Former Saints DE Will Smith Shot and Killed in New Orleans

ive followed pretty close and theres literally nearly nothing public thats solidly reliable from the time they drive off camera after the first accident, to the time the police arrive. all we have confirmed is there was another accident but not sure if intentional, one totally unknown witness on tape saying they both said they have guns, that they were both out of their cars, that there were a total of 3 guns in close proximity with only one shot, and that he waited for police....

We really dont know much yet, but if hes arguing he shot will in self defense and his wife was hit by a bullet that missed i know some states have protections for that. here in LA im not sure, but im not a gun owner so i havent been that motivated to know.

it is pure speculation but it is a far fetched notion to think that there was some sort of car chase where will was out of the vehicle and had his back turned that it would be self defense.

Well then they'll have an awful mess on their hands.

Your legal analysis is something to behold.

in a good or bad way?

we know that per video smith ran in to the guys vehicle. we know that smith was shot in the back. we have strong reason to believe smith did not have a gun on him at the time of the shooting.

if he was going/reaching for a gun than i believe he should have been shot dead. always shoot to kill.

but that his wife ended up being shot... i just see this is too odd of a story and a strong likelihood that the guy gets charged with something, and likely pleas or is convicted of something.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well , that has been suggested actually.

I have had many unusual incidents in my life time.

But i am real nice guy these days.

Honest :thumbsup:

Well that's cool. Watching too many Bills games will put you on edge for sure LOL

0-10 I would score my aggressive riding like a 7 in the car. Bike a 3. Two wheels always loses and you never get a second chance

Yea throw mud everywhere trying to explain why someone was shot 8 times in back; never heard if gun had that many shots or he had multiple guns.

Lawyer is also turning down a judge appointment to take on this case. Hayes also stayed on scene. These guys seem confident in the case.

He only used one gun his other was in the car. The new report that smiths gun is out is also from an independent witness.

Edited by NoSaint

• 2 weeks later...

The newest development is the officer that smith ate dinner with has hired a defense lawyer, and the RUMORS are that one of the bullets that hit smiths wife are from smiths gun, that he may have fired first, and then officers helped stash his gun back in the car that night.

thats all caps rumors but jeeeeeeez. that specific story doesnt quite add up in my head either but that something major is missing from the story i think is possible.

Edited by NoSaint

The newest development is the officer that smith ate dinner with has hired a defense lawyer, and the RUMORS are that one of the bullets that hit smiths wife are from smiths gun, that he may have fired first, and then officers helped stash his gun back in the car that night.

thats all caps rumors but jeeeeeeez. that specific story doesnt quite add up in my head either but that something major is missing from the story i think is possible.

So, maybe unsaint him?

His people's story seemed to be shot with holes immediately.

http://www.wwl.com/Source-NOPD-investigating-claims-Will-Smith-may-ha/22692546

A source close to the investigation tells WWL First News that detectives are working to determine definitively if allegations are true that Smith not only got his gun out of his car, but fired at least one shot.

The defense attorney for Cardell Hayes has suggested that his client did not shoot Smith's wife, Racquel. He indicated that ballistics testing would prove that the wounds to her legs were not from his client's bullets.

Now the source tells WWL First News that investigators are examining allegations that evidence of the gun having been fired may have been hidden.

can you imagine if this guy had his father wrongfully killed by police and then wins another lawsuit after sitting in jail due to police acting inappropriately here? Edited by NoSaint

One of the most intriguing parts of the cover-up theory is how this Ceravalo was on the scene right after the shooting. I assume he had no reason to be there.

his innocent reason would be that the two were eating dinner together and id imagine just like pierre thomas or others that showed up right after he got called.

if you parted ways with a good friend minutes earlier (this is a straight shot down the street from the restaurant and ceravalo was allegedly headed the same way), its not odd he would be there, but it could lead to things.

http://www.wwl.com/Source-NOPD-investigating-claims-Will-Smith-may-ha/22692546

can you imagine if this guy had his father wrongfully killed by police and then wins another lawsuit after sitting in jail due to police acting inappropriately here?

ya know... i can't imagine that but i also have to question what kind of life the guy leads to be put in the situation like that - yes i know it was his father but you would think after that incident you would learn a thing or two and stay clear of any type of this drama.

and thus far, it does not sound like the police have acted inappropriately. it may be a stretch as of now. what we've been hearing a lot of clearly comes from the defense team. the defense team posturing is obvious strategy. the smith group or others not involving the police could have hid the weapon. the guy did shoot and kill someone. there is enough probably cause for an arrest and he does have the right to post bail (if bail was given, which i don't remember at this point).

those are the rights of every american, at this point he shouldn't have any right to seek wrongful arrest.

ya know... i can't imagine that but i also have to question what kind of life the guy leads to be put in the situation like that - yes i know it was his father but you would think after that incident you would learn a thing or two and stay clear of any type of this drama.

and thus far, it does not sound like the police have acted inappropriately. it may be a stretch as of now. what we've been hearing a lot of clearly comes from the defense team. the defense team posturing is obvious strategy. the smith group or others not involving the police could have hid the weapon. the guy did shoot and kill someone. there is enough probably cause for an arrest and he does have the right to post bail (if bail was given, which i don't remember at this point).

those are the rights of every american, at this point he shouldn't have any right to seek wrongful arrest.

At this point obviously not- I meant if it comes out that police covered up exculpatory evidence down the line

his innocent reason would be that the two were eating dinner together and id imagine just like pierre thomas or others that showed up right after he got called.

if you parted ways with a good friend minutes earlier (this is a straight shot down the street from the restaurant and ceravalo was allegedly headed the same way), its not odd he would be there, but it could lead to things.

who called Ceravolo? to show up at the scene?

who called Ceravolo? to show up at the scene?

There were 4 people in smiths suv including smith

Pierre Thomas may or may not be one (conflicting reports), but if not smith or wife I'd guess the passengers or PT if he wasn't a passenger

I'm not sure if we know the impala passengers yet

But if you me and a high up cop friend have dinner and you see me shot about 120 seconds after splitting up with the cop - you'd likely call/text him I'd think. Though he may have simply driven by even

The details at the scene are incredibly sparse though

Edited by NoSaint

There were 4 people in smiths suv including smith

Pierre Thomas may or may not be one (conflicting reports), but if not smith or wife I'd guess the passengers or PT if he wasn't a passenger

I'm not sure if we know the impala passengers yet

But if you me and a high up cop friend have dinner and you see me shot about 120 seconds after splitting up with the cop - you'd likely call/text him I'd think. Though he may have simply driven by even

The details at the scene are incredibly sparse though

I was just wondering if they were travelling the same path or knew something was afoot before driving after the restaurant

@AP_NFL

The Latest: Judge weighs charge in fatal shooting of ex-Saints player Will Smith

http://pro32.ap.org/article/latest-judge-weighs-charge-ex-saints-player-shooting

a hearing going on right now -- DA called zero witnesses.

defense now going through the scene with the first NOPD responder who has testified that witnesses were referring to shooters (plural). hasnt clarified who number 2 is yet (live)

also the DA got chastised to start the session for conduct (trying to interview hayes without attorney i guess? only half following this at the moment)

Paul Murphy ?@PMurphyWWL 2m2 minutes ago

Officer Williams testified witnesses on the scene pointed out two individuals as the "shooters"

Donald Chick Foret ?@chickforet 2m2 minutes ago New Orleans, LA

On cross, she only saw 1 gun on the scene. She detained Cardell Hayes. She never looked inside Mercedes.

CJ Mordock ?@CJMordock 33s33 seconds ago New Orleans, LA

David Ohlasky private investigator for defense testifying. He will put Ceravolo in Will Smith's Mercedes before police arrive

Donald Chick Foret ?@chickforet 1m1 minute ago New Orleans, LA

David Olasky is a private investigator working for Cardell Hayes defense team. He said he has spoken to 6 witnesses who were on the scene.

Donald Chick Foret ?@chickforet 1m1 minute ago New Orleans, LA

She saw another man come to Mercedes and take a gun from the Mercedes. White man.

some of the high points -- im amazed no one seems to have explained who the second guy they pointed to as a shooter was.