2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

I've endorsed drafting a day 3 LB that can cover and using him as a sub-package guy for this year.

Guys I like that fit the mold include UCLA's Jayon Brown, the Kansas State due of Elijah Lee

I have a low 2nd on Elijah Lee. Forget day 3 if he was there in ROUND 3 I would be very tempted to pick him. Fast, decent positional awareness, superb closing speed and good coverage skill. Does he lack that size and power to smash into a bigger running back? Yes, but if you are drafting him for that you are drafting him for the wrong reasons. The kid can play.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they see any of the available QBs as the answer, then they should draft them at 10. OTOH, they should grab the best player or trade down if they do not.

I don't think this is a "2013 QB draft class" situation though where there just weren't any QBs worth a 1st round pick. Mahomes, Watson and even Trubisky are solid 1st round QB prospects.

Are they back half of the draft 1st rounder QBs? Probably...but if you're the Bills, the old saying "beggars can't be choosers" comes into play. Also the saying, "don't let the perfect become the enemy of the good". Picking QBs is a risky game, but you have to do it if you ever want to land one.

The Bills can look at the situation as being half full, in that at #10 they might have their choice of the top three QBs prospects and teams like the Saints, Cardinals, Redskins, Texans (or Jets if they trade back) would have to deal picks in a draft that's deep with talent.

Edited by 1billsfan

I've endorsed drafting a day 3 LB that can cover and using him as a sub-package guy for this year.

Guys I like that fit the mold include UCLA's Jayon Brown, the Kansas State due of Elijah Lee and Charmeachealle Moore, and Tennessee's Jaylen Reeves-Maybin.

By the way, tell me you all wouldn't take this draft in a nanosecond:

YOUR PICKS

1: R1P10

QB PATRICK MAHOMES II

TEXAS TECH

2: R2P12

WR ZAY JONES

EAST CAROLINA

3: R3P11

CB RASUL DOUGLAS

WEST VIRGINIA

4: R5P12

S TEDRIC THOMPSON

COLORADO

5: R5P27

LB JALEN REEVES-MAYBIN

TENNESSEE

6: R6P11

DL JEREMIAH LEDBETTER

ARKANSAS

Astro said he thinks the Bills like Elijah Lee

I have a low 2nd on Elijah Lee. Forget day 3 if he was there in ROUND 3 I would be very tempted to pick him. Fast, decent positional awareness, superb closing speed and good coverage skill. Does he lack that size and power to smash into a bigger running back? Yes, but if you are drafting him for that you are drafting him for the wrong reasons. The kid can play.

I have Lee as a fringe Day 2 pick--just outside my top 100.

I think he's going to end up a R4-R5 pick, but I wouldn't blame any team if they took him a round higher.

Astro said he thinks the Bills like Elijah Lee

Blokes is going to outright laugh, because he called me out for my K-State issue already, but I really do like their defenders in this class.

I think Lee is the best of the bunch, and I think most folks will have an early Day 3 grade on Jordan Willis as well, but it would not surprise me at all to see Charmeachealle Moore and Dante Barnett make NFL rosters as rookies either.

Blokes is going to outright laugh, because he called me out for my K-State issue already, but I really do like their defenders in this class.

I think Lee is the best of the bunch, and I think most folks will have an early Day 3 grade on Jordan Willis as well, but it would not surprise me at all to see Charmeachealle Moore and Dante Barnett make NFL rosters as rookies either.

He will be laughing at me too then because Lee and Willis are both in my top 100.

Mock draft would be awesome,
19. David Njoku TE Miami (TRADE WITH TAMPA)
44. Cam Robinson OT Alabama
50. JuJu Smith-Schuster WR USC (TRADE WITH TAMPA)
75. Rasul Douglas CB West Virginia
156. Nathan Peterman QB Pittsburgh
171. Fred Ross WR Miss St
195. Brendan Langley CB Lamar

Robinson could end up being great value at 44. Similar to Glenn value-wise.

Would love, if no trade, for Smith-Schuster to fall to 75. It happens a lot in my mocks, but I am trying to prevent false hope for myself. Ideal complement to Watkins based on style of game. Hope he's still targeted regardless of Holmes.

The actual reason I wanted to respond though is that Langley has long been my target at 171 or 195. Love the value there, too, and he usually falls in my mocks. Would take him then even if we took one at 10, 44, or 75... or whatever our high picks end up being.

cbs. safeties and foster gone

10: R1P10
CB MARSHON LATTIMORE
OHIO STATE
44: R2P12
TE EVAN ENGRAM ( WR )
OLE MISS
75: R3P11
G DION DAWKINS ( OT )
TEMPLE
156: R5P12
S JOHN JOHNSON
BOSTON COLLEGE
171: R5P27
TE JEREMY SPRINKLE
ARKANSAS
195: R6P11
EDGE HUNTER DIMICK

Mock draft would be awesome,
19. David Njoku TE Miami (TRADE WITH TAMPA)
44. Cam Robinson OT Alabama
50. JuJu Smith-Schuster WR USC (TRADE WITH TAMPA)
75. Rasul Douglas CB West Virginia
156. Nathan Peterman QB Pittsburgh
171. Fred Ross WR Miss St
195. Brendan Langley CB Lamar

I like the players, but I can't imagine them going so offensive. Our new HC is going to be looking at rebuilding that bad defense.

I'd love to see them trade back once or twice.

I have Lee as a fringe Day 2 pick--just outside my top 100.

Wow, it's fun to watch him tackle.

Edited by Thurman#1

Watching Jordan Willis at the moment and I'm definitely seeing why Bandit likes Dante Barnett. He doesn't mess around in the tackle, that's for sure.

Best play Moore has made so far is blitzing Howard, missing him and tackling Willis. :D

Right? I keep hearing about how Barnett played his way out of contention to be drafted, and yet every single time I try to watch Willis, or Lee, or Moore, Barnett keeps popping off the screen.

Wow, it's fun to watch him tackle.

Lee is a very talented kid...he can range and cover. If you could take Moore's aggression and temperament and put it into Lee's approach to playing the run, you'd have a top-50 player IMO.

@justinm_scout

After throwing at the Colorado pro day, the #Bills & #Redskins are showing some interest in Northern Colorado QB Kyle Sloter. #DraftTwitter

I'd heard a bit about him...will have to try to take a look in the next day or so if I can.

Right? I keep hearing about how Barnett played his way out of contention to be drafted, and yet every single time I try to watch Willis, or Lee, or Moore, Barnett keeps popping off the screen.

I mean, he's not a top 100 type of player or anything but he's draftable, even if it's only in the 7th. Takes a few poor angles to the ball at times but he plays with intent. As that box safety in a C3 scheme, it could give him a bit of freedom to roam, the occasional blitz too. Worse case scenario, he should become a pretty solid backup and ST player. Might need to add a little weight for that though, 193 is a little undersized.

I think Lee will grade out higher than Moore for me but I think I like Moore more. Probably a backup 3-4 WILB or 4-3 Mike but he's all action, plays the run pretty well and I truly appreciate the effort he gives. Not to mention, a 1.54 10-split at his Pro Day and a 6.89 3-cone will help him.

I mean, he's not a top 100 type of player or anything but he's draftable, even if it's only in the 7th. Takes a few poor angles to the ball at times but he plays with intent. As that box safety in a C3 scheme, it could give him a bit of freedom to roam, the occasional blitz too. Worse case scenario, he should become a pretty solid backup and ST player. Might need to add a little weight for that though, 193 is a little undersized.

I think Lee will grade out higher than Moore for me but I think I like Moore more. Probably a backup 3-4 WILB or 4-3 Mike but he's all action, plays the run pretty well and I truly appreciate the effort he gives. Not to mention, a 1.54 10-split at his Pro Day and a 6.89 3-cone will help him.

We're pretty much on the same page.

I think both Lee and Moore are sub-package guys for at least a year or two, but the fact that they can both move and cover gives them more value on this team than on others IMO. Like I said, I'd really like to go all science experiment and combine Lee's body type and technique with Moore's temperament and athleticism.

Texas WR Dorian Leonard looks like he could be a good one for the '18 class. Listed as 6'5, 210, probably closer to about 6' 3 1/2" though.

Fantastic body control. Stats aren't there because of being buried on the depth chart and some horrific QB play last year but he broke out for 7-125 vs West Virginia.

Is D'Onta Foreman > Leonard Fournette a hot taek? If so, I'm positively en fuego.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Texas WR Dorian Leonard looks like he could be a good one for the '18 class. Listed as 6'5, 210, probably closer to about 6' 3 1/2" though.

Fantastic body control. Stats aren't there because of being buried on the depth chart and some horrific QB play last year but he broke out for 7-125 vs West Virginia.

Is D'Onta Foreman > Leonard Fournette a hot taek? If so, I'm positively en fuego.

Did he match up with Douglas much in that breakout game?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.