Bills re-sign Leonard Hankerson

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a low motor but my leadership skills are great for the locker room.

Your hired !

"really close"?? What does it take to sign a "Leonard Hankerson"?

going to have to restructure most of the contracts to fit him.

cap hell, don't ya know

Yes this has been a poor offseason, how is anyone getting excited when we lost more players then we signed off a 8-8 team. Some of these signings are of average players while teams around us are getting better with both trades & signings.

Not sure how you expect to be a better team with huge holes at DE & LB?

When have the Packers or Steelers made waves in the offseason with trades and signings? I get that they have QBs, but you don't have to make splash moves every season to be successful. We made a lot of moves last offseason and are keeping the key parts of our much improved offense in tact. We get a bigger bodies receiver out there and keep coaching the guys we have, we should be fine.

@mikerodak

Doug Whaley told the Bills official website that the team is really close to re-signing WR Leonard Hankerson.

Lol...isn't he the one married to a playboy model? At least we will have a hottie in the stands...

Every pass to Hankerson is contested.......by his hands.

When he has single coverage......the defender has help over the top......from his hands.

He is basically the Robert Royal of WR.

If Marv Levy were the Bills GM he'd be outbidding himself for Hankerson.

His talent is intriguing and when he catches the back third of the football like he did in that video the results can be exciting.

I just hope his dropsies don't become contagious.

All-22 look at what Leonard Hankerson would bring to the Bills

http://buildingtheherd.com/film-room/leonard-hankerson-bring-buffalo-bills/

I like that.

Quinn is a fan of the ideal NCAA and NFL teams to make one a very astute observer of football.

However, there is a difference between your pinball stat producing #1 receiver dropping passes on first and second down and your occasionally thrown to #3 receiver dropping passes when he's brought in to create mismatches on third down.

That's why Hank can't stick.

He hasn't been good enough to be a #1 or #2 and his hands aren't reliable enough to only play late downs.

Also, when comparing his combine #'s he points out the great players he physically compares to and neglects the not-so-goods like Riley Cooper........who is apparently also coming to OBD for a visit.

Maybe they are using a comparable to put the pressure on Hankerson to sign. :thumbsup:

Edited by #BADOL

Lol...I was going to say.

He almost dropped that perfectly thrown deep ball.

Maybe the most discouraging thing about Hankerson is that he couldn't raise his game during his UFA walk year.

If not THEN.......when?

I think his fit might actually be as an emergency #2.

If your #1 or #2 goes down he can give you more of those top receiver traits than your #3/#4 if those guys are just chain moving, possession guys, undersized or active in great part for special teams.

You mean the University of Miami right Augie, if I am not mistaken he was a real good college receiver there. I don't have a problem with all these cheap free agents that have had decent years albeit only 1-2 on other teams myself, it seems alot of people here are intolerant of such moves but they don't have **** for money. With 3-4 guys' like this one is bound to surprise and be a solid 3-4 option, anyone agree?

Agreed

When have the Packers or Steelers made waves in the offseason with trades and signings? I get that they have QBs, but you don't have to make splash moves every season to be successful. We made a lot of moves last offseason and are keeping the key parts of our much improved offense in tact. We get a bigger bodies receiver out there and keep coaching the guys we have, we should be fine.

I agree with this. Just wish we had a good coach to coach our players up or at least not teach them to be worse.

The Steelers have drafted much better than the Bills over the last several years. They have also been more successful. Successful teams probably should be expected to make fewer changes in the off-season. The Bills have franchise QB money tied up in a RB and TE. The used two first round draft picks to acquire a very good #1 receiver. Steelers drafted Antonio Brown in the 6th round. He is pretty good two. They Leveon Bell on a rookie contract (second rounder money) . The Steelers got virtually identical production out of Heath Miller for 1/3 the cap hit as Charles Clay in 2015.

The Bills' lack of "splash" is because they are/were over invested in under producing players. The Steeler's lack of "splash" is more related to a lack of needs. It is not really the same thing.

The Steelers have drafted much better than the Bills over the last several years. They have also been more successful. Successful teams probably should be expected to make fewer changes in the off-season. The Bills have franchise QB money tied up in a RB and TE. The used two first round draft picks to acquire a very good #1 receiver. Steelers drafted Antonio Brown in the 6th round. He is pretty good two. They Leveon Bell on a rookie contract (second rounder money) . The Steelers got virtually identical production out of Heath Miller for 1/3 the cap hit as Charles Clay in 2015.

The Bills' lack of "splash" is because they are/were over invested in under producing players. The Steeler's lack of "splash" is more related to a lack of needs. It is not really the same thing.

There is only one way to build and develop a NFL roster. Now kidding aside, you MUST have an average (preferably above average) Coach. We don't!

So the Steelers fell into Brown like the Patriots did Brady. The Steelers have had their Franchise QB for a decade now. It makes things alot easier dont you think?

The philosophy from Whaley is: If you dont have a QB, be run heavy. They are stacked in regards to that Philosophy.