Prince Has Died Per TMZ - R. I. P.

Maybe Dr. D. was right - he said he took a ton of opiates, but then took speed to balance it out. Not sure what was so pressing that he needed to get all this work done. Especially after a medical emergency

One of the DJs on the morning show I listen to whilst driving is a recovered addict. He said that, assuming Prince stopped taking anything after being brought back to life a few days earlier, it's not far-fetched for the body to react in such a way that the person would not sleep for that length of time.

I think the idea, here, is that the withdrawals kept him awake, then when he finally said phuck it, he ended up ODing.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:rolleyes:

Keep rolling those eyes like it isnt a problem. Meanwhile... http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/blog/buffalo-law-journal/2016/04/williamsville-doctor-indicted-on-more-than-100.html

Williamsville doctor indicted on more than 100 federal counts

A suburban doctor is being accused of contributing to the opioid problem in Western New York by issuing thousands of illegal prescriptions for controlled substances....

a statement of art is currently being left in my restroom in my office

Your performance in this thread is really not a good look for you. Ive seen you take the high road and call out trolls in most other RIP threads. Disappointing.

Edited by DrDareustein

Keep rolling those eyes like it isnt a problem. Meanwhile... http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/blog/buffalo-law-journal/2016/04/williamsville-doctor-indicted-on-more-than-100.html

A suburban doctor is being accused of contributing to the opioid problem in Western New York by issuing thousands of illegal prescriptions for controlled substances....

Your performance in this thread is really not a good look for you. Ive seen you take the high road and call out trolls in most other RIP threads. Disappointing.

I am not trolling in this thread. I get it and have said again and again he was talented. Can't deny that. But its just overhwhelming the attention he has received. I doubt Jagger, Elton John, Neil Young or anyone from Metallica receive this much attention. Its not a measuring stick of ability, fame or anything else. Its ridiculous to me because its right up there with Elvis.

That's my grief with this situation. Its almost a social fad to morn him.

what do you have against afternoon or eve?

I am not trolling in this thread. I get it and have said again and again he was talented. Can't deny that. But its just overhwhelming the attention he has received. I doubt Jagger, Elton John, Neil Young or anyone from Metallica receive this much attention. Its not a measuring stick of ability, fame or anything else. Its ridiculous to me because its right up there with Elvis.

Id attribute the "over" reaction more to his age than social fads. People were genuinely shocked because he is/seemed much younger than Jagger, Elton John, or Neil Young.

If James Hetfield dropped dead today at 52, you'd see a huge reaction too.

Couple that with just how influential and iconic Prince was to so many, and this is the reaction you get. Nothing wrong with that.

If you want to be the guy to take this as an opportunity to point out that some people might not be 100% genuine in their reaction, then that is your choice. Again, not a great look in an RIP thread though. Who cares?

If it was possible, you could bundle the talent from Jagger, Elton, Young and ALL of Metallica (I'll even let you count them 5 times) and it wouldn't even come close to the talent Prince had or, more importantly, to the impact he made on music/entertainment.

I forgive you for not understanding (you're in good company with Simon, congrats) this, but I would have thought you'd realize you had no idea what you were talking about before writing posts that are beneath you.

I never said it wasn't a problem. But blaming the doctors is laughable. They're not the ones popping the pills. And then turning to heroin once they're out of them. What's worse is that doctors were previously blamed for under-treating pain, and now they're to blame for opioid addiction. :rolleyes:

I never said it wasn't a problem. But blaming the doctors is laughable. They're not the ones popping the pills. And then turning to heroin once they're out of them. What's worse is that doctors were previously blamed for under-treating pain, and now they're to blame for opioid addiction. :rolleyes:

I think there are multiple people to blame for the biggest drug problem in our country - which is legal narcotics (in my opinion). Doctors are a huge part of the problem. My wife works with a person addicted to prescription pain medication. And that addict's husband is ALSO an addict. They drive to a doctor in New Hampshire because the doctors in NY and VT finally stopped writing the scripts.

There's only one way to get these pills legally and that's through a doctor's prescription.

I have never understood opoid addiction. I've taken opoids. But I have to be in serious pain to take them. They make me feel like ****. I can't imagine anyone wanting to feel that way, or how someone could become physiologically addicted to feeling like that.

I have never understood opoid addiction. I've taken opoids. But I have to be in serious pain to take them. They make me feel like ****. I can't imagine anyone wanting to feel that way, or how someone could become physiologically addicted to feeling like that.

It seems that it's like a 60/40 split. 40% of people seem to hate the feeling, get nauseous, etc.............60% can't imagine anyone wanting to not feel this way. No idea if my numbers are right, but I definitely would fall in the latter camp, unfortunately.

I'm with you. Took them right after my surgery because the doctor made me before I could leave. I took the rest and flushed them as soon as I got home. I don't get it either.

I'm with you. Took them right after my surgery because the doctor made me before I could leave. I took the rest and flushed them as soon as I got home. I don't get it either.

Same here. I left and right shoulder surgery (rotator cuff) two years apart with prescriptions for percocet and vicodin. I took only one pill of each because I hated the jittery way they made me feel.

The fact you compare Elvis to Prince says a lot regarding what you know about music. Do you realize there's apparently enough unreleased original music in Prince's vault that a new album could be released every year for the next 100 years? Tell me that doesn't deserve attention.

I was never a huge Prince fan, but I recognize the depth and breadth of his contributions. I went with my wife -- who IS a huge Prince fan -- to see Purple Rain last night. It's a goofy movie, but the music was incredible and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's a real shame when folks get caught up in how a dead performer is recognized because it doesn't matter. Nobody is forcing you to watch a memorial or buy his albums. You don't like the coverage -- turn the channel or click another link.