2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

I hope we take Reuben Foster LB from Alabama. Sean McDermot's defense needs awesome linebackers (Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis). Foster would fit the Bill, but worried he won't be there at 10. I know we need a Qb, but we need defensive depth now. If they don't resign TT, then we are going to be in another rebuild, and I don't have the patience for that anymore. If our defense was even average, we would have made the playoffs this year, instead of allowing RBs to run for over 200 yards so many times :censored:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we take Reuben Foster LB from Alabama. Sean McDermot's defense needs awesome linebackers (Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis). Foster would fit the Bill, but worried he won't be there at 10. I know we need a Qb, but we need defensive depth now. If they don't resign TT, then we are going to be in another rebuild, and I don't have the patience for that anymore. If our defense was even average, we would have made the playoffs this year, instead of allowing RBs to run for over 200 yards so many times :censored:

so him inside or ragland inside? then i guess we let z brown walk? would save us some money that we could spend on a fa safety

Tell you what--if this team is bent on keeping Tyrod, and wants a backup with a similar skill set, they might consider Antonio Pipkin from Tiffin College.

As a senior, he completed 66% of his passes, threw for 25 TDs against 7 INTs, and rushed for over 900 yards with 8 rushing TDs.

I predict that Pipkin will become a few folks' darling after the Senior Bowl

And here...we...go...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000779227/article/senior-bowl-mike-mayocks-day-2-practice-stars

"Here's who stood out to me on Wednesday:

-------------------

Tipkin is only 6-foot-1 but the ball flies out of his hands. He struggled on Day 1, but I thought he looked a lot more comfortable out there on Day 2 and made some big adjustments, especially under center. Now I want to see him lock in on Day 3."

How much money is ZBrown actually gonna command in FA?

Well, Spotrac has Dont'a Hightower projected at $10M AAV.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/donta-hightower-9835/market-value/

Zach Brown is very close in age, and compares favorably to Hightower in terms of career solo tackles per game and career sacks per game, so there's a chance he comes in MUCH higher than I anticipated.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/donta-hightower-9835/market-value/

Zach Brown is very close in age, and compares favorably to Hightower in terms of career solo tackles per game and career sacks per game, so there's a chance he comes in MUCH higher than I anticipated.

i believe Hightower's projection is considered to be the "floor" of what Jamie Collins just signed for a few days ago with the Browns. His agent will ask for more from the Pats than what Collins got from the Browns because he will say "you kept my guy over him, so you must value him more..." Edited by YoloinOhio

If they dont sign they might draft a new one rounds 1-3.

i'd say 5 mil per min maybe as high as 7.

so him inside or ragland inside? then i guess we let z brown walk? would save us some money that we could spend on a fa safety

It seems that with his defense we need someone with speed and coverage skills, not sure if Z-Brown can fulfill that need. He's a great tackler though.

It seems that with his defense we need someone with speed and coverage skills, not sure if Z-Brown can fulfill that need. He's a great tackler though.

Yeah you got it backward.

He is a rangy 4.4 speed guy.

Put up big tackle numbers but he was missing tackles left and right at the end of the season.

I'd like to see him kept but his effort at the end of the season was not good so wouldn't be surprised if a new coach decided to pass on a guy who was helping get his coach fired with poor tackling.

I don't think Brown will be viewed in the same category as a producer or competitor as Hightower.

I think we're going to start to see the Obi Melifonwu train start to pick up steam now.

In the few games I watched, he looks very good in coverage, and when creeping up in run support, the play always seems to stop at his doorstep.

I have no idea how well he'll play with his back to the ball when he has over-the-top responsibility, but the simple fact that he's got prototype WR size will cause scouts to drool.

He kind of reminds me of Miles Killebrew type—only Melifonwu actually finds his way to the ball.

He strikes me as the type that could have a meteoric rise into the top-20 if he tests well in workouts, but right now I see him as a R2-R3 guy.

Gotta love the play at the 4:21 mark...fight through the trash and lay the wood.

Melifonwu is now the 104th first rounder in this class. He's a pretty decent player but this **** is going crazy, people making out like he's the next Kam Chancellor or something.

Really like his game, I think he's a solid 4.5 kind of guy, smart against the run, athletically and technically capable in coverage. Could play SS or WLB for McDermott, depending on testing etc. I'm with Bandit, likely a Day 2 player for me.

Melifonwu is now the 104th first rounder in this class. He's a pretty decent player but this **** is going crazy, people making out like he's the next Kam Chancellor or something.

Really like his game, I think he's a solid 4.5 kind of guy, smart against the run, athletically and technically capable in coverage. Could play SS or WLB for McDermott, depending on testing etc. I'm with Bandit, likely a Day 2 player for me.

It's hilarious isn't it? Get used to it Blokes; it's not going to get any better.

I really think that ifMelifonwu breaks 4.5 and puts up some solid athletic numbers in his workouts, some team will see Kam in him and take him in the 1st.

It would take quite a feat to move him from a day 2 guy for me as well.

It's hilarious isn't it? Get used to it Blokes; it's not going to get any better.

I really think that ifMelifonwu breaks 4.5 and puts up some solid athletic numbers in his workouts, some team will see Kam in him and take him in the 1st.

It would take quite a feat to move him from a day 2 guy for me as well.

I've heard someone suggest he'll be a 4.4 flat guy. I haven't seen where he's doing Combine training. If he ends up at EXOS, he might break that 4.5 barrier but the tape still doesn't really show it.

I could see a team like KC taking a shot late 1st if Berry doesn't come back.

I think we're going to start to see the Obi Melifonwu train start to pick up steam now.

In the few games I watched, he looks very good in coverage, and when creeping up in run support, the play always seems to stop at his doorstep.

I have no idea how well he'll play with his back to the ball when he has over-the-top responsibility, but the simple fact that he's got prototype WR size will cause scouts to drool.

He kind of reminds me of Miles Killebrew type—only Melifonwu actually finds his way to the ball.

He strikes me as the type that could have a meteoric rise into the top-20 if he tests well in workouts, but right now I see him as a R2-R3 guy.

Gotta love the play at the 4:21 mark...fight through the trash and lay the wood.

One of the things I hope we see with McDermott's D and Whaley's scouting is an emphasis on rangier players like Melifonwu.

If you are going to play zone, players with length are a plus. There were a lot of issues with Rex D but the lack of length up front was a clear difference between his Jets and Bills fronts and I think it contributed to the disappointing run defense.

Malik McDowell and Kpassagnon are a couple players that would be intriguing on the defensive front as one gap players with length in that 2nd-4th round range(I know they don't have a 4th now).

That length makes up for over pursuit in the run game should the Bills employ wider fronts............but can also get hands up and provide a little obstruction to a Tom Brady specific gameplan.

It's out there a bit........but if for some reason the market for JPP was softer than expected I could see the Bills looking at him in FA if they decide to pass on some of their own big ticket items.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.