CTE and Current Bills Players

Jauronimo has had a lobotomy so his statement about being tested is very valid. When having this procedure the friendly doctors also made sure he had full control of other bodily functions. While the results were mixed, we are happy to see that he is able to post here regularly.

Is it true Times New Roman is now considered an old fogey font? I read somewhere you shouldn't use that one anymore.

You're too old to understand... Let it go...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CTE is the greatest threat to the future of the game. I think incentives and hazard clauses for contracts are another tool in the battle to eradicate CTE.

well, if CTE is partly-genetic based then you would have a claim against the team for genetic-bias. On the other hand, it would be good to see bonuses for proper tackling technique, lack of avoidable helmet-to helmet hits, etc.

100% of autopsies are performed on the deceased, but that still doesn't mean they cannot be performed on live patients.

I think Beerboy is looking into having an autopsy done. Do you have any good doctors you know that perform these? I know they tell you how you died or how you are going to die based your life status when performed, but if you are alive do they tell you when you're going to die?

I think Beerboy is looking into having an autopsy done. Do you have any good doctors you know that perform these? I know they tell you how you died or how you are going to die based your life status when performed, but if you are alive do they tell you when you're going to die?

I'm not going to dignify your bafunery with a response.

Yes, I've been tested for CTEs. I'm pretty shocked that most of you apparently have not. Its responsible to get yourself tested before accepting a new partner. Why shouldn't it be the same for football players and new teams? I have yet to hear one valid reason why testing for CTEs shouldn't be standard procedure in the NFL.

I'm not going to dignify your bafunery with a response.

Yes, I've been tested for CTEs. I'm pretty shocked that most of you apparently have not. Its responsible to get yourself tested before accepting a new partner. Why shouldn't it be the same for football players and new teams? I have yet to hear one valid reason why testing for CTEs shouldn't be standard procedure in the NFL.

Citing Terrible Examples? Were the results positive? Based on what posts I've seen here, I'll conclude yes. B-)

Citing Terrible Examples? Were the results positive? Based on what posts I've seen here, I'll conclude yes. B-)

For those of you who have been too busy Tweetering to ever pick up a science book, CTE stands for Cephually Transmitted Encephelopathies which covers a host communicable disorders. Due to the lifestyle that comes with the profession, financial analysts, like football players, are at higher risk for CTEs and should get tested regularly.

You probably don't have much to worry about with CTEs seeing as Philadehlia has you clearly in the friendzone. #NiceGuysFinishInTheirHand

I guess you geniuses should tell recently diagnosed DeAndre Levy that there are no current tests for CTE lol!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/30/deandre-levy-i-may-already-have-cte-but-i-still-love-football/

http://www.theonion.com/article/nfl-releases-new-study-on-long-term-damage-of-conc-37365

I'm gonna leave this right here and let all the naysayers explain why we shouldn't be screening and profiling players with head damage. Right here in black and white.

Your fact finding skills and ability to make a point are most impressive. Have you thought about going into law?

For those of you who have been too busy Tweetering to ever pick up a science book, CTE stands for Cephually Transmitted Encephelopathies which covers a host communicable disorders. Due to the lifestyle that comes with the profession, financial analysts, like football players, are at higher risk for CTEs and should get tested regularly.

You probably don't have much to worry about with CTEs seeing as Philadehlia has you clearly in the friendzone. #NiceGuysFinishInTheirHand

I guess you geniuses should tell recently diagnosed DeAndre Levy that there are no current tests for CTE lol!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/30/deandre-levy-i-may-already-have-cte-but-i-still-love-football/

I can't figure out what you're saying. You want teams to test players before signing them to long term contracts because if they have CTE it will effect their play. Then say your angle is to protect players.

Your fact finding skills and ability to make a point are most impressive. Have you thought about going into law?

I think the article speaks not only to the significant disability facing those players who are still in the game with CTE but also why certain journalists like the one I cited should be given more creedence than some of the other garbage I've read on this subject.

I can't figure out what you're saying. You want teams to test players before signing them to long term contracts because if they have CTE it will effect their play. Then say your angle is to protect players.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Protect the team, protect the league, protect the players. Regular testing is a much better way to accomplish that than the leagues new Geppetto tactics involving mandatory ejections for dangerous hits. What I'm describing isn't brain surgery. Its the alternative to it, if you catch my drift.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Protect the team, protect the league, protect the players. Regular testing is a much better way to accomplish that than the leagues new Geppetto tactics involving mandatory ejections for dangerous hits. What I'm describing isn't brain surgery. Its the alternative to it, if you catch my drift.

Then why does it have to be before signing a player to a long term contract? If regular testing was done then testing prior to a long term contract would or could be exclusive.

Regular testing might be better but ejections for dangerous hits is also something positive. Why are you trying to mutually exclude them?

Then why does it have to be before signing a player to a long term contract? If regular testing was done then testing prior to a long term contract would or could be exclusive.

Regular testing might be better but ejections for dangerous hits is also something positive. Why are you trying to mutually exclude them?

You are highly confused. Probably because you have a tendonous grasp on the English language. The term "mutually exclusive" exudes you.

Testing players after you've signed them does nothing to mitigate the franchise's risk. No one is arguing that testing players before signing them is an alternative to regular testing. At current, there is no testing. So any testing is an improvement.

Ejections are reactionary (i.e., after the damage has been done). There is no reason to believe that ejecting players and taking food out of their mouths will curb the spread of CTE.

Try harder.

You are highly confused. Probably because you have a tendonous grasp on the English language. The term "mutually exclusive" exudes you.

Testing players after you've signed them does nothing to mitigate the franchise's risk. No one is arguing that testing players before signing them is an alternative to regular testing. At current, there is no testing. So any testing is an improvement.

Ejections are reactionary (i.e., after the damage has been done). There is no reason to believe that ejecting players and taking food out of their mouths will curb the spread of CTE.

Try harder.

Why do you have to insult? I just think your contradicting yourself. You want the team and the player to be protected against CTE. You don't see the weakness in that?

Why do you have to insult? I just think your contradicting yourself. You want the team and the player to be protected against CTE. You don't see the weakness in that?

No, I do not see any inherent contradiction or weakness in both parties looking out for themselves. Teams are wary of chronic knee injuries and perform physicals. Players are wary of injury and train, seek physical therapy. Whats the difference?

No, I do not see any inherent contradiction or weakness in both parties looking out for themselves. Teams are wary of chronic knee injuries and perform physicals. Players are wary of injury and train, seek physical therapy. Whats the difference?

I guess not in that regard. But knees aren't looked at as a mandate by the league for player protection. To me you're mixing player and team protection and it just seems like they don't go together to me. This CTE thing should be about players only - period. I could give a rats a$$ about a team losing out on performance/money paid out because the player has it.

I guess not in that regard. But knees aren't looked at as a mandate by the league for player protection. To me you're mixing player and team protection and it just seems like they don't go together to me. This CTE thing should be about players only - period. I could give a rats a$$ about a team losing out on performance/money paid out because the player has it.

So you're in favor of Buffalo issuing bad contracts?

I guess I'm just crazy for wanting to see a winning team and professional franchise.

Well this article written last month says a test for the living to detect CTE is still 5-10 years away.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/04/nfl-challenged-over-failure-to-fund-study-for-cte-test-in-live-patients/

Currently, researchers can detect Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy in the brains of deceased patients only. Dr. Robert Stern of Boston University believes that a test that would detect the football-related brain disease in the living is only 5-10 years away.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS