3-29: Rex on NFL Network - "WE HAVE TO FINISH BETTER"

Everyone is mad at Rex and his 8-8 team. People forget things weren't supposed to go this way. Who knew our scumbag coach would opt out and essentially put us back into a somewhat rebuilding mode. We were a whole game better under Marrone with a bull **** win in NE to finish the season. Figure we would have won against jax this year if we had Tyrod under center, and the win/loss record is identical. Yet we cry as if we should be in the playoffs, something we haven't done in almost 2 decades. Which brings me to another point. Kyle orton retired...how many games did ppl think we were gonna win with EJ, or whichever bum they brought in to "compete." At least w Rex we might actually have a franchise qb. W rex we have some real coaches who want to be here, not giddy college coaches who are playing catch with Blake Bortles now. The O-line is shored up and we have an identity on offense. The defense wasn't the same, communication lacked, and players didn't seem to understand the scheme. Remove team leaders in Kyle Williams, and Aaron Williams, plus a cancerous bitchy winer crying "but our last scheme worked" in Mario Williams, and you have guys not buying in. Add a year of familiarality, the return of injured leaders (also good players), addition by subtraction with the departure of Mario, additional coaches who know the scheme inside and out. I love the Ed Reed signing, and hopefully a couple of key draft picks and I totally expect this defense to get better. If it doesn't...then we'll idk.

Nice post, but even if they win this year there are many here who feel it will be in spite of the coaching. Some folks just don't like Rex as a coach, and they are about as vocal about it as you can be. Most of them care more about being right than the Bills winning.

Edited by Tenhigh

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about delusional.

Would you prefer a coach who actually thinks he's mediocre and says so? If you don't have confidence in this league, you're never gonna win.

I know this year was disappointing, but I'm having a hard time understanding all of the hatred towards Rex. I really don't get the "buffoon" label. I thought he composed himself quite well this year. I don't understand what people are reacting to other than he had really high expectations and didn't meet them last season. Really, when was he a "clown" or "buffoon" this past season. What are the incidents that really bothered so many of you? Honestly, tell me...cause I just don't see what was sooooo wrong other than the 8-8 season.

Ryan: Holes must be filled in draft

Buffalo lost a handful of players from their roster this offseason. Some were released by choice, while others signed elsewhere as free agents. Some of the biggest losses came on the defensive side of the ball where starters like Mario Williams and Nigel Bradham signed with other clubs. When it comes to filling some of those holes head coach Rex Ryan said it’ll have to come in the upcoming draft.

Appearing on NFL Total Access, Ryan said he’s glad the team has eight draft picks knowing they need to cash in to address their lack of depth and loss of some starters.

"I think [bills fans] realize that I'm not a mediocre coach," he said. "The record may say that, especially this year -- you mentioned we had two 8-8 [records] and a couple of losing seasons and lousy seasons and whatever -- but they understand the game a lot better than you give them credit for, apparently, because I'm not a mediocre coach and anybody that thinks so, I would challenge them with that."

Talk about delusional.

Yikes. What a guy. Rex might be a player's coach, but he certainly isn't a fan's coach.

Ryan: Holes must be filled in draft

Buffalo lost a handful of players from their roster this offseason. Some were released by choice, while others signed elsewhere as free agents. Some of the biggest losses came on the defensive side of the ball where starters like Mario Williams and Nigel Bradham signed with other clubs. When it comes to filling some of those holes head coach Rex Ryan said it’ll have to come in the upcoming draft.

Appearing on NFL Total Access, Ryan said he’s glad the team has eight draft picks knowing they need to cash in to address their lack of depth and loss of some starters.

This is what everyone knows and already sees/questions - next year might not be that much better than last year. If most think this offseason is bad and the pitch forks are out, wait till next year....

Again....WHAT DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO SAY

I don't expect the coach to literally challenge people that think that they're a mediocre coach. It's annoying. It's embarrassing when we keep losing. Just shut up.

I do think your point is almost always true. It's very easy to over-analyze coachspeak...but Rex "is this thing on" Ryan has consistently misunderstood the importance of brevity .

I don't expect the coach to literally challenge people that think that they're a mediocre coach. It's annoying. It's embarrassing when we keep losing. Just shut up.

I do think your point is almost always true. It's very easy to over-analyze coachspeak...but Rex "is this thing on" Ryan has consistently misunderstood the importance of brevity .

This is a very good post. I hate the way we analyze everything coaches say. It means little. I didn't care if Jauron was the most boring human being if we won.

But when you run your mouth constantly and don't back it up, it just looks dumb and gets tiring. Especially after last season. I want Rex to just coach and hold players accountable. He is too concerned with winning press conferences and being buddies with the players.

He is who he is and they weren't winners or losers last year at 8-8.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This is a very good post. I hate the way we analyze everything coaches say. It means little. I didn't care if Jauron was the most boring human being if we won.

But when you run your mouth constantly and don't back it up, it just looks dumb and gets tiring. Especially after last season. I want Rex to just coach and hold players accountable. He is too concerned with winning press conferences and being buddies with the players.

After the last 5 seasons, you mean. He hasn't backed **** up in a very long time.

After the last 5 seasons, you mean. He hasn't backed **** up in a very long time.

I like Rex way more than Marrone. But since those first 2 years, he has been Jauron level. In fact, Jayron did a better job with his talent than Rex did last year.

Shut up Rex and win. When you do that, you will be a God here.

Would you prefer a coach who actually thinks he's mediocre and says so? If you don't have confidence in this league, you're never gonna win.

I know this year was disappointing, but I'm having a hard time understanding all of the hatred towards Rex. I really don't get the "buffoon" label. I thought he composed himself quite well this year. I don't understand what people are reacting to other than he had really high expectations and didn't meet them last season. Really, when was he a "clown" or "buffoon" this past season. What are the incidents that really bothered so many of you? Honestly, tell me...cause I just don't see what was sooooo wrong other than the 8-8 season.

Thanks for your contribution, Rex

I like Rex way more than Marrone. But since those first 2 years, he has been Jauron level. In fact, Jayron did a better job with his talent than Rex did last year.

Shut up Rex and win. When you do that, you will be a God here.

Those Jets teams became much less talented as time moved forward.

The team improved two years ago ... then went backwards.

Did you and others really think that yet another coaching change in Buffalo was going to go without bumps and issues? Rex is to be faulted for assuming his scheme would simply work with the talent on the roster. It was his fault for mixing systems. However, he did bring in a very good OC, TT would likely not be in Buffalo if he was not and the Bills improved in the balk half of the season.

The bottom line in the NFL is that you have to have a very solid QB to win. There are sometimes exceptions, Broncos last year being one of them, but they are rare and usually short lived successes. Our division features perhaps the most cheating but also the most competitive QB to play the game. The Bills have an uphill climb.

Rex is hardly the sole reason for blame.

Did you and others really think that yet another coaching change in Buffalo was going to go without bumps and issues? Rex is to be faulted for assuming his scheme would simply work with the talent on the roster. It was his fault for mixing systems. However, he did bring in a very good OC, TT would likely not be in Buffalo if he was not and the Bills improved in the balk half of the season.

The bottom line in the NFL is that you have to have a very solid QB to win. There are sometimes exceptions, Broncos last year being one of them, but they are rare and usually short lived successes. Our division features perhaps the most cheating but also the most competitive QB to play the game. The Bills have an uphill climb.

Rex is hardly the sole reason for blame.

Voices of reason are not welcome here. Leave now!

I dont know...its just Rex Ryan....

I dont care as long as we are winning....(8-8 is not losing....its just not where we want to me)

Those Jets teams became much less talented as time moved forward.

One of the reasons I liked him was because of his 8-8 season with the Jets a couple years ago. I thought he did a great job.

But there are zero excuses for last year. It was a flat out failure. But I hope he proves to be a playoff coach this year. It's hard not to have doubts after last year though.