Bills enamored with Cardale Jones?

@ChrisBrownBills

Kiper: Cardale Jones needs a lot of time http://wp.me/plmrg-cbD

I think the NFL will have no choice but to revert to letting QBs sit and learn,

So many players who were force fed an NFL defense just got destroyed before they even got into a routine.

Coaching changes and fans demands have just been brutal to QBs.

shame really

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The talent is so tempting, I really think some team will take him sooner than he is currently pegged to go. In the right situation, where he is given time to develop, I think Jones could eventually thrive. I will say that with Roman, Palmer, etc. on hand and Tyrod the starter for a year or longer, this may not be a bad situation for him as long as the Bills are patient. Team patience will be key. I would be fine with the Bills reaching for him a bit in the 3rd -- but do not want them taking him in the 2nd (as some draftniks believe he may go now).

So you are parroting some unknown scout's lazy comparison instead of offering some of your own thoughts to justify the comment? Weak!

Scouts that actually get paid for their opinion have more validity than you or I. My thoughts are that the teams that like him like his size which is one of the dumbest ways to predict future success but it's used time and time again. Hes also as dumb as a rock, lost his starting job, and has no touch on his throws. He just launches the ball deep and doesn't see the middle of the field (sound familiar?). Even Whaley said he has much farther to go than most to be an NFL level QB. I'm not a fan of Ohio States backup QB

Scouts that actually get paid for their opinion have more validity than you or I. My thoughts are that the teams that like him like his size which is one of the dumbest ways to predict future success but it's used time and time again. Hes also as dumb as a rock, lost his starting job, and has no touch on his throws. He just launches the ball deep and doesn't see the middle of the field (sound familiar?). Even Whaley said he has much farther to go than most to be an NFL level QB. I'm not a fan of Ohio States backup QB

Many other scouts love his potential based on his physical attributes as well as his intelligence. Dumb as a rock? Hardly. Where are you getting that from?

Here's is just one opinion for your consideration based on his potential in an NFL styled offense:

2016 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Ohio State QB Cardale Jones

Many other scouts love his potential based on his physical attributes as well as his intelligence. Dumb as a rock? Hardly. Where are you getting that from?Here's is just one opinion for your consideration based on his potential in an NFL styled offense:

2016 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Ohio State QB Cardale Jones

I retract that he's as dumb as a rock. I had heard he had trouble in school and that hurt his development on the field as per Urban Meyer. I also remember him tweeting about how he was in college to play football not play school. I thought I heard he had scored poorly on the wonderlic but I must have been thinking of someone else.

I retract that he's as dumb as a rock. I had heard he had trouble in school and that hurt his development on the field as per Urban Meyer. I also remember him tweeting about how he was in college to play football not play school. I thought I heard he had scored poorly on the wonderlic but I must have been thinking of someone else.

Urban said he was very smart. He's said it multiple times. He didn't do great in school, he also didn't poorly. Urban's point was he is more intelligent than his grades would indicate and thinks he will benefit from 100% football Vs. juggling college courses and football. He scored a 25 on the Wonderlic.

IMO he isn't a gym rat or film junkie by nature. i think this improved greatly over time while at OSU as he became affiliated with certain coaches and teammates.

Edited by YoloinOhio

How so?

They are both big, black and play QB. That's about where the comparisons stop IMO.

Cardale is a very intriguing prospect because of his raw skills. His natural skill set is right there with just about anyone in this draft. He just doesn't have a lot of experience. He's raw.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Say what you will about Cardale Jones, anyone that can come off the bench and beat 3 of the top rated teams in college football to win the national championship is worthy of praise

and his daughter was born two weeks before he got handed the reigns. If there is anything he can handle, it is chaos and the spotlight. Edited by YoloinOhio