Please draft Reggie Ragland…

…because not only do the Bills need to hit on very good LBs with their new 3-4 scheme, they desperately need leadership on the field. Their star players are all the “quiet type” guys like Taylor, Watkins, Gilmore, Dareus. Kyle Williams of course is a leader, but he’s showing signs he’s not going to last much longer. LeSean McCoy is a flake. Sometimes the answer is just too darn obvious and teams shouldn’t let themselves get distracted by the shiny objects. Please Bills, just draft Reggie Ragland if he’s there.
Edited by 1billsfan

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drafting an ILB is like treating the symptoms of a disease. Buffalo's main problem is found elsewhere, namely QB play and stopping/preventing large passing performances. They need a pass rush before their ILB's are upgraded.

Ragland may well be a fine player, but positional value being what it is you don't draft ILB's in the first round unless they're a Kuechly who plays 3 downs, covers extremely well and is a sideline to sideline player. I'm not sure Ragland is that guy.

Drafting a ILB would be par for the course with this franchise. Using the draft to fill needs the result of major scheme changes.

Edited by BillsVet

Drafting an ILB is like treating the symptoms of a disease. Buffalo's main problem is found elsewhere, namely QB play and stopping/preventing large passing performances. They need a pass rush before their ILB's are upgraded.

Ragland may well be a fine player, but positional value being what it is you don't draft ILB's in the first round unless they're a Kuechly who plays 3 downs, covers extremely well and is a sideline to sideline player. I'm not sure Ragland is that guy.

Drafting a ILB would be par for the course with this franchise. Using the draft to fill needs the result of major scheme changes.

Good post.

I agree that pass rush needs to be the Bills #1 priority

CBF

So drafting of Watkins and Darby we need fills based on scheme changes? C'mon give Whaley more credit than that.

I don't understand how anyone can look at our team and not see LB as the most glaring area of need for this team. Whether it's ILB or a pass rushing OLB, we need big time help at both. LBs are the heart and soul of any defense and historically all great defenses had at least 1 tremendous LB leading that D. We don't have any who are even close. We need to find that leader on D, Brown doesn't seem to be the answer. We already have 2 great pass rushers if utilized properly in Dareus and Hughes.

When watching Bama games this year I was always noticing Ragland making plays sideline to sideline and being that on-field leader. With all the talent on that defense and still being able to easily notice Ragland as sticking out as a great player, I have confidence that he can become a very effective player and leader for any defense.

Edited by Mark80

It's LB all the way Mark ! Whaley knows it , trust me ! Whaley is underrated from a fan and league standpoint ! I think the Bills are moving up in draft to get a certain player that Whaley and Ryan have both agreed on but are afraid that someone else has their mind set on this same player . We'll soon see !

I don't understand how anyone can look at our team and not see LB as the most glaring area of need for this team. Whether it's ILB or a pass rushing OLB, we need big time help at both. LBs are the heart and sole of any defense and historically all great defenses had at least 1 tremendous LB leading that D. We don't have any who are even close. We need to find that leader on D, Brown doesn't seem to be the answer. We already have 2 great pass rushers if utilized properly in Dareus and Hughes.

When watching Bama games this year I was always noticing Ragland making plays sideline to sideline and being that on-field leader. With all the talent on that defense and still being able to easily notice Ragland as sticking out as a great player, I have confidence that he can become a very effective player and leader for any defense.

Easy to make plays behind that D line...

Drafting linebackers would not be par for the course for this

Drafting linebackers would NOT be par for the course for this team because frankly we dont do it a lot......
and linebackers ARE needed

still....its not the way I would go in the 1st round unless it was a pass rusher.......we need pass rushers

How many defensive rookies have come out and truly been "leaders?"

It's pretty much how long it took for Von Miller, Luke Kuechly, Bobby Wagner and Patrick Willis. BTW, notice how all those teams either went to a Superbowl in recent history?

I'd prefer that. Jarran Reed would be nice...

Ragland is a man and Reed is a boy. This team has enough followers on it, they need a leader. Also, Ragland will be a better NFL player than Reed. I don't know how anyone could draft Reed over Ragland.

Ragland is a man and Reed is a boy. This team has enough followers on it, they need a leader. Also, Ragland will be a better NFL player than Reed. I don't know how anyone could draft Reed over Ragland.

Don't agree. I fear Ragland is a throw back LB with limited athleticism. Not ideal for today's game. If we go LB I'd prefer Lee.