Bills enamored with Cardale Jones?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does he mean by this?

The Buffalo Bills, under general manager Doug Whaley, really cant help themselves. The allure of a boom-or-bust proposition is often too great for them to ignore, and the shiny thing in the corner, catching their eye these days, is a quarterback.

What other boom or bust players has Whaley drafted or signed? Is he referring to Incognito? He makes it sound like a trend.

And is he saying the Bills shouldn't draft a QB, because they drafted EJ and he didn't work out? So never draft one again?

Edited by YoloinOhio

What other boom or bust players has Whaley drafted or signed? Is he referring to Incognito? He makes it sound like a trend.

It means La Canfora has a stick up his ass about the Bills and that he won't shut up until the Bills win the Super Bowl....its just the way he is -- but its warranted as long as the results on the field suck.

It means La Canfora has a stick up his ass about the Bills and that he won't shut up until the Bills win the Super Bowl....its just the way he is -- but its warranted as long as the results on the field suck.

i guess so. Weird article but he does have a source somewhere at OBD. A source who likes to make the organization look bad. Lacanfora was the one who had the "St. Doug" report.

FWIW, I'm good with 12 Gauge. He's Dante Culpepper physically. I either want a high ceiling guy like him or a really safe guy that will be a long-term backup (Doughty to me has that). If they aren't sold on TT then I want the high ceiling guy. That gives you 2 chances to have the franchise guy. If they are sold on TT, I want a long-term #2 that is smart and can play a few games a year if needed (basically a 22 year-old Matt Hasselbeck).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

What does he mean by this?What other boom or bust players has Whaley drafted or signed? Is he referring to Incognito? He makes it sound like a trend.

And is he saying the Bills shouldn't draft a QB, because they drafted EJ and he didn't work out? So never draft one again?

He is probably mad we got Sammy.

Huge trade up for Sammy was risky

Percy

Clays deal was swinging for the fences

McCoy trade has boom or bust to it

he generally loves taking shots on guys that are the physical specimen that hasn't shown consistent ability (Hughes, Chris Williams)

And of course Rex.

Whaley does like taking some shots. He's not a conservative GM assembling high floor low ceiling guys at low cost if you are writing an MO.

Edited by NoSaint

A couple of observations:

What is it with La Canfora. For a while now, when I have read something he has written that relates to the Bills, it seems as though someone pissed in his daisies.

Is it me or does it seem that whenever La Canfora writes about the Bills, the article or tweet was ghost written (or at least edited) by Jerry Sullivan.

As for Cardale Jones, I have no problem with the Bills bringing him in BUT I would not spend a high pick on him. He could be great, but there is no value in spending a high pick on him.

I kind of feel bad for Cardale. He should never have let Uban Meyer talk him into staying another year. I have a feeling he would have been a first or second round choice last year.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Peter

Huge trade up for Sammy was risky

Percy

Clays deal was swinging for the fences

McCoy trade has boom or bust to it

he generally loves taking shots on guys that are the physical specimen that hasn't shown consistent ability (Hughes, Chris Williams)

And of course Rex.

Whaley does like taking some shots. He's not a conservative GM assembling high floor low ceiling guys at low cost if you are writing an MO.

Subtle yet effective

I was thinking more along the lines of his actual draft choices in the early rounds which I didn't see as boom or bust type players. I guess lacanfora is actually referring to his willingness to take a risk with personnel moves. Just don't see Cardale as boom or bust move for anyone unless he's an early rounder and starting right away. The article was weird and seemed forced, like he was trying to draw analogies and comparisons that didn't quite jibe in order to sound super knowledgeable about the team.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I was thinking more along the lines of his actual draft choices in the early rounds which I didn't see as boom or bust type players. I guess lacanfora is actually referring to his willingness to take a risk with personnel moves. Just don't see Cardale as boom or bust move for anyone unless he's an early rounder and starting right away. The article was weird and seemed forced, like he was trying to draw analogies and comparisons that didn't quite jibe in order to sound super knowledgeable about the team.

Sammy was a huge swing for the fences

Cyrus was a risky pick

Then no first and Darby who I wouldn't call particularly risky I guess

His 3rd rounders were pretty safe though