Fitz calls his shot -Update Signed w/Jets

I couldn't disagree more with this statement...

Let me back up my position....

The teams had similar schedules with 2 games different. The Bills played KC and Cincinnati who were 2 playoff teams that won a combined 23 games. The Jets played Oakland and Cleveland two teams that combined for 10 wins. That is a huge disparity in quality of competition. So yes the Jets finished with a better record with a much easier schedule. Add in that the Jets lost both head to head games and I have a tough time saying the Jets were definitively the best team.

Or you could point out that we played the two worst teams in the league in TEN and JAX, getting lucky to escape TEN with a win and losing to JAX. Their schedules were similar. The Jets almost made the playoffs. The Bills didn't even come close. The Jets finished with a winning record. The BIlls didn't. The Jets finished ahead of the Bills in the standings.

All of this points to the Jets being the better team. Biggest differences being QB and Head Coach.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or you could point out that we played the two worst teams in the league in TEN and JAX, getting lucky to escape TEN with a win and losing to JAX. Their schedules were similar. The Jets almost made the playoffs. The Bills didn't even come close. The Jets finished with a winning record. The BIlls didn't. The Jets finished ahead of the Bills in the standings.

All of this points to the Jets being the better team. Biggest differences being QB and Head Coach.

Except for the time they played head to head. Twice. And lost both times.

But carry on. :beer:

Right. Without Fitz, the Jets are worse than Buffalo. With him, they are better. Rex Ryan put all of his eggs into the "gotta beat the Jets basket," and it worked. For those two games. Big deal.

The Jets were the better team, by far, last season. And if they sign Fitz, they'll be the better team again, by far. Regardless of head-to-head results.

So if they lose again they will be better?

I think that the Jets are clearly a better team than they are right now with Fitz. With or without Fitz though I do not think that they are better than the Bills. I'm not going to respond on this anymore. Clearly it is one of those thinks that we are just not going to agree on.

:w00t:

We'll just go ahead and label you "daffy apples" for wanting to rely on stupid overall W-L instead of actual head to head play AND competition against common opponents on common fields. You should change your name to "Ugh-ny".

So if they lose again they will be better?

I think that the Jets are clearly a better team than they are right now with Fitz. With or without Fitz though I do not think that they are better than the Bills. I'm not going to respond on this anymore. Clearly it is one of those thinks that we are just not going to agree on.

:w00t:

Do you honestly think Tyrod Taylor is better than Ryan Fitzpatrick?

We'll just go ahead and label you "daffy apples" for wanting to rely on stupid overall W-L instead of actual head to head play AND competition against common opponents on common fields. You should change your name to "Ugh-ny".

Common opponents? They beat the Pats. They beat the Jags. They beat the Redskins.

Yes. Meaningless. Thank you for showing me the light and sharing your brilliance.

The difference was 2 games. I even pointed the 2 games with different opponents for you. If the Bills play Cleveland last year do you think they win? If the Jets played the Bengals do you think they win?

Yes. Meaningless. Thank you for showing me the light and sharing your brilliance.

Not meaningless but can't be viewed in a vacuum. W-L record between 2 teams has a lot of nuance to it beyond what the ending total is.

Both teams are similarly talented, seems some fans have a hard time admitting that. If Rex put as much energy and focus into all 16 games instead of over hyping the Jets/Pats games we very well could have been the team with 10 wins.

When Fitz signs a new deal that will put that Jets right back into the mix in the AFC.

The difference was 2 games. I even pointed the 2 games with different opponents for you. If the Bills play Cleveland last year do you think they win? If the Jets played the Bengals do you think they win?

Not meaningless but can't be viewed in a vacuum. W-L record between 2 teams has a lot of nuance to it beyond what the ending total is.

Probably not.

Only on Two Bills Drive would the 2015 Bills, mathematically eliminated from the playoffs after week 15 and finishing (8-8) - be better than a Jets team who was still in the hunt in week 17, ending up with a (10-6) season.

It's Homerific!

The Bills played at P*ts and they lost, the Jets played at P*ts and they won. Oops. There goes your argument.

This is become just like the Flutie-RJ debate. Irrational with sides choosing what facts supports their argument.

Only on Two Bills Drive would the 2015 Bills, mathematically eliminated from the playoffs after week 15 and finishing (8-8) - be better than a Jets team who was still in the hunt in week 17, ending up with a (10-6) season.

It's Homerific!

You can say the Jets had the better record at end of season, you can even argue that the Jets are the better overall team (though that's debatable and I sure wouldn't say "by far"), but they were NOT better than the Bills the two times the lost to them.

You can say the Jets had the better record at end of season, you can even argue that the Jets are the better overall team (though that's debatable and I sure wouldn't say "by far"), but they were NOT better than the Bills the two times the lost to them.

That's exactly what he's arguing, I think.

The Bills played at P*ts and they lost, the Jets played at P*ts and they won. Oops. There goes your argument.

This is become just like the Flutie-RJ debate. Irrational with sides choosing what facts supports their argument.

How so?

3 QB's that the organization said may all be franchise guys in just 4 years.

Geno Smith is getting a lot of praise right now.

Bryce Petty is just a year removed from being hailed as the next franchse quarterback as well, but with questions of his ability to make reads.

giphy.gif