Bills Sign UFA CB Sterling Moore

http://www.bucsnation.com/2016/2/19/11063282/buccaneers-wont-re-sign-sterling-moore-henry-melton-or-tony-mcdaniel

Thought this was interesting. I don't know what the Bills are paying Moore, but it looks like he has value. The Bucs writer seemed to think it odd that he wasn't being re-signed and that he played pretty well - both outside and in the slot. That versatility is huge. A team can't have too many capable CBs.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the heck knows what the result will be but glad to see the Bills add experience to the roster. This seems like a better move than hoping some unknown late round pick or UDFA is the answer. The Bills may still go after more guys via these channels but I like that they are scouring the league to fill holes.

Who the heck knows what the result will be but glad to see the Bills add experience to the roster. This seems like a better move than hoping some unknown late round pick or UDFA is the answer. The Bills may still go after more guys via these channels but I like that they are scouring the league to fill holes.

Jim Monos is a very good pro personnel guy.

@ChrisBrownBills

CB Moore had pick 6 in 2 INT game vs. Bills http://wp.me/plmrg-c9A

@billsupdates

What to know about newest #Bills signing CB Sterling Moore http://ow.ly/10klJB

proxy.jpg?t=HBhxaHR0cDovL2ltYWdlLm5ld3lv

@PFWeekly

CB Sterling Moore is back in the AFC East, signs with the Bills: http://shawurl.com/2iea

CfTanOpXIAI6uIs.jpg

The way we see it

The Bills get depth at corner, as they are thin behind starters Stephon Gilmore and Ronald Darby. Moore can cover inside or outside and has had success making plays on the ball.

To beat the proverbial dead horse, what do people expect? There's virtually no cap space when you consider what they'll need to sign draft picks. Minimal to no draft space means looking for guys that could be potential gems in the rough. Whether that's a Hankerson that's played #2 fiddle to Pierre Garcon or a Greg Little that has played with virtually talentless QB's in Cleveland. This guy could be nice depth, which is all that he should be. My expectation is that Gilmore and Darby will be the starters for most, if not all of the season to come.

Its another of those no names that keep having career games against the Bills! Bills are the laughing stock of the NFL for decades.

He's also the guy that made the defining play in the AFC Championship game a few years back--stripping then-Raven Lee Evans of the game-winning TD catch in the final minute.

I have discovered over the last few days that many fans on this board don't really watch much football, as I see the "who?" posts when the team signs a guy like Moore, Brown, or Blanton.

Free agency 2016 is shaping up to be what 2006 was...quantity over quality. Of course, back then the Bills didn't spend a lot. Now they do, but went for broke in a desperate shot to make the playoffs.

Blanton, Brown, Moore, and White. Talk about underwhelming additions for the 19th ranked defense in the NFL. I guess Rex's scheme is going to save the day.

Jim Monos is a very good pro personnel guy.

@ChrisBrownBills

CB Moore had pick 6 in 2 INT game vs. Bills http://wp.me/plmrg-c9A

Whaley has built a very decent staff. He truly did rearrange much of the scouting staff. Seems he knows enough to get guys in place he can trust.

He's also the guy that made the defining play in the AFC Championship game a few years back--stripping then-Raven Lee Evans of the game-winning TD catch in the final minute.

I have discovered over the last few days that many fans on this board don't really watch much football, as I see the "who?" posts when the team signs a guy like Moore, Brown, or Blanton.

What ?

Free agency 2016 is shaping up to be what 2006 was...quantity over quality. Of course, back then the Bills didn't spend a lot. Now they do, but went for broke in a desperate shot to make the playoffs.

Blanton, Brown, Moore, and White. Talk about underwhelming additions for the 19th ranked defense in the NFL. I guess Rex's scheme is going to save the day.

Thing is you need depth as much as you need starters. and Justin Rodgers was not depth. there is a difference between depth and just bodies

Do you not think it's possible to have watched that game and come away from it not knowing who stripped Lee Evans? There's no test afterward.

I watch all the primetime games and all day every Sunday and had only heard of Brown. It's not like I'm trying to remember the name of every player who makes a tackle.

Still the who posts are inane I think we agree there. I'm glad you're as learned as you are and thanks for the info.

You guys are aware teams bring 90 players to camp......not all will be former All-Pros you have read about

Thank you. After googling him and reading up on the guy myself, I literally opened this thread for the sole purpose of seeing people mock the relative anonymity of the player by sarcastically proclaiming that this signing would translate to a championship. Again, for the sole purpose of annoying myself. And then I wrote about it.

Extremely pleased at the under the radar acquisitions the Bills have made. Doug W and staff have attacked with creativity to bring in at least quality depth. When I say quality depth, I mean guys good enough to play regularly for a few weeks and not kill you. And, perhaps more if they develop-all are still young. Zac Brown and Moore are both pretty decent players.

Edited by The Thurmanator

Outside of the Bills I rarely watch football.

I watch the Jets occasionally because I live in the City and my family are Jets fans.

Once December comes around I usually hate football and don't watch any games because my teams sucks and I get envious of the playoff teams.

There's nothing wrong with that. :thumbsup: