Bills considering trading up to #2 pick

Yeezus

Spelling is optional for twitter and millenniums.

oh sure. us old farts have ti actually try to spell correctly.

Not Fair !

Disagree, if the team doctors clear him, he's arguably the best player in the draft and plays a position of dire need for this team.

I don't believe the hype about his knee (or about this trade up scenario if I'm being honest. I'm just saying if the Bills do trade up to 2 (and I doubt they will) I would hope it's for Jack and not a QB.

If his knee is clean then yes, but good lord you better be sure and trade back down one or two so someone can grab Goff

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If his knee is clean then yes, but good lord you better be sure and trade back down one or two so someone can grab Goff

I agree they don't need to go to 2 for Jack. But they definitely would need to crack the top 5. That kind of wheeling and dealing would be fun to watch over draft weekend for sure, but I don't think the Bills will be moving up when the dust settles. Like others have said, it really only pays to move up for a guy you're certain is going to be not just good but a star -- and even then it's usually only worth it to move up that far for a QB. I think the Bills have a QB who can win this coming year, so for me if they moved up I hope it wouldn't be to get a guy who won't see the field in 2016.

...Then again, if they're convinced Wentz is the guy (Goff I think will go 1), he's worth getting even if you sit him for a year. I just don't think Wentz is the guy. But what do I know.

I agree they don't need to go to 2 for Jack. But they definitely would need to crack the top 5. That kind of wheeling and dealing would be fun to watch over draft weekend for sure, but I don't think the Bills will be moving up when the dust settles. Like others have said, it really only pays to move up for a guy you're certain is going to be not just good but a star -- and even then it's usually only worth it to move up that far for a QB. I think the Bills have a QB who can win this coming year, so for me if they moved up I hope it wouldn't be to get a guy who won't see the field in 2016.

...Then again, if they're convinced Wentz is the guy (Goff I think will go 1), he's worth getting even if you sit him for a year. I just don't think Wentz is the guy. But what do I know.

Deranged,

If they are going for a QB that is altogether different for me. and that why I say wait till next year to go ALL IN

What is going on at OBD

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/722452478332014598

The one year since Kelly retired we potentially have a legit QB and they wanna move up. This franchise is a joke

Why would you fault them for investigating it? Taylor looks good so far, but he's not under long term contract and he might price himself right out of Buffalo. It never hurts to have a plan B.

I have a feeling we stay at 19 and take Lynch. We aren't paying Taylor as evidenced by the lack of extension. Lynch sits behind Taylor to learn Romans offense and is named starter by week 10 after Taylor inevitably gets injured. I like TT but he's not the guy, great off the bench though.

Again, just my two cents..... Or best available WR.

Why do you assume the trade up is for a QB?? Maybe they trade up to #2 and start talking about Wentz, but then field an offer from a team that really wants Wentz between 4-10. Then we slide back down, get to pick between 4-10 and get an extra second rounder or third rounder.

If they trade up it had better be for a QB, otherwise it's bad draft management IMO.

I have a feeling we stay at 19 and take Lynch. We aren't paying Taylor as evidenced by the lack of extension. Lynch sits behind Taylor to learn Romans offense and is named starter by week 10 after Taylor inevitably gets injured. I like TT but he's not the guy, great off the bench though.

No, they aren't paying TT because they a) have him under contract for another year and don't need to extend him at the moment, b) have no cap room to extend him anyway, and c) want to see if he can put together another good season before paying him big money.

we aren't paying Taylor (yet) as evidenced by lack of 2016 cap space and limited evaluation.

Totally legit guy.

@AllbrightNFL

San Fran, Dallas, Philly, NYJ & Buffalo all have looked into cost of moving up. Cost to mive to #2 expected to be significantly less than #1

To be fair it doesn't say explicitly bills to 2, simply bills moving up and cost of 2 would be lower than 1 was.

If they have a guy that they think is a cornerstone I'm fine with a trade up but probably not to 2 unless behind closed doors they love a qb on the board and tyrod is a mess that we haven't been privy to.

No, they aren't paying TT because they a) have him under contract for another year and don't need to extend him at the moment, b) have no cap room to extend him anyway, and c) want to see if he can put together another good season before paying him big money.

B is false, they tried to pay him but he wants more money then they are willing to offer right now.

Semantics. They don't have the cap room to give him the deal he/his agent want.

No they placed a value on him. Anyone can be paid, this is the NFL any team can pay a guy if they really wanted to.

The Jets could pay Fitz what he wants... But they won't b.c they placed a value on him.

Edited by Beef Jerky