Jarran Reed On Bills - "We'd Be Unstoppable"

H2o

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me of the Michael Jordan quote. "The only one who can stop Michael Jordan is Dean Smith." The only one who could stop the 2015 Bills defense is Rex Ryan.

I hope as hell Rex figures it out but it's hard to see us being dominant after the tire fire of last year.

Wasn't that the consensus of the D last off season?

Anyway...307lbs? I don't think so...

It's less about size for me and more about that he doesn't fit the mold of what Rex usually likes in a 1st-round DLmen. He's got nowhere near the athleticism, length, or versatility of guys like Wilkerson and Richardson.

It would be a big departure from what Rex has used effectively in the past.

This reminds me of the Michael Jordan quote. "The only one who can stop Michael Jordan is Dean Smith." The only one who could stop the 2015 Bills defense is Rex Ryan.

I hope as hell Rex figures it out but it's hard to see us being dominant after the tire fire of last year.

Not defending Rex because he pissed me off too, but maybe the lack of effort by some and lack of understanding the defense by others were the issues? Hopefully things turn around this year, hopefully. I think adding Reed would be a huge lift for our front.

I really like Reed and A'Shawn.

If I'm drafting for 'NEED', which I never do, I think I need to find Mario's Replacement. And also prepare for Kyle's replacement.

But then I wonder if we put Marcel and KW on the outside spots in a base 3-4, can Reed or A'Shawn clog the middle? Wouldn't a Billings be a better choice? But then I don't have my DE.

And then I think shouldn't I get a pure EDGE rusher like Spence or Floyd?

Or the consensus best ILB in Ragland?

So many possibilities.

It's less about size for me and more about that he doesn't fit the mold of what Rex usually likes in a 1st-round DLmen. He's got nowhere near the athleticism, length, or versatility of guys like Wilkerson and Richardson.

Ah, thank you. This is the best argument Ive heard against adding Reed to Rex's D.

Who, in your opinion, would be like Wilkerson/Richardson, and realistically available to us in this draft?

I have to say I'm really surprised that Reed is getting so much attention this late in the process. It seems like it relates back to the Bills visiting him as he missed his visit and everyone in the media is just running with it. Reed is a solid player but he is one of the least dynamic front 7 guys and I'm not convinced Rex or Whaley would consider this kid BPA or even best fit.

Ah, thank you. This is the best argument Ive heard against adding Reed to Rex's D.

Who, in your opinion, would be like Wilkerson/Richardson, and realistically available to us in this draft?

I think you're looking at Chris Jones as the best fit, though Vernon Butler has the same physical makeup--he's just not the same level of athlete that those guys are IMO.

I agree with this and I just don't get the love for a one dimensional DT who can't rush the passer. So, that means that Ryan can't use him in his one gap 3-4 or have him drop into pass coverage. Seems limited for a 1st round pick.

Chris Jones/Vernon Butler

I think you're looking at Chris Jones as the best fit, though Vernon Butler has the same physical makeup--he's just not the same level of athlete that those guys are IMO.

Ah, thanks guys.

Both Jones and Butler have been on my radar. I think I almost prefer Butler.

Is it just me, or when watching tape of Jones, doesnt he look like he is just half-assing it most of the time? I rarely see the explosion/speed that I hoped to.

Ah, thanks guys.

Both Jones and Butler have been on my radar. I think I almost prefer Butler.

Is it just me, or when watching tape of Jones, doesnt he look like he is just half-assing it most of the time? I rarely see the explosion/speed that I hoped to.

When Jones is on he's much better, Butler is almost always at 100% but isn't quite as good as Jones' best. Just my opinion. I think both are more suited for the late 20's to end of the first range, but we don't have a pick there yet so it'll come down to what the front office deems worthwhile.

any chance you think Bama defensive players are seen as Duke basketball players? Combination of the system and how the player fit into it? Thus ultimately costing them draft spots?