RD 4, Pick 139: QB Cardale Jones, Ohio State

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Taylor need not be thinking that 12-gauge - 11 collegiate games is any threat to his starting job in the next two years.

Probably not, but Tyrod's contract is up at the end of this season, and a lot can happen between now and then. I don't think that Tyrod is at all worried about his job this season, but the Bills interest in Tyrod, Tyrod's interest in the Bills, the Bill's Salary Cap situation, and Cardale's progress, will all be at different points at the end of this season.

Probably not, but Tyrod's contract is up at the end of this season, and a lot can happen between now and then. I don't think that Tyrod is at all worried about his job this season, but the Bills interest in Tyrod, Tyrod's interest in the Bills, the Bill's Salary Cap situation, and Cardale's progress, will all be at different points at the end of this season.

I predict Tyrod will have a new contract by the end of this next season

They just wanna see if he has progressed from last year to this

2 thoughts on Cardale; has physical ability, lacks mental aspect. Reminds me of a lot of Manuel, as both were bigger QBs who could run, but don't project as runners in the NFL. Additionally both came into the league at relatively old age, Manuel 23, Jones 24. Assuming Jones can be groomed behind Manue for a season, the Bills could bring in another true #2 behind Taylor. Problem is Taylor is free to go after this season if not resigned. Resigning Taylor is important.

2 thoughts on Cardale; has physical ability, lacks mental aspect.

I have read a lot of similar comments here, and I'm going to challenge everyone who says it: What leads you to believe that Cardale "lacks the mental aspect"? As far as I can tell, nothing could be farther from the truth. I have yet to see a scrap of evidence to support such a view.

I have read a lot of similar comments here, and I'm going to challenge everyone who says it: What leads you to believe that Cardale "lacks the mental aspect"? As far as I can tell, nothing could be farther from the truth. I have yet to see a scrap of evidence to support such a view.

I know Yolo's gonna swoop in here to defend him, but it'll fall on deaf ears, honestly.

What he did last year doesn't inspire confidence, so I can't blame anyone for questioning his mental ability in this game.

Cardale's gotta prove it here and now. That's all that matters.

@AroundTheNFL

Could Cardale Jones see the field in 2016? @greggrosenthal predicts when rookie QBs start their first games

Cardale Jones, Buffalo Bills: Jones is not your average late fourth-round pick. The national champion possesses an athletic skill set and big arm. General manager Doug Whaley believes Jones could be a "franchise" guy, but coach Rex Ryan hopes that Jones doesn't start as a rookie. That means something will have gone seriously wrong with Tyrod Taylor, not to mention EJ Manuel, who should open training camp as the favorite for the backup job.

With all that said, we wouldn't be surprised to see Jones get a test drive in the dog days of December if the Bills fall out of contention.

Prediction: Starts Week 17

@AroundTheNFL

Could Cardale Jones see the field in 2016? @greggrosenthal predicts when rookie QBs start their first games

Cardale Jones, Buffalo Bills: Jones is not your average late fourth-round pick. The national champion possesses an athletic skill set and big arm. General manager Doug Whaley believes Jones could be a "franchise" guy, but coach Rex Ryan hopes that Jones doesn't start as a rookie. That means something will have gone seriously wrong with Tyrod Taylor, not to mention EJ Manuel, who should open training camp as the favorite for the backup job.

With all that said, we wouldn't be surprised to see Jones get a test drive in the dog days of December if the Bills fall out of contention.

Thats because they don't think Bills will make the playoffs.

I call this buffalo chips

2 thoughts on Cardale; has physical ability, lacks mental aspect. Reminds me of a lot of Manuel, as both were bigger QBs who could run, but don't project as runners in the NFL. Additionally both came into the league at relatively old age, Manuel 23, Jones 24. Assuming Jones can be groomed behind Manue for a season, the Bills could bring in another true #2 behind Taylor. Problem is Taylor is free to go after this season if not resigned. Resigning Taylor is important.

These two QBs (Cardale and EJ) are really not anything alike so comparing them is fruitless

The only thing they have in common is they are both big and athletic

EJ - The reason why he is failing in the NFL is he is TOO careful with the ball.....wont pull the trigger. Then he got into that game against the jags and pulled the trigger a little too much

C. Jones......he is not hesitant at all.......and he is gonna throw picks....but he will sling it......not afraid to do it and will do it again after he makes a mistake. That can be both good and bad.

Thats because they don't think Bills will make the playoffs.

I call this buffalo chips

What do you take out of this to think the bills will not make the playoffs

@AroundTheNFL

He says Cardale will get a test drive if we're out of contention, then predicts that he will start in week 17 (aka we're out of contention by week 16)

These two QBs (Cardale and EJ) are really not anything alike so comparing them is fruitless

The only thing they have in common is they are both big and athletic

EJ - The reason why he is failing in the NFL is he is TOO careful with the ball.....wont pull the trigger. Then he got into that game against the jags and pulled the trigger a little too much

C. Jones......he is not hesitant at all.......and he is gonna throw picks....but he will sling it......not afraid to do it and will do it again after he makes a mistake. That can be both good and bad.

Why would they start the 3rd stringer if trying to win?

He says Cardale will get a test drive if we're out of contention, then predicts that he will start in week 17 (aka we're out of contention by week 16)

exactly. which we won't be.

dammit, for even considering such blasphemy

till at least mid season :bag:

Just one guy's opinion.

JampackedHideousAustralianfreshwatercroc

Love this.

Hoping for Prescott. I have little or no expectations out of Jones after watching him last season. Missed having that higher 4th round pick.

This. Really really disappointed when Prescott got picked ahead. Could have nabbed him but for the Ragland deal. Hopefully he'll be worth it.

Jones is a wasted pick who will never start an NFL game.

This. Really really disappointed when Prescott got picked ahead. Could have nabbed him but for the Ragland deal. Hopefully he'll be worth it.

I'd take that bet

Your opinion -- remember, that's all it is -- might be worth something if we could see a record of your post-draft prediction history...or if, like, you actually provided any insight as to why you believe CJ was a "wasted" pick.

Without either, your post is really just filler and makes me wonder why you bothered to type it in the first place.

Your opinion -- remember, that's all it is -- might be worth something if we could see a record of your post-draft prediction history...or if, like, you actually provided any insight as to why you believe CJ was a "wasted" pick.

Without either, your post is really just filler and makes me wonder why you bothered to type it in the first place.

Yep. Complete waste of bandwidth.

How do you feel about the pick of Ragland at that spot though ?

Yep. Complete waste of bandwidth.

Everyone should be allowed to speak , regardless.