Former Saints DE Will Smith Shot and Killed in New Orleans

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plot twist- the officer that smith was at dinner with and was allegedly in the impala is one of the named officers in the lawsuit Hayes brought against NOPD for killing his father.

I'd imagine that's grounds to explore a premeditated murder charge. That doesn't seem like a coincidence.

I don't really do US law that well so correct me if I'm wrong.

CfqVVhqUAAATAh1.jpg

Condolences to his family and friends. R. I. P.

What the hell is wrong with people! you rear end a guy and shoot him! outrageous!

Wow. Scary and sad. i cant believe what people will kill some one over. I hope someone asks this 30 year old if he is glad he had a gun with him. He takes someone's life and also throws his away in the heat of the moment . Ridiculous and pointless , tragic.

its not the gun it's lack of brains

Newest twist- Hayes was at one point security for the team.

Seeming like there's a chance of more to the story than just totally random road rage but who knows

I was out here at FQF and in the warehouse district and the rumors are flying. It sounds like this is just starting to unfold. Edited by Kirby Jackson

RIP.

Something has to be done about gun violence.

I do not believe we have to take guns away but something is wrong with society.

The usual response is that Smith should have had a gun too so that he could protect himself, old west style. And of course help make another gun sale...

I try to never comment on these things up front as we don't know what happened.

The only thing I used with my oldest son who is about 17 1/2 is why his curfue is midnight. Nothing good ever happens after midnight. I know it's a very old phrase, but it is true. The later my boy is out, the more out of control a minority of people act on the road and so on. I just reminded him you can't control other people. Best not to be in compromising situations.

Not speaking to this event. I'm sorry as I heard nothing but very nice stories about him today, and hope his wife is ok. Sounds like a very sad course of events. I'm sure we'll here more later and find out what really occurred.

I try to never comment on these things up front as we don't know what happened.

The only thing I used with my oldest son who is about 17 1/2 is why his curfue is midnight. Nothing good ever happens after midnight. I know it's a very old phrase, but it is true. The later my boy is out, the more out of control a minority of people act on the road and so on. I just reminded him you can't control other people. Best not to be in compromising situations.

Not speaking to this event. I'm sorry as I heard nothing but very nice stories about him today, and hope his wife is ok. Sounds like a very sad course of events. I'm sure we'll here more later and find out what really occurred.

sadly it did occur at 11:30 pm. I keep looking for reasons too. Hard to come by.

Sad story.

Hopefully people will remember that "exchanging words" after a traffic accident or other minor incident is a bad idea that can lead to a terrible result. You just never know what kind of nut you are dealing with.

Yeah. Stop the Bull****. Nothing to see here.

this is not the time nor place to make statements on gun control. we do not know what happened yet, but we do know a dude died. the world lost someone who many respected and appreciated.

people thinking this is gun control... sure, it may be an issue of it but like most situations wait for the facts to come out and go from there. because everyone knows knee jerk reactions usually are flawed and are compromised by the end.

The more the story unfolds, the less it looks like a random act of violence. There are many links between the killer and the dinner party. Senseless for sure but it doesn't appear to be a random road rage incident as initially thought.

But contrary is the last times picayune pieces which says smith never met Hayes. That the officer is claiming he never even knew he was named in the lawsuit... Essentially portraying zero connection.

Such an odd day of info trickling out.

Edited by NoSaint