Draft Time - Who would you love, hate, and expect

Virgil

I'm okay with that plan.

I'm fine with Clark in round 2, but IMO Reader is more of a day 3 guy.

My day 3 EDGE guy of choice is Matt Judon from GVSU

I'm assuming we have to give up our 2nd rd pick to move up, just hoping to get Clark or Johnson in the 3rd (doubtful though) or reader in 3 or 4. Judon would be awesome too.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming we have to give up our 2nd rd pick to move up, just hoping to get Clark or Johnson in the 3rd (doubtful though) or reader in 3 or 4. Judon would be awesome too.

I think if you're into round 3 for an IDL then you might be looking at Maliek Collins or Hassan Ridgeway--if prefer the latter as I think he's a better scheme fit. I also really like Javon Hargrave from SC State.

Judon is my boy--he's as pure a pass rusher as there is available on day 3.

I think if you're into round 3 for an IDL then you might be looking at Maliek Collins or Hassan Ridgeway--if prefer the latter as I think he's a better scheme fit. I also really like Javon Hargrave from SC State.

Judon is my boy--he's as pure a pass rusher as there is available on day 3.

I really, really like Hargrave. I think he's a great fit in Ryan's D and could receive the coaching here to polish up his raw skills

Love:

Sheldon Rankins, Shaq Lawson, Darron Lee or Myles Jack.

Hate:

Paxton Lynch or any other QB at 19.

Expect:

Trade up w/Cleveland for Jack if he makes it to 8 or Shaq Lawson/Darron Lee if

they stay put at 19. If neither is there, I expect a trade down for an extra 2nd rounder

and one of Vernon Butler/Chris Jones/Jarran Reed.

After the first round I'm expecting a CB, S, OT, WR, QB. Names I would like and wouldn't be surprised to hear called:

Karl Joseph, Kamalei Correa, Sterling Shepard, Braxton Miller, Cyrus Jones, Willie Beavers, Zak Prescott/Cardale Jones/Kevin Hogan.

Edited by purple haze

There will be a very good DL prospect that will really help the rotation this year and project as a starter in the future (Kyle Williams won't be here forever)

Rankins, Lawson, Robinson. I want someone talented enough that will let Dareus be Dareus.

Don't trust/like

Reggie Ragland, doesn't look athetic enough to be an every down LB in the NFL

Christian Hackenberg, footwork is all over the place and I didn't like him throwing his coach under the bus for his lack of production

Robert Nkemdiche, all talent in the world but all the red flags you don't want to see in a prospect

a CB

a RB

a WR

I'm on the fence with Paxton Lynch.

I don't know what to expect, to be honest, logic says that they will be looking for more defense.

Is this 1st round only?

Love - Lawson, Jack

Hate - any of the QBs or WRs unless they trade down to bottom of 1st

Expect - I really haven't a clue what to expect other than recent history says it will be one of the 1st round prospects who came in for a visit - Lee, Rankins, Reed, Ragland,Butler, Decker, Ogbah, Apple

Edited by YoloinOhio

There will be a very good DL prospect that will really help the rotation this year and project as a starter in the future (Kyle Williams won't be here forever)

Rankins, Lawson, Robinson. I want someone talented enough that will let Dareus be Dareus.

Don't trust/like

Reggie Ragland, doesn't look athetic enough to be an every down LB in the NFL

Christian Hackenberg, footwork is all over the place and I didn't like him throwing his coach under the bus for his lack of production

Robert Nkemdiche, all talent in the world but all the red flags you don't want to see in a prospect

a CB

a RB

a WR

I'm on the fence with Paxton Lynch.

I don't know what to expect, to be honest, logic says that they will be looking for more defense.

These stories on Ragland make the "he's too unathletic" label seem like a full blown myth which clearly only got bigger over time through the pre-draft echo chamber...

My favorite line...

"Overheard behind me: "Ragland looks like a grown-ass man playing against 3-year olds out here." #Alabama #SeniorBowl"

IMO from watching Ragland's highlight videos, he plays like he's a heat seeking missile. I hope that fans here don't get overly upset if he's the pick. I get the feeling that over the months after the college season ends, there's just so much talk and picking apart of some of these guys that it sometimes leads to warped opinions of a player's abilities like Ragland.

Edited by 1billsfan

These stories on Ragland make the "he's too unathletic" label seem like a full blown myth which clearly only got bigger over time through the pre-draft echo chamber...

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/2016-senior-bowl-alabama-lb-reggie-ragland-blows-by-competition-in-first-practice

http://collegespun.com/national/former-alabama-lb-reggie-ragland-showing-out-at-senior-bowl-practices

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/20639/alabamas-reggie-ragland-jarran-reed-flaunt-versatility-at-senior-bowl

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/insider/story/_/id/14661967/alabama-lb-reggie-ragland-stands-mobile-nfl-draft

My favorite line...

"Overheard behind me: "Ragland looks like a grown-ass man playing against 3-year olds out here." #Alabama #SeniorBowl"

IMO from watching Ragland's highlight videos, he plays like he's a heat seeking missile. I hope that fans here don't get overly upset if he's the pick. I get the feeling that over the months after the college season ends, there's just so much talk and picking apart of some of these guys that it sometimes leads to warped opinions of a player's abilities like Ragland.

I am in the anti-Ragland group. He is near his ceiling now and is a little limited athletically IMO. I watch a lot of SEC football down here in Louisiana and his team was loaded. He plays downhill and is a thumper but he played behind some great DL. If he were the pick I would expect him to be a solid starter. I don't think that he is a disaster or anything. I just don't get excited about solid starter in the 1st.

I am in the anti-Ragland group. He is near his ceiling now and is a little limited athletically IMO. I watch a lot of SEC football down here in Louisiana and his team was loaded. He plays downhill and is a thumper but he played behind some great DL. If he were the pick I would expect him to be a solid starter. I don't think that he is a disaster or anything. I just don't get excited about solid starter in the 1st.

Did you read the articles? Not trying to be combative, but your opinion doesn't really match up with what being said in those articles.

Hate - any of the QBs or WRs unless they trade down to bottom of 1st

When did Treadwell become such a reach at 19? A couple months ago it was considered unlikely he would be available there. Did he get arrested or fail a drug test?

When did Treadwell become such a reach at 19? A couple months ago it was considered unlikely he would be available there. Did he get arrested or fail a drug test?

my own opinion mostly, but some draft "experts" don't even have him as the top WR in this draft.

Love: I think Billings even though we only need someone like him due to our 2015 complete defensive failure. It's not his fault though.

Hate: Didn't think it needed to be mentioned but Connor Cook. It would be worse than just skipping the round altogether because if we skip the round we don't have to pay anyone.

Expect: Not sure what to expect. Could see about 100 different things happening but I'd be a little surprised if it were: RB, WR, TE, DB.

Great idea for a final week thread!

Love:

19: Jack Conklin OT

49: Bronson Kaufusi ED

80: Cardale Jones QB

117: Cyrus Jones CB

139: Sean Davis FS/CB

156: Joe Haeg OT OG

192: Moritz Boehringer WR

218: Devon "Rockhead" Johnson RB FB

Hate:

19: Nkemdiche DT or any CB