Ongoing MMA Thread

Just watched UFC FN 85;

Really disappointed in Hector Lombard. He had that fight but totally quit out there when he didn't get the KO. He has gone the distance before and don't know why he just mailed it in, a year off is no excuse to be lazy in ones cardio. His effort out there was as pathetic as Ken Shamrock still fighting.

Really impressed with Jake Mathews who was probably down on points to Johnny Case, who hadn't lost in 12 fights, and came back strong in the 3rd to dominate and get the RN choke with 15 seconds to go. Best fight of the night.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

The guy that beat Lombard is an absolute stud.

I will bet his next 5 fights. What a fight. Great comeback from early whooping.

Magny is legit. He's come a long way from the Ultimate Fighter.

The guy that beat Lombard is an absolute stud.

I will bet his next 5 fights. What a fight. Great comeback from early whooping.

great comeback, but horrible fight because Lombard punked out

Magny is legit. He's come a long way from the Ultimate Fighter.

Definitely getting better

198921.gif

so are you on top or bottom?

About friggin time!!!

"Mixed martial arts is finally legal in New York.

After making it onto the Assembly floor for the first time in seven years, a bill to legalize MMA in New York passed with 113-to-25 vote on Tuesday; the bill needed a minimum of 76 votes.

While there was opposition -- both of the outdated and outrageous variety -- over the course of a three-hour debate from some Assembly members, it wasn’t enough to prevent the bill from passing, clearing the way for the Ultimate Fighting Championship and other organizations to hold events in the Empire State.

The UFC has already reportedly reserved a date to host an event at Madison Square Garden in November. In a release, the Las Vegas-based promotion also reiterated plans to hold four events per year in New York for the first three years after the legalization of MMA."

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/New-York-Becomes-Last-State-to-Legalize-MMA-After-Bill-Passes-Through-Assembly-102285#365QPmCxxpHrEzRY.99

@BMaz1

Gov. Cuomo today on MMA: It’s violent, but football is violent. I support it bc it’s an economic generator.

Cuomo said again that UFC has committed to do shows in NY, including Buffalo.

That's ethical " hey go ahead and kill yourself as long as we make money" nice reasoning Cuoma , D-bag

Jon Jones is a moron and seems to be finding ways not to fight.

"Jon Jones was arrested for violating his probation in Albuquerque, N.M., on Tuesday.

A search of Bernalillo Country Metro Dentention Center online records confirms at Jones was taken into custody at 10 a.m. MT. TMZ first reported that a judge issued a warrant for Jones’ arrest after the UFC light heavyweight was ticketed for drag racing, having a modified exhausted, swerving between lanes, exhibitionist driving and obscuring his license plates’s registration on March 24. In body camera video of the incident, Jones disputes the police officer’s account and calls him a “f—-ing liar” and a “pig.”

Jones is scheduled to face Daniel Cormier in a light heavyweight title rematch at UFC 197 on April 23 in Las Vegas. At the moment it is unclear if Jones will have to be removed from the card."

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/ExUFC-Champ-Jon-Jones-Arrested-for-Probation-Violation-102565#G5pW2plCAZotYKWP.99

After his wrestling Career it would be awesome to see World Freestyle Champion and 2016 NCAA Champion Kyle Snyder become an MMA fighter. There is a dearth of talent in MMA heavyweights and if I'm Dana on scouting Heavyweight wrestlers and paying them to train for the UFC.

“Kyle Snyder is the best wrestler ever.” [too soon for that]

That’s what Olympic gold medalist Jordan Burroughs wrote on Twitter Saturday night in the moments following one of the great wrestling matches in NCAA championship history.

Snyder is Ohio State’s super sophomore and reigning World Champion in the 97kg class. Snyder defeated N.C. State’s Nick Gwiazdowski 7-5 in overtime to win the NCAA heavyweight wrestling title Saturday night in New York City. It was Snyder’s first NCAA title and Gwiazdowski’s first loss in 89 matches. Gwiazdowski had won the past two NCAA heavyweight titles.

Snyder, who was outweighed by 30 pounds, rallied for a takedown in the final seconds of regulation to force overtime. Snyder then scored the winning takedown just seconds into the extra session.

“When I win something big, i don’t relax. It makes me hungrier.” Snyder said following the match. “I want it again.”

http://nbc4i.com/2016/03/20/snyder-martin-win-ncaa-wrestling-titles-for-ohio-state/