Tyrod Taylor and Chad Kelly - Happiest Men in the World

1. Tyrod Taylor, because it is now obvious that the Bills will not have any kind of successor in waiting. Even if they take a flyer on a mid-late rounder, the consensus will be that the guy is, at best, a project who'll need a couple years of seasoning. Tyrod now officially has the Bills over a barrel. All he has to do is play adequately and stay healthy and he'll be cashing a big check.

2. Chad Kelly. Because if Tyrod does neither of the above, the Bills will be pulling off a Rams-type deal to mortgage the future for Jim Kelly's nephew, official QB of the future, c. April 2017 ...

Hey, who needed to draft a QB when there's a guy with a bad shoulder and a guy with an enlarged aorta still on the board!

Chad Kelly just lost some major pieces on offense. I'd probably wait to see how he does before deciding it's time to mortgage the farm for him. Then again, I don't think he's as good as people are making him out to be.

Edited by Bangarang

1. Tyrod Taylor, because it is now obvious that the Bills will not have any kind of successor in waiting. Even if they take a flyer on a mid-late rounder, the consensus will be that the guy is, at best, a project who'll need a couple years of seasoning. Tyrod now officially has the Bills over a barrel. All he has to do is play adequately and stay healthy and he'll be cashing a big check.

2. Chad Kelly. Because if Tyrod does neither of the above, the Bills will be pulling off a Rams-type deal to mortgage the future for Jim Kelly's nephew, official QB of the future, c. April 2017 ...

Hey, who needed to draft a QB when there's a guy with a bad shoulder and a guy with an enlarged aorta still on the board!

Except, there was probably nobody available at QB that would remotely have the value that Lawson and Ragland will have in 2016, so... They are trying to win now, not take a flier on the future and concede this coming season. WACKY plan, but let's see how it plays out.

Chad Kelly just lost some major pieces on offense. I'd probably wait to see how he does before deciding it's time to mortgage the farm for him. Then again, I don't think he's as good as people are making him out to be.

Honestly, he's Jay Cutler from a talent standpoint.

Better than I thought, not as good as others hope.

Except, there was probably nobody available at QB that would remotely have the value that Lawson and Ragland will have in 2016, so... They are trying to win now, not take a flier on the future and concede this coming season. WACKY plan, but let's see how it plays out.

I agree. And as you note, that's the problem. Bills management always thinks they're just a role player or two away from really competing. I mean, not just competing to make the playoff; competing to win in the playoffs. And all objective information would suggest that this is simply not true. They're in a real salary cap bind after this year, they're not anywhere near the upper echelon teams this year, and yet ... the same.

And yes, I would draft Chad Kelly, but I'd also be thinking now about what the plan is for 2017 and beyond and figuring out how to get there, whether it's Kelly or someone else.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

:doh:

my thoughts also

I agree. And as you note, that's the problem. Bills management always thinks they're just a role player or two away from really competing. I mean, not just competing to make the playoff; competing to win in the playoffs. And all objective information would suggest that this is simply not true. They're in a real salary cap bind after this year, they're not anywhere near the upper echelon teams this year, and yet ... the same.

And yes, I would draft Chad Kelly, but I'd also be thinking now about what the plan is for 2017 and beyond and figuring out how to get there, whether it's Kelly or someone else.

No, they are not

if Kelly improves upon last yr I'm all in

This is Pegulas stealth tanking plan

And yet a guy who was the 180th pick and has 14 career starts has the Bills "over a barrel". :rolleyes:

I don't agree with the OP's entire premise but QB is the key position on the football field.

BY A LOT.

And then by a lot more.

You didn't "bank" on Tyrod becoming a franchise QB out of VA Tech so you are just being douchey for douche-sake so you can do this :rolleyes:.

If you are going to make no sense at all at least make it funny. :thumbsup:

Brandon would love it. So would Jimbo. Obviously. But for now it's a pipe dream, or maybe a gas mask dream? Those crazy kids.