Bills enamored with Cardale Jones?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to hear that Pegula travelled down to speak privately to Dareus and Hughes in the offseason.

With there massive salaries , Pegula would want to find out if they will buy into Rex's system after having so much success with Schwartz.

A couple of observations:

I kind of feel bad for Cardale. He should never have let Uban Meyer talk him into staying another year. I have a feeling he would have been a first or second round choice last year.

Just my two cents.

Agreed. He probably should've pulled an Aaron Maybin.

Yes, I like this as those two guys really need to step it up this year.

Hope he is not only picking their brains but instilling some confidence in them. In regard to the direction the team is headed and why he paid them well. ; )

get those two focused and energised you are halfway home

@Rand_Getlin

And by the way, Cardale Jones got a 25 on his Wonderlic and has gotten rave reviews from NFL teams who have had him in the meeting room.

Biggest mistake people make is assuming he's an idiot. He's clearly not.

He does have some issues with mental process but that's more of an experience barrier. Taking stuff from the film room on to the field is a process that he's not been through fully yet. Same issue for Carson Wentz.

Biggest mistake people make is assuming he's an idiot. He's clearly not.

He does have some issues with mental process but that's more of an experience barrier. Taking stuff from the film room on to the field is a process that he's not been through fully yet. Same issue for Carson Wentz.

@dpbrugler

Dane Brugler Retweeted Rand Getlin

For a lot of teams, the baseline for QBs is 27 on the Wonderlic. Some care more about the test than others.

@Rand_Getlin

Rand Getlin Retweeted Dane Brugler

Wonderlic scores for a few starting QBs: Roethlisberger - 25 Cam Newton - 21 Teddy Bridgewater - 20 Derek Carr - 20

20 is considered average intelligence in the greater population, roughly. as a qb, leader, and face of the franchise, i would probably want to find the explanation for a score that isnt above average (lack of prep vs something in the way a guy processes information).

if lack of prep, its a concern.

if a guy just isnt that sharp, its a concern.

if a guy just processes a little different than the test measures - i want to know i can produce the info he needs to digest in a format he excels at. could go either way.

i would want a qb to generally excel at this test or have the right answers for why he wasnt better than average though. whether that is 25 or 27 or 30 - i wont claim to have put enough focused thought to give a firm cut. 25-ish seems "in the ballpark" though.

Edited by NoSaint

The Buckeyes coaching staff & playcalling did Cardale no favors this year.

I'm kind of curious what his status would be had he pulled the cord and gone to Carson Wentz's level of competition right off the National Title.

in hindsight, he should have gone to Houston to play for Tom Herman. But I don't think he could move/leave his daughter. Edited by YoloinOhio

in hindsight, he should have gone to Houston to play for Tom Herman. But I don't think he could move/leave his daughter.

I'm kind of surprised none of the offensive guys down the depth chart followed Herman to Houston. I know Greg Ward is no slouch at QB, but I would be surprised if they had a better RB than Dunn.