Standing or Charging: Which Bills' Logo is Better?

Bills Logo: Standing Buffalo or Charging  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Which Bills Logo is Best?

• Standing Buffalo
    • Charging Buffalo

The standing logo looks threatless, the charging logo looks like it is stampeding. JMHO

Agree with the "threatless" viewpoint. Just like that original logo for Tampa Bay. That "buccaneer" looked more like more like a gay actor than a fearsome pirate.

Football by nature is an aggressive sport. Having a passive logo makes the team appear laughable.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with the "threatless" viewpoint. Just like that original logo for Tampa Bay. That "buccaneer" looked more like more like a gay actor than a fearsome pirate.

Football by nature is an aggressive sport. Having a passive logo makes the team appear laughable.

To my eye the standing logo indicates strength and force that you should think twice about before presenting a challenge.

To my eye the standing logo indicates strength and force that you should think twice about before presenting a challenge.

I propose that the Bills wear the charging logo while on offense, and the standing logo while on defense.

Special teams can do whatever they want.

+1 It always makes me think of some brutal linemen poised and ready to explode. Also, it evokes images of stolid buffalo during severe snowstorms out west which has a certain relevance to December games in b'lo.

In today's market teams are making money by selling the team logo on different color shirts, hats, items, etc. Back in 74 changing logo was way to make the money by creating new merchandise. RW rode that charging buffalo right to the bank.

I propose that the Bills wear the charging logo while on offense, and the standing logo while on defense.

Special teams can do whatever they want.

That is the kind of out of the box thinking that makes you management material sir! :thumbsup:

Option 3 - neither

Dumbest logo in all of sports. The team's namesake (Buffalo Bill) hunted and killed the team's logo (the bison) for sport and we wonder why the team defeats itself on Sundays.

which child is more attractive......

for me...the charging one....but I love them both.

The animal that most Americans call a buffalo is actually a bison. Buffaloes are found in Africa and South Asia, while bison roam in North and South America.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Bison_vs_Buffalo

So these logos make absolutely no sense whatsoever....

Well, what's Buffalo famous for...

Can we make a logo from this:

buffalo-wings.jpg

Yep. Big Business was still the same in 74. Lets see they just decided that they didn't like logo. Suit in front office said hey I got an idea. . . .

Then I guess the standing Bison was nothing more than a money grab since it was not the original Bills logo.

Suit in front office in 1961: Hey, I got an idea ...

Then I guess the standing Bison was nothing more than a money grab since it was not the original Bills logo.

Suit in front office in 1961: Hey, I got an idea ...

Of course. The whole league started doing logos. It's something that promotes fanatical unity and profit in all sports around the world.

buffalo-wings.jpg

Just change the colors:

Buffalo-Wild-Wings1.jpg

Bonus! The fans who want a standing Buffalo get their wish.

same concept behind country flags.

You can't not have a logo. Even Buddhist monks have a logo.

Just change the colors:

Buffalo-Wild-Wings1.jpg

The eyes need to be more angry...and there needs to be a bump underneath...for the wiener.

This is more my thinking.

recall the story, of the young Bison with the older Bison looking down over a group of dainty female Bison ?

Hey lets run down there and rut the heck out of one of them!!!!!

The standing Bison is the Old and wise one to me. I identify with that. 0:)

buffalo-wings.jpg

is that ranch dip?

buffalo-wings.jpg

I am like pavlov's dogs. My mouth starting watering immediately. seriously

Just change the colors:

Buffalo-Wild-Wings1.jpg

well done!