Former Saints DE Will Smith Shot and Killed in New Orleans

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is up with the video where the hummer stops suddenly? It looked to me that Hayes was looking for trouble that night

the mercedes was following close...i've done the brake stop before to get someone off my butt. it's been a long time since i did it but i have.

the mercedes was following close...i've done the brake stop before to get someone off my butt. it's been a long time since i did it but i have.

It's one thing to brake check someone and another to come to a complete stop

What is up with the video where the hummer stops suddenly? It looked to me that Hayes was looking for trouble that night

they were pulling up to a red light and traffic was stopped maybe a car length or so ahead

now confirmed that smith had a loaded gun in the car, but the news is slowly drawing out releasing where. gotta get those page views maximized.

Edited by NoSaint

I used to pull that crap, but i also would be the first out of the car and all that stuff back then

Once we start that nonsense nothing goes well. for anyone.

I never tailgate and i never brake check. i never get mad when someone flips me off when impatient.

You never know who is going to step out of the car.That goes both ways.

Happens all the time too. Aggressive driving lead to altercations. I have been enough times the aggressor( million years ago)

but more recently as the quiet feeble old man who was not driving fast enough or some reason or another, that has someone spewing venom for some reason i have no idea why.

Common courtesy, tolerance and empathy are lost on the highways and byways of today's society

This has much more to it seemingly then we know

they were pulling up to a red light and traffic was stopped maybe a car length or so ahead

now confirmed that smith had a loaded gun in the car, but the news is slowly drawing out releasing where. gotta get those page views maximized.

alcohol removes inhibitions and skews the filters.

No place for a guns or vehicles

Lawyer for Cardell Hayes' passenger calls killing of Will Smith "justifiable homicide"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/13/lawyer-for-cardell-hayes-passenger-calls-killing-of-will-smith-justifiable-homicide/

starkly different stories between hayes passenger and smiths father lastnight.

smith sr says hayes shot him multiple times, went to the car, shot the wife while she screamed they had kids, and then shot will again

oneal says that hayes saved his life from smith.

witnesses on scene and the ballistics will end up blowing up someones story. that he stuck around for police still gives me pause about the cold blooded version of shoot will, go to the car, shoot the wife (drew brees says he was told he also took shots at the back seat passengers there) and then shoot will again. its still very possible but seems strange. i guess what would he really do even if he wanted to take off. they have his car, hes easily ID'ed... running wasnt much of an option. even if it was in cold blood self defense was likely his only defense option and he may have known that.

Lawyer for Cardell Hayes' passenger calls killing of Will Smith "justifiable homicide"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/13/lawyer-for-cardell-hayes-passenger-calls-killing-of-will-smith-justifiable-homicide/

Yeah ok

Was shooting his wife twice considered justifiable too?

CBF

Yeah ok

Was shooting his wife twice considered justifiable too?

CBF

if he was shooting towards smith and she was behind him and happened to get hit, potentially would be legally justifiable.

IF (using that all caps IF again) this turns into a stand your ground situation, there are often provisions that you arent responsible for an accidental shooting in the process of defending yourself (i know thats a stretch, but still possible at this point)

Edited by NoSaint

if he was shooting towards smith and she was behind him and happened to get hit, potentially would be legally justifiable.

IF (using that all caps IF again) this turns into a stand your ground situation, there are often provisions that you arent responsible for an accidental shooting in the process of defending yourself (i know thats a stretch, but still possible at this point)

there is going to be next to no chance of this bring syg based on what is out already. Unless the gun was inches from Smiths hands before the guy openned fire than its going to be a charge and likely plea or conviction.

There is also a chance he could be charged for shooting the wife and not Smith if it is stand your ground. Hard to justify shooting her in any event. Hard to imagine a wife watching her husband gunned down and wanting to get the gun to shoot him without her getting to the gun first

But lawyers could get him off, of course.

there is going to be next to no chance of this bring syg based on what is out already. Unless the gun was inches from Smiths hands before the guy openned fire than its going to be a charge and likely plea or conviction.

There is also a chance he could be charged for shooting the wife and not Smith if it is stand your ground. Hard to justify shooting her in any event. Hard to imagine a wife watching her husband gunned down and wanting to get the gun to shoot him without her getting to the gun first

Well then they'll have an awful mess on their hands.

Your legal analysis is something to behold.

ive followed pretty close and theres literally nearly nothing public thats solidly reliable from the time they drive off camera after the first accident, to the time the police arrive. all we have confirmed is there was another accident but not sure if intentional, one totally unknown witness on tape saying they both said they have guns, that they were both out of their cars, that there were a total of 3 guns in close proximity with only one shot, and that he waited for police....

We really dont know much yet, but if hes arguing he shot will in self defense and his wife was hit by a bullet that missed i know some states have protections for that. here in LA im not sure, but im not a gun owner so i havent been that motivated to know.

Edited by NoSaint

It's an interesting interview. Contradicts what wills father said and drew brees who presumably heard some info.

Also seems to contradict what we see on film though the attorney walked it back with an "if they hit it was minor" after saying they didn't. The part about standing over him yelling also doesn't make much sense because Will wasn't laying dead on the ground, but slumped over the steering wheel. we also have not currently heard any eye witness statements that Hayes stood over/near Smith's body and began yelling or screaming.

But she's the first extensive first hand account we've heard. If accurate it's not looking good for Hayes

Edited by NoSaint

Family attorney says Will Smith was protecting wife when shot

Before former Saints star Will Smith was shot and killed Saturday night, Smith's wife, Racquel, was shot once in each leg, according to the family's attorney, Peter Thomson.

Per Thomson, who addressed reporters Wednesday at University Medical Hospital in New Orleans, Racquel was trying to diffuse an altercation between Will Smith and 28-year-old Cardell Hayes, who rear-ended Smith's vehicle in New Orleans, prompting both men to exit the vehicle. Hayes was booked on second-degree murder charges Sunday.

According to Orleans Parish Coroner Jeffrey Rouse, a preliminary autopsy on Smith's body revealed eight gunshot wounds, including seven wounds penetrating in nature. Bullets perforated Smith's vital organs, including the lungs and heart. The bullet tracks entered his left lower back (3), left mid-back (2), left upper back (1) and left lateral chest wall (1), Rouse reported.

The coroner will perform a toxicological analysis on Smith's body and the results will be made available in six to eight weeks. Ballistic evidence found on Smith's body was forwarded to New Orleans police for their ongoing investigation, Rouse added.