Ongoing MMA Thread

georges-st-pierre-with-mma-championship-

"St-Pierre also addressed criticisms made by UFC President Dana White, who claimed St-Pierre no longer had the drive to be a champion tduring a radio show appearance.

Laughing off the comments, St-Pierre said it would take only moments for everyone to see his desire is as strong as ever.

“He doesn’t know anything about me,” St-Pierre said. “I’m a smart guy. I’m not the kind of guy who (makes angry noises). Oh, I’m going to fight for peanuts. Let me fight once and you’ll see in the first minute of the fight that he’s wrong.

“Let me fight Tyron Woodley then. We’ll see if I don’t want to be champion again.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/08/georges-st-pierre-eyeing-ufc-206-return-interested-in-bouts-with-woodley-diaz-and-maia

GSP was dominant no doubt but holy cow were his fights mind numbingly boring. He just got a guy on the ground and laid there for 5 rounds.

:lol: Ahhh, it feels nice to finally get to see this same old argument. It's like an old friend. My friends and I had it at every fight of his. I loved watching him strategically outstrike grapplers and outgrapple strikers.

Yeah, I never thought his fights were boring either. He was the most well rounded fighter in MMA history and I dont blame him for "playing it safe"'after the KO by Serra. Only a stupid fighter doesn't use everything in his toolset to his advantage.

I do not get the dislike for the ground game by many fans. If you only like striking go watch boxing or kickboxing.

Yeah, I never thought his fights were boring either. He was the most well rounded fighter in MMA history and I dont blame him for "playing it safe"'after the KO by Serra. Only a stupid fighter doesn't use everything in his toolset to his advantage.

I do not get the dislike for the ground game by many fans. If you only like striking go watch boxing or kickboxing.

What makes MMA different from other sports IS the ground game......some people just dont get it....for that matter Dana White doesnt get it....he wants to see people get knocked out

Edited by John from Hemet

What makes MMA different from other sports IS the ground game......some people just dont get it....for that matter Dana White doesnt get it....he wants to see people get knocked out

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

if I wanted to watch Kickboxing I would.

GSP was dominant no doubt but holy cow were his fights mind numbingly boring. He just got a guy on the ground and laid there for 5 rounds.

Seriously!?

George had many stand up wars, like his last fight. He did have some dull fights but that wasn't because of wrestling but because he was too cautious and wasn't putting guys away.

100% agree, I get bored when there is too much standup, I want to see all facets in a match and using striking to set up grappling and vice versa.

• 2 weeks later...

So much for the CM Punk experiment. He got mauled. Badly.

to be expected, it takes a long time to become an elite fighter. He needs to work the amateur circuit and progress his way up the ranks. The UFC probably has him contracted for a few fights but once the novelty wears off he will be cut unless he has a massive turnaround.

:censored: you, Dana! I know it's the best financial decision, but the UFC was at its best when the champ had to fight the best fighters in the division. The UFC is becoming less like a sport and more like the WWE every day. Sad.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ufc-shows-conor-mcgregor-has-all-the-power-with-decision-to-let-him-fight-for-lightweight-title-at-ufc-205-052623642.html