Ongoing MMA Thread

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Conor McGregor Surrenders to Police in New York After Bus Attack
Conor McGregor just surrendered to authorities in connection with the bus attack at Barclays Center.

tmz.com
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Update-Conor-McGregor-Crashes-UFC-223-Media-Day-Three-Fights-Canned-134639

I have been a big McGregor fan but his behavior of late has been appalling, and as a Irishman I am embarrassed at how he is acting.

I come from an Irish heritage myself, and I think MacDucker is a total douchebag, as well as highly overrated as a fighter.  Certainly not representative of what my grandparents taught me what "being Irish" was about.

6 hours ago, CamboBill said:

I come from an Irish heritage myself, and I think MacDucker is a total douchebag, as well as highly overrated as a fighter.  Certainly not representative of what my grandparents taught me what "being Irish" was about.

Agreed although he is a great fighter, which is the only reason he is where he is. He was cashing welfare checks before the UFC and looks like he is acting like the welfare trash that he is.

I mean who the hell flies with a bunch of thugs all the way over from Ireland to attack Khabib because he " disrespected " Connors friend!? Get over yourself! That is just retarded , unprofessional and uncivilized.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Agreed although he is a great fighter, which is the only reason he is where he is. He was cashing welfare checks before the UFC and looks like he is acting like the welfare trash that he is.

I mean who the hell flies with a bunch of thugs all the way over from Ireland to attack Khabib because he " disrespected " Connors friend!? Get over yourself! That is just retarded , unprofessional and uncivilized.

I never even thought he was that great of a fighter.  Good Power and timing, but little else.  Knocking out Aldo was ver impressive (perhaps lucky punch but still) .... the rest of his fights have been carefully selected ... Denis Siver hyped up as contender, which we was not.  An out of shape Mendes on short notice), Nate Diaz sells sue to his personality... but is only average as a UFC  fighter.  A very overrated Eddie Alvararez .... if he ever got in the ring with Khabib, woodley,  even dos anjos he would be exposed very wuickly.

Too bad about UFC 223.... Pettis vs Khabib will be a total mismatch. Pettis cannot wrestle at all .... and as soon as he throws one of his kicks at Khabibulin,  he is getting taken down.

Edit. Apparently changed again to raging AL I a Quinta.

Edited by CamboBill

18 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I think this McGregor this is all a big publicity stunt. Someone is getting paid. WWE type stuff.

There's no way.  There are going to be numerous lawsuits over this and it wouldn't surprise me if one of them was filed by the UFC.  The new owners spent billions acquiring the company and I doubt they're very happy about the money they're going to lose on this PPV.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He's not a great fighter, which is why he avoids anyone anywhere near his size with even the remote possibility of taking him down.  He's a promotional machine who can sell his fight to a buncha mouthbreathers, which is great for the bottom line and the biggest reason the UFC keeps making the matches they're making.  If he ever had to fight anyone who is actually anyone, he'll be totally exposed.

Dana is praying to every deity in the universe that Khabib doesn't win that title because he KNOWS his cash cow will get absolutely destroyed if they ever get them in the octagon together.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, CamboBill said:

I never even thought he was that great of a fighter.  Good Power and timing, but little else.  Knocking out Aldo was ver impressive (perhaps lucky punch but still) .... the rest of his fights have been carefully selected ... Denis Siver hyped up as contender, which we was not.  An out of shape Mendes on short notice), Nate Diaz sells sue to his personality... but is only average as a UFC  fighter.  A very overrated Eddie Alvararez .... if he ever got in the ring with Khabib, woodley,  even dos anjos he would be exposed very wuickly.

Too bad about UFC 223.... Pettis vs Khabib will be a total mismatch. Pettis cannot wrestle at all .... and as soon as he throws one of his kicks at Khabibulin,  he is getting taken down.

Edit. Apparently changed again to raging AL I a Quinta.

I think Al will be better right than Pettis , so that is a plus.

7 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

There's no way.  There are going to be numerous lawsuits over this and it wouldn't surprise me if one of them was filed by the UFC.  The new owners spent billions acquiring the company and I doubt they're very happy about the money they're going to lose on this PPV.

He's not a great fighter, which is why he avoids anyone anywhere near his size with even the remote possibility of taking him down.  He's a promotional machine who can sell his fight to a buncha mouthbreathers, which is great for the bottom line and the biggest reason the UFC keeps making the matches they're making.  If he ever had to fight anyone who is actually anyone, he'll be totally exposed.

Dana is praying to every deity in the universe that Khabib doesn't win that title because he KNOWS his cash cow will get absolutely destroyed if they ever get them in the octagon together.

There is always another cash cow, Dana is not worried.

18 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

They don't want him to lose, bottom line. Aldo should have gotten a rematch. They are reluctant to do a trilogy with Diaz because they know he can beat Connor.  

10 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

There is always another cash cow, Dana is not worried.

Besides Connor the UFC has no huge draws. Which is why they are brining Brock back - they need him.

3 hours ago, FappyTheClown said:

They don't want him to lose, bottom line. Aldo should have gotten a rematch. They are reluctant to do a trilogy with Diaz because they know he can beat Connor.  

Besides Connor the UFC has no huge draws. Which is why they are brining Brock back - they need him.

Lol, they will be fine. They were fine before they will be fine after.

Besides Brock Lesnar is coming back so it's all good man.

Connor is Ok but a bit overrated... like others have said he is a promotional machine and knows which fights to take

the fact he did lose to a Diaz who is a fan favorite but not a true champion shows he is far from untouchable 

he has a **** personality too... way too much of a dbag 

When Lesnar comes back I bet he fails another drug test eventually 

On 4/6/2018 at 1:21 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I mean who the hell flies with a bunch of thugs all the way over from Ireland to attack Khabib because he " disrespected " Connors friend!?

What even happened between those two to begin with?

5 hours ago, bbb said:

What even happened between those two to begin with?

I guess there was words between connor's  friend Artem Lobov, who is from Russia, and Khabib Nurmagomedov, who is also from Russia but they are different ethnicity. Who knows what was said but it must have been big enough for Connor to throw a temper tantrum.

5 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

When you essentially make a living talking **** on other people, how can you get that offended by someone disrespecting one of your  friends?

Millenials, :D

• Like (+1) 1

Brock+Lesnar+05.jpg

"Earlier this week, Dana White confirmed that Lesnar is coming back to the Las Vegas-based promotion during an interview on UFC Tonight. The UFC president did not have a date in mind the for ex-heavyweight champion’s comeback, however. Lesnar still must serve six months for his USADA suspension stemming from failed drug tests in relation to UFC 200."

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Dana-White-Theres-Possibility-Brock-Lesnar-Fights-for-Heavyweight-Title-in-UFC-Return-134707#A21rl86RDb38fQAp.99

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Nurmagomedov put in a solid performance against one days notice Al  Iaquinta but he will get knocked out by Connor Mcgregor if he tries to strike with him as his head up position is begging to get cracked.

You mean because every fighter fights every other fighter using the same strategy?   Khabib wouldn't stand with McGregor for any length of time.   He'd start pressuring him immediately to ensure CM's minimal gas tank and pathetic take down defense and ground game would guarantee a short fight. 

11 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

You mean because every fighter fights every other fighter using the same strategy?   Khabib wouldn't stand with McGregor for any length of time.   He'd start pressuring him immediately to ensure CM's minimal gas tank and pathetic take down defense and ground game would guarantee a short fight. 

Sure keep telling yourself that as McGregor stands victorious over Khabib's prone frame.

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Sure keep telling yourself that as McGregor stands victorious over Khabib's prone frame.

I'll believe there's a chance of that when your nancy-boy actually signs a contract.  Until then, he's just the most protected circus clown in MMA history.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/8/2018 at 2:20 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Nurmagomedov put in a solid performance against one days notice Al  Iaquinta but he will get knocked out by Connor Mcgregor if he tries to strike with him as his head up position is begging to get cracked.

Khabbi could afford to play a bit against Iaquinta.  It seems he wanted to prove he could go 5 rounds and also prove he could hold his own in stand up against a qualified striker.  He did both.

Against McDucker, Khabib will drag  him down and poor old Conor will tap out within a minute. The dude has no heart as shown in the first Diaz fight where he started looking for a way out when Diaz started busting him up in stand up.

All in all, it turned out to  be a pretty good fight card ... the ladies brought it and some unknown guys like Bochniak put on good shows even in defeat.

Respect to IaQuinta for a gutsy showing .... Lauzon needs to hang them up though.

Edited by CamboBill

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'll believe there's a chance of that when your nancy-boy actually signs a contract.  Until then, he's just the most protected circus clown in MMA history.

He will sign, Dana will give him a spanking for this last incident but all will be good after that.

Connor made a to of improvements after losing to Diaz and is why he beat him the second time. Connor may be an arrogant prick but he knows what he has to do to be a better fighter.

2 hours ago, CamboBill said:

Khabbi could afford to play a bit against Iaquinta.  It seems he wanted to prove he could go 5 rounds and also prove he could hold his own in stand up against a qualified striker.  He did both.

Against McDucker, Khabib will drag  him down and poor old Conor will tap out within a minute. The dude has no heart as shown in the first Diaz fight where he started looking for a way out when Diaz started busting him up in stand up.

All in all, it turned out to  be a pretty good fight card ... the ladies brought it and some unknown guys like Bochniak put on good shows even in defeat.

Respect to IaQuinta for a gutsy showing .... Lauzon needs to hang them up though.

yes Khabob was just sandbagging  and Connor 's opponents are always given excuses by haters as to why they lost. Khaboob may win but Connor will win the rematch.

it was a solid card and Al  steeped up and did better than expected . I thought it was hilarious when Johana thought she won, Rose clearly beat her.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

yes Khabob was just sandbagging  and Connor 's opponents are always given excuses by haters as to why they lost. Khaboob may win but Connor will win the rematch.

it was a solid card and Al  steeped up and did better than expected . I thought it was hilarious when Johana thought she won, Rose clearly beat her.

I had the ladies @ 3:2 for Thug Rose but was concerned thar it might swing 2:3 as round 2 was quite close. Was surprised at the 4:1 scores ... but happy as I like rose and dislike jj.  I guess it comes down to how much the judges value leg kick (in this case apparently not too much) ... rose had the left hook working all fight.

As to MacDucker, he needs to worry about going to jail first ... then we will see if he has the cajones to fight Khabib.  most likely he will duck again and seek out a 3rd fight against nate.  not the manliest of choices, but a much easier payday and still marketable.

4 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

I had the ladies @ 3:2 for Thug Rose but was concerned thar it might swing 2:3 as round 2 was quite close. Was surprised at the 4:1 scores ... but happy as I like rose and dislike jj.  I guess it comes down to how much the judges value leg kick (in this case apparently not too much) ... rose had the left hook working all fight.

As to MacDucker, he needs to worry about going to jail first ... then we will see if he has the cajones to fight Khabib.  most likely he will duck again and seek out a 3rd fight against nate.  not the manliest of choices, but a much easier payday and still marketable.

He's not going to jail, Rich privilege,  he's not ducking  just picked the fights that would make him the most money, don't worry the Khabub fight is coming.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He will sign, Dana will give him a spanking for this last incident but all will be good after that.

Connor made a to of improvements after losing to Diaz and is why he beat him the second time. Connor may be an arrogant prick but he knows what he has to do to be a better fighter.

Does that include getting arrested and suspended?

NBK (The Natural Born Killer, Carlos Condit tries to get his career back on track.   I have always been a big fan of NBK, but he has not been the same since the Lawler fight ... where he was robbed by the judges and Lawler stole a bit of his soul in the process.  This might be Condit's last chance to right the ship. Tough opponent in cowboy olivier ... should be a brawl.

51 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

NBK (The Natural Born Killer, Carlos Condit tries to get his career back on track.   I have always been a big fan of NBK, but he has not been the same since the Lawler fight ... where he was robbed by the judges and Lawler stole a bit of his soul in the process.  This might be Condit's last chance to right the ship. Tough opponent in cowboy olivier ... should be a brawl.

Condit  is solid but he probably on the down side of his career.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Condit  is solid but he probably on the down side of his career.

Unfortunately true ... he still has the skills to be dangerous, but has absorbed too much damage over the years.   he has tried to fight defensively his last two fights,  but that just does not work for him.

• Like (+1) 1

I have never liked herb Dean because he stops fights to soon and true to form he did it again tonight, Dana needs to boot him.

Justin Gaethje is famous for overcoming knockdowns and was still grabbing Poirier s leg and retard Herb steps in to "save" the day and ruin another fight. You suck Herb, retire.

11 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I have never liked herb Dean because he stops fights to soon and true to form he did it again tonight, Dana needs to boot him.

Justin Gaethje is famous for overcoming knockdowns and was still grabbing Poirier s leg and retard Herb steps in to "save" the day and ruin another fight. You suck Herb, retire.

Referees don't work for the UFC.

On 4/15/2018 at 1:10 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

That didn't stop them from canning Big John McCarthy for awhile.

They didnt can him, he stepped away for a few years. Not sure why you’d think they’d can him when he was one of the best in the biz.

As for Herb Dean, I totally disagree with you. Sure he makes mistakes, they all do, but I’d much rather a ref error on the side of caution than let a guy take more shots than he should.

On 4/15/2018 at 1:41 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

That absolutely was not a quick stoppage.  He was out on his feet and knocked down before he reached for his leg.  Gaethje wasn't protecting himself anymore  and that leg grab wasn't a take down attempt.  He was dazed and had to be helped to sit in his stool.  Herb was correct, Gaethje was done....he couldn't even stand.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, MDH said:

They didnt can him, he stepped away for a few years. Not sure why you’d think they’d can him when he was one of the best in the biz.

As for Herb Dean, I totally disagree with you. Sure he makes mistakes, they all do, but I’d much rather a ref error on the side of caution than let a guy take more shots than he should.

Sure he stepped away :flirt:

If a guy is still fighting back then he is not out, and Gaethje was clearly still doing that and is known for coming back after being knocked down. Herb sucks and always will, if I was a fighter I would demand he never reffed my fight.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That absolutely was not a quick stoppage.  He was out on his feet and knocked down before he reached for his leg.  Gaethje wasn't protecting himself anymore  and that leg grab wasn't a take down attempt.  He was dazed and had to be helped to sit in his stool.  Herb was correct, Gaethje was done....he couldn't even stand.

worse 

Again  he is known for overcoming this and has been worse before. Being rocked is not out on one's feet, this is fighting let them fight, if they don't want CTE then do something else.