JPP Talks About the Accident that Damaged His Hand

should anyone really care about a guy who is so dumb as to lose part of his hand being an idiot.\

This is not an interesting article, only Mark Twain could write such a stupid story and make it interesting.

It was an ACCIDENT. Mistakes happen.

Why are you bashing the guy like you know him? Have a little compassion.

I take it you haven't read any recent mark twain books. Pretty dry, like dead dry.

Imo

It was an ACCIDENT. Mistakes happen.

Why are you bashing the guy like you know him? Have a little compassion.

I take it you haven't read any recent mark twain books. Pretty dry, like dead dry.

Imo

One of the greatest humoristic and witty fellows of his period.

Methinks you only skimmed Huck Finn in high school? or just read the cliff notes.

: )

Edited by 3rdand12

should anyone really care about a guy who is so dumb as to lose part of his hand being an idiot.\

This is not an interesting article, only Mark Twain could write such a stupid story and make it interesting.

Because none of us have ever done something dumb in our teens or twenties? No car surfing, no standing up in pickup trucks, no drinking and driving, no fireworks, we're all 100% sane and sensible?

Listen up. I know someone, midwest farmer. Like many farmers in his state (big tiller bendin' rocks) he holds a commercial explosive license (to blow up big tiller bendin' rocks). He and a bunch of buds had the bright notion to form a fireworks display company. Did everything right, got all the safety training, licenses, went from small town to small town setting off fireworks and making kids happy. Did it for years.

One year he lit a dud. Said he knew right away it was a dud, and part of his mind was telling him to do the right stuff, (turn away duck and cover), even as he turned his head and looked right at it. Blew half his face off, lost an eye, spent 6 months in hospital getting plastic surgeries. He still doesn't know why he did the wrong thing. This is a smart, college-educated, mechanically adept, fireworks-trained man, also one of the toughest SOBs you'd ever meet which saved his life and his brothers a few years later but that's another story.

Point is until we're tested, none of us really knows how we'll react when something goes wrong. Maybe don't be too quick to label "idiots", there might be one lurking inside when you check your mirror.

One of the greatest humoristic and witty fellows of his period.

Methinks you only skimmed Huck Finn in high school? or just read the cliff notes.

: )

Leroi often posts with an excess of brevity. In this case, I think he may mean Mark Twain's later books, such as "Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc". Twain was very proud of it and yeah, it's pretty dry.

@SI_PeterKing

Good story by Jason Buckland @SInow on Jason Pierre-Paul and the accident.

Agreed, good story and thanks for the link! Hope JPP is able to return to form - in retrospect he might have been better served with a year on NFI.

JPP did something stupid. He's paying an enormous price for it - both financially and physically - but not as big a price as it could have been. And now he might even be a bit of an inspiration for some people. Great. Neither piling on nor praise for getting back on the field is in order. He paid his price, but he's also incented with millions of dollars to get back to work. It is what it is.

Also, Mark Twain was a freaking genius.

Because none of us have ever done something dumb in our teens or twenties? No car surfing, no standing up in pickup trucks, no drinking and driving, no fireworks, we're all 100% sane and sensible?

Listen up. I know someone, midwest farmer. Like many farmers in his state (big tiller bendin' rocks) he holds a commercial explosive license (to blow up big tiller bendin' rocks). He and a bunch of buds had the bright notion to form a fireworks display company. Did everything right, got all the safety training, licenses, went from small town to small town setting off fireworks and making kids happy. Did it for years.

One year he lit a dud. Said he knew right away it was a dud, and part of his mind was telling him to do the right stuff, (turn away duck and cover), even as he turned his head and looked right at it. Blew half his face off, lost an eye, spent 6 months in hospital getting plastic surgeries. He still doesn't know why he did the wrong thing. This is a smart, college-educated, mechanically adept, fireworks-trained man, also one of the toughest SOBs you'd ever meet which saved his life and his brothers a few years later but that's another story.

Point is until we're tested, none of us really knows how we'll react when something goes wrong. Maybe don't be too quick to label "idiots", there might be one lurking inside when you check your mirror.

Truth.

Holy crap.

Listen up...really , very Pius of you.

This guy is not your trained expert, he is an accident waiting to happen. No sane person would endanger himself or others playing with fireworks. What a lesson to the kids, blow your hand off. See the blood kiddies.

If your friend decided to play football at 165 lbs and never played before and was paralyzed on the first play I suppose you would defend him as well.

Whether he was college educated or not JPP was stupid to put himself and others in that position.

Take a look in your mirror, maybe someone is lurking.

ps Manziel is collage educated.....so is Josh Gordon, etc etc

Truth right here. I will also say, dumb stuff isn't just for teens/twenties. The amount of dumb stuff should lessen as we get older and hopefully wiser, but it never goes away totally. Comes down to being human.

Listen up...really , very Pius of you.

This guy is not your trained expert, he is an accident waiting to happen. No sane person would endanger himself or others playing with fireworks. What a lesson to the kids, blow your hand off. See the blood kiddies.

If your friend decided to play football at 165 lbs and never played before and was paralyzed on the first play I suppose you would defend him as well.

Whether he was college educated or not JPP was stupid to put himself and others in that position.

Take a look in your mirror, maybe someone is lurking.

ps Manziel is collage educated.....so is Josh Gordon, etc etc

I'm sure there was a day in your life you needed compassion/understanding. And you will need it again one day. It has nothing to do with whether what he did was stupid or not. Mistakes happen. Mistakes cost. Doesn't mean you can't empathize.

So, you DO Not like Mark Twain?

People take chances all the time believing the activity for them is safe. Look at driving a car. Really it is a dangerous activity that the human body is not designed for, especially at high speeds. We do it because the risk is relatively understood.

People take chances all the time believing the activity for them is safe. Look at driving a car. Really it is a dangerous activity that the human body is not designed for, especially at high speeds. We do it because the risk is relatively understood.

My car isn't intended to explode

It was embedded in the link in the OP: http://bcove.me/1u1s0p7w

Thanks. On the radio, the way they were talking, I thought the video was of the incident. They said that he didn't know about his hand until his girlfriend screamed "Your hand!".............I had my thumb amputated in an industrial accident and the same thing happened - didn't know it until the guy next to me, said Holy ****!............I was hoping to see how that played out.

It was a good video, anyway!

My car isn't intended to explode

And that is exactly right we shouldn't equate it with driving a car. Stupid unnecessary risk on JPP's part and a steep price to pay for it. But it's just Damn awful all the way around. Any of us at one time could have taken that one step to far, and it's on us at that point. I feel bad for the guy nonetheless.

Edited by Green Lightning