4-15 - Greg Roman on JMS: "We Want to Dominate People"

We will see if this plan works ASAP or if it takes half a season...

Why would it take half a season? The point was they already have the experience of a new season behind them.

This year will be the second year in. If the program is sound ( i feel strongly it is) than the floor will rise as a whole.

The offense will surely come out better and be able to maintain momentum.

Ya gotta often let the first season with all new coaches wash under the bridge as a fan. Sure they are learning tons of hard lessons and we scratch our heads.

Trust in the G Ro

So much attention gets put on how our defense under performed that we forget how well our offense did with a QB not winning the job until late in the pre-season. If we stay healthy on offense it should be pretty darn good under Roman.

Evan Boehm, Center, Missouri

That's the player I thought of in the draft who can dominate people. Probably a late 2nd to late 3rd round pick. This guy could replce Wood in a year or 2 and probably upgrade our RG spot now.

So much attention gets put on how our defense under performed that we forget how well our offense did with a QB not winning the job until late in the pre-season. If we stay healthy on offense it should be pretty darn good under Roman.

Don't forget some OLine issues which can be addressed and RB being decimated by injury (who WERE some of those guys?). They did a lot of good stuff considering all that went on. Unfortunately, Rex and the special teams were garbage.

Evan Boehm, Center, Missouri

That's the player I thought of in the draft who can dominate people. Probably a late 2nd to late 3rd round pick. This guy could replce Wood in a year or 2 and probably upgrade our RG spot now.

Perhaps the right move, in the draft, is to fall back from 19 to late 1st round and pick up a 2nd rounder, so we can still get the LB we need before the talent at that position falls off the board, get one of the good DL prospects with our 2nd before they dry up, and still have a bullet in the chamber to get Boehm.

Perhaps the right move, in the draft, is to fall back from 19 to late 1st round and pick up a 2nd rounder, so we can still get the LB we need before the talent at that position falls off the board, get one of the good DL prospects with our 2nd before they dry up, and still have a bullet in the chamber to get Boehm.

i agree - but in order to make that move they need a team to call them wanting to move up. I think most teams below about 15 want to trade down this year.

i agree - but in order to make that move they need a team to call them wanting to move up. I think most teams below about 15 want to trade down this year.

I'll just hope somebody falls unexpectedly who isn't a fit for us. Create some urgency for a team behind us. I agree, who doesn't love the idea of dropping a few spots, getting your guy and picking up another second?

This actually is worth a listen. Greg has a plan.

I for one am delighted he is a Coach for the Bills. and i sure bet the team takes a nice step forward this year on Offense under his reign

I like Roman as a coach and I think he's done a great job. Coaches should be graded on how much they get out of what they have to work with. He definitely didn't have an optimal situation in 2015, but that squad over performed in my opinion. His coaching and scheme was a very big reason why. I only wish I could say the same for Ryan and the defense.

I like Roman as a coach and I think he's done a great job. Coaches should be graded on how much they get out of what they have to work with. He definitely didn't have an optimal situation in 2015, but that squad over performed in my opinion. His coaching and scheme was a very big reason why. I only wish I could say the same for Ryan and the defense.

This is such an obvious point. And yet coaches often receive too much credit or too little.

Dick Jauron, for example, was an uninspiring leader. But the poor guy did not have a very good roster to work with either. He was probably doomed from the beginning by the personnel department's failures.

I think GRo did well with the players he had last year. But he needs to take a step forward this season.

Edited by hondo in seattle

This is such an obvious point. And yet coaches often receive too much credit or too little.

Dick Jauron, for example, was an uninspiring leader. But the poor guy did not have a very good roster to work with either. He was probably doomed from the beginning by the personnel department's failures.

I think GRo did well with the players he had last year. But he needs to take a step forward this season.

Oh for sure! Get the reigns off the pass game and the run will take care of itself.