. He is a good leader and person. There was never a time in his career though where he harnessed those physical traits consistently.

You are a FINE judge of talent (Elandon Roberts). We will have to see what comes of Patrick Mahomes...

He definitely nailed that one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.