2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least 2 teams have taken Joe Mixon off their draft boards, including Pats

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/29/report-patriots-have-taken-joe-mixon-off-their-draft-board/related/

He is not on my board either. Not that it matters.... I just haven't looked at him because I don't want to waste my time looking at how good a football player he is when I know I'd hate my team to draft him.

He is not on my board either. Not that it matters.... I just haven't looked at him because I don't want to waste my time looking at how good a football player he is when I know I'd hate my team to draft him.

I know how good he is, which makes his off-field all the more disappointing. Like you, I'm not grading him but I've seen him via players on his team & watching some of Oklahoma's opponents.

I really struggle with the off-field stuff. I 'know' that Dalvin Cook's off-field is bad (perhaps more of a behaviour pattern than Mixon) but barely anything has stuck in terms of convictions.

I'm still working on getting fanspeak's AI to make the Houston trade. They'll do it with their 2nd instead of next year's first, but not the trade I'm really looking to simulate. I'll keep trying and see if I can get it. In the meantime, here's what I got when I made the trade with their 2nd instead (Composite Big Board):

25: R1P25
QB PATRICK MAHOMES II
TEXAS TECH
44: R2P12
S BUDDA BAKER
WASHINGTON
57: R2P25
CB CORDREA TANKERSLEY
CLEMSON
75: R3P11
WR ZAY JONES
EAST CAROLINA
89: R3P25
TE JORDAN LEGGETT
CLEMSON
130: R4P23
G NICO SIRAGUSA
SAN DIEGO STATE
171: R5P27
WR RYAN SWITZER
NORTH CAROLINA
195: R6P11
CB JALEN MYRICK
MINNESOTA

I'm still working on getting fanspeak's AI to make the Houston trade. They'll do it with their 2nd instead of next year's first, but not the trade I'm really looking to simulate. I'll keep trying and see if I can get it. In the meantime, here's what I got when I made the trade with their 2nd instead (Composite Big Board):

25: R1P25
QB PATRICK MAHOMES II
TEXAS TECH
44: R2P12
S BUDDA BAKER
WASHINGTON
57: R2P25
CB CORDREA TANKERSLEY
CLEMSON
75: R3P11
WR ZAY JONES
EAST CAROLINA
89: R3P25
TE JORDAN LEGGETT
CLEMSON
130: R4P23
G NICO SIRAGUSA
SAN DIEGO STATE
171: R5P27
WR RYAN SWITZER
NORTH CAROLINA
195: R6P11
CB JALEN MYRICK
MINNESOTA

If we came out of the draft with Mahomes, Baker, Tankersly, and Jones... wow. Just wow. Can't imagine much better of a haul.

Talking of OSU corners, was there a stipulated reason that Conley started playing in the slot a lot more later in the season?

Man, he looked rough doing it at times. Hunter Renfrow took him out of his shoes a couple of times.

it was scheme/game plan related. Also Lattimore got hurt in the Clemson game and they had to adapt personnel

He also got a starting slot corner at the end

Took him more for returns than anything, if we're being honest.

Yeah, if we have Tankersly, then our CB1&2 are Darby and Tankersly, with Seymour as the starting slot guy. I'd bet on Seymour in a Seymour v. Myrick battle. But then I was also looking forward to another season with NRC, so what do I know...

it was scheme/game plan related. Also Lattimore got hurt in the Clemson game and they had to adapt personnel

Much appreciated. I watch games with Spotify on rather than commentary so I probably missed some of that.

Came out as an early 3rd rounder for me. Prefer him in man to zone but he gets a little grabby vertically at times, think he's really inconsistent against crossers in man, little bit of tunnel vision, ran into a few picks. Run support isn't great but you've highlighted that already. Think he might struggle against bigger bodies on the boundary as well.

I get why people like him as a Bills fit though. Can play press trail in C3.

@si_nfl

Mock Draft 9.0: A month from now, the first three rounds will be over—@ChrisBurke_SI forecasts all 107 picks: http://on.si.com/2nAppDj

C8GK1ysWkAAujxN.jpg
bills_150.png
10. Reuben Foster LB, Alabama
Buffalo nabbed Foster’s ex-Alabama teammate, Reggie Ragland, in Round 2 last year. This time around, the Bills would find it tough to say no to the Crimson Tide product with a better all-around game.
44. Gareon Conley CB, Ohio State

75. Carlos Henderson WR, Louisiana Tech

@si_nfl

Mock Draft 9.0: A month from now, the first three rounds will be over—@ChrisBurke_SI forecasts all 107 picks: http://on.si.com/2nAppDj

C8GK1ysWkAAujxN.jpg
bills_150.png
Buffalo nabbed Foster’s ex-Alabama teammate, Reggie Ragland, in Round 2 last year. This time around, the Bills would find it tough to say no to the Crimson Tide product with a better all-around game.
44. Gareon Conley CB, Ohio State

75. Carlos Henderson WR, Louisiana Tech

I like it, kind of, but I don't see us taking Henderson with Godwin still on the board at WR.

@si_nfl

C8GK1ysWkAAujxN.jpg
bills_150.png

Passing over Mahomes or Watson for a LB would take a WHOLE LOT of guts.
First rule of the NFL draft is: You need a good QB to have any hope. Second rule of the NFL draft is: You need a good QB to have any hope. Third rule of the NFL draft is: It’s not the 1950s anymore, you don’t draft a LB in the first round. Fourth rule of the NFL draft is: You need a good QB to have any hope.

Passing over Mahomes or Watson for a LB would take a WHOLE LOT of guts.

First rule of the NFL draft is: You need a good QB to have any hope. Second rule of the NFL draft is: You need a good QB to have any hope. Third rule of the NFL draft is: It’s not the 1950s anymore, you don’t draft a LB in the first round. Fourth rule of the NFL draft is: You need a good QB to have any hope.

If they see any of the available QBs as the answer, then they should draft them at 10. OTOH, they should grab the best player or trade down if they do not.

What do y'all think about Jarrad Davis, Florida, as an OLB for us in second?

I think there was a very slim possibility of him being on the board before he showed that he was both healthy and explosive at his pro day.

He's gotta fit into that 20-30 range now.

I think Detroit, Miami, NYG, KC, GB, and Pittsburgh could all make sense for him in R1.

I think there was a very slim possibility of him being on the board before he showed that he was both healthy and explosive at his pro day.

He's gotta fit into that 20-30 range now.

I think Detroit, Miami, NYG, KC, GB, and Pittsburgh could all make sense for him in R1.

Gotcha. I was looking around for an option for OLB and he is intriguing for sure. Obviously like Foster but would rather go OLB in the later rounds. Anybody you like for us at OLB

Gotcha. I was looking around for an option for OLB and he is intriguing for sure. Obviously like Foster but would rather go OLB in the later rounds. Anybody you like for us at OLB

I've endorsed drafting a day 3 LB that can cover and using him as a sub-package guy for this year.

Guys I like that fit the mold include UCLA's Jayon Brown, the Kansas State due of Elijah Lee and Charmeachealle Moore, and Tennessee's Jaylen Reeves-Maybin.

By the way, tell me you all wouldn't take this draft in a nanosecond:

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P10
QB PATRICK MAHOMES II
TEXAS TECH
2: R2P12
WR ZAY JONES
EAST CAROLINA
3: R3P11
CB RASUL DOUGLAS
WEST VIRGINIA
4: R5P12
S TEDRIC THOMPSON
COLORADO
5: R5P27
LB JALEN REEVES-MAYBIN
TENNESSEE
6: R6P11
DL JEREMIAH LEDBETTER
ARKANSAS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.