2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just been looking at my draft board which has (for me) a record 136 graded players. Of my "Top 100" a whopping 26 are defensive backs. #Deep.

Good, we need like 3. Two CBs & Safety. Really falling in love with Marcus Williams and still intrigued by Jabrill. Seems like both would be ideal fits here.

Unbelievably, that may even be low.

I think my board has 17 corners in my top ~100 now

I have some high day 3 guys somewhere just outside that 100 including your boy from Houston who I watched a bit of this afternoon, but those guys could easily sneak into day 2, especially with all those now tradeable 3rd round comp picks.

since you guys are talking dbs...

what are thoughts on quincy wilson?

how about Marlon humphrey?

I like Wilson's size and ball skills, but he's limited in terms of cover skills IMO

Humphrey is, I think, a top-15 player. Nice long arms, athletic, aggressive. He's got some technique issues, and his ball skills leave something to be desired, but just a nice, solid corner.

I like Wilson's size and ball skills, but he's limited in terms of cover skills IMO

Humphrey is, I think, a top-15 player. Nice long arms, athletic, aggressive. He's got some technique issues, and his ball skills leave something to be desired, but just a nice, solid corner.

Wilson intrigues me as a zone corner. just 2 names I've come across and liked what I've seen. I definitely don't put the work in you guys do though. thanks for the info!

Yea I have a top 15 grade on Humphrey too. He is #14 on my board if you put a line through poor old Sidney Jones and #15 if you don't.

Qunicy Wilson I have right on that 1st / 2nd round boundary. I feel a bit like how I felt on Artie Burns last year - he is a first rounder as a zone corner but would not be if you wanted to leave him on an island in man frequently.

I think McDermott is legit on player character. There were things about Foster before the combine that were sketchy apparently and then the incident at the hospital happened. I just don't believe he fits with what we're trying to build. Just an opinion and a gut feeling. No "sources deep within" or anything like that. :thumbsup:

I can see that being plausible. I hadn't heard of anything prior to the Combine about Foster but seldom are we privy to everything.

I think my board has 17 corners in my top ~100 now

Out of interest Bandit how many players have you evaluated total?

I feel like I have given myself a pretty good feel across guys who might go in the first 2 days - there is bound to be some I haven't looked at who do... but I feel like most of the 1st and 2nd day players are probably on my board.

My intention in the couple of weeks I have left is to try and look at some of the sleeper guys in positions where the Bills could have needs - particularly right tackle, tight end and some of the later round receivers.

I can see that being plausible. I hadn't heard of anything prior to the Combine about Foster but seldom are we privy to everything.

This is the article I had read:

mmqb.si.com/nfl-draft-combine-reuben-foster-alabama-hospital-incident-draft-stock

Out of interest Bandit how many players have you evaluated total?

I feel like I have given myself a pretty good feel across guys who might go in the first 2 days - there is bound to be some I haven't looked at who do... but I feel like most of the 1st and 2nd day players are probably on my board.

My intention in the couple of weeks I have left is to try and look at some of the sleeper guys in positions where the Bills could have needs - particularly right tackle, tight end and some of the later round receivers.

I have scouting write-ups on 111 players right now, and I'll probably add another 10-12 before the draft.

My approach is generally the same as yours: get a working feel for the guys I believe will be day 1-2 picks, and then do a deeper dive on positions of need for Buffalo.

This is the article I had read:

mmqb.si.com/nfl-draft-combine-reuben-foster-alabama-hospital-incident-draft-stock

I don't see any real red flags in that. A lot of it reads as being a victim of circumstance rather than him being a bad guy.

The white board stuff; I can understand why it might put a team off. I think one of the greatest qualities that a coach needs is the ability to understand his charges and adapt to them. 53 guys on a roster or even 5-6 in a position group, you'll have different personalities and ways of learning. I don't watch him on the field and think he's mentally deficient in any way whatsoever.

Given all of the circumstantial stuff, I'd understand if the incident at the Combine cast doubts over the rest of it. It just doesn't for me.

I have scouting write-ups on 111 players right now, and I'll probably add another 10-12 before the draft.

My approach is generally the same as yours: get a working feel for the guys I believe will be day 1-2 picks, and then do a deeper dive on positions of need for Buffalo.

I need to digitalise my notes next year. My grades are all stored on a spreadsheet that sits behind the spreadsheet that acts as my draftboard but my notes are handwritten in a notebook. I just find that an easier way to evaluate because I can scribble down stuff without taking my eyes off the screen whereas I can't watch one screen and type on another device at the same time without looking . It means when I am reading stuff about players and I think "Hmm that doesn't seem to accord with what I saw" I have to hunt back through pages of my notebook to find the detail.

I am such a 20th century human in 21st century times. :lol:

I need to digitalise my notes next year. My grades are all stored on a spreadsheet that sits behind the spreadsheet that acts as my draftboard but my notes are handwritten in a notebook. I just find that an easier way to evaluate because I can scribble down stuff without taking my eyes off the screen whereas I can't watch one screen and type on another device at the same time without looking . It means when I am reading stuff about players and I think "Hmm that doesn't seem to accord with what I saw" I have to hunt back through pages of my notebook to find the detail.

We have a very similar process. I have messed around with templates for scouting reports through Google Sheets but I find it laborious to take written notes and then type them up. I'm one of those people that has to write things down. I have such a bad memory that it's the only way that everything sticks.

At this point, I'm not planning to write anything on the 2018 class so that might be a good way of splitting the difference. I'll make it accessible to you horrible lot and everything. Pure transparency.

If we use 3 picks on pass catchers with a new defensive minded HC I'll be shocked. I could see Howard or Jones but not both back to back.

I typically watch video on my phone and type notes on my desktop...keeps me from having to mess with the process too much.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.