Liberal Protests

B-Man

what no one in this world is saying about these protesters is that it was incredibly odd that they just went down and remained motionless.

by doing so it reaffirms my belief that these are organized protesters trained in what to do.

A real problem for the Democratic party, imo, is how our voting systems are setup to favor more rural areas, while educated liberals tend to flock to city centers, minimizing their power. A vote in WY is more powerful than a vote in CA, for example, same happens within states with districts as well. The Democratic party is likely not going to have any real power until they decentralize their base, either by attracting rural voters, or by convincing their base to move out of the cities. Unfortunately white collar jobs tend to be in cities, so I doubt the latter will be happening anytime soon.

The real problem for the Democratic Party is that they have embraced an extremely leftist social justice war, anchored in a victim hierarchy; and have abandoned the working class blue collar Americans that built their party who are now being demonized and talked down to by party elites.

How do you expect the Democratic Party to attract the votes of middle Americans when the Party, in search of a new DNC chair, trots out candidates whose promises are to tell white people to shut up?

The real problem for the Democratic Party is that they have embraced an extremely leftist social justice war, anchored in a victim hierarchy; and have abandoned the working class blue collar Americans that built their party who are now being demonized and talked down to by party elites.

Not to mention, everyone knows who is responsible for blocking streets, holding up busses and ambulances, etc.

Everyone knows it's the Democrats.

So no matter how many times they discuss the need to learn how to listen to, and speak to, flyover country, the truth of the matter is, at day's end, most people just want to get home. They don't care about people wearing vaginas or people calling Trump a Nazi.

They just want to get home to their family, and when the left thinks it's a good idea to disrupt the one thing people want at the end of the day, then...well...Greater Macungie is what they're left with.

Not to mention, everyone knows who is responsible for blocking streets, holding up busses and ambulances, etc.

Everyone knows it's the Democrats.

So no matter how many times they discuss the need to learn how to listen to, and speak to, flyover country, the truth of the matter is, at day's end, most people just want to get home. They don't care about people wearing vaginas or people calling Trump a Nazi.

They just want to get home to their family, and when the left thinks it's a good idea to disrupt the one thing people want at the end of the day, then...well...Greater Macungie is what they're left with.

Yesterday, Greenpeace took over a crane in downtown DC. Tied up traffic in a ten-block circle all day (naturally, on the one day ever six months I have to go downtown).

It didn't make me think "God, Trump's a disaster. We have to get him out of office to prevent this sort of thing." It made me think "God, Greenpeace is a great big bag of !@#$s. We ought to just shoot them to prevent this sort of thing."

Yesterday, Greenpeace took over a crane in downtown DC. Tied up traffic in a ten-block circle all day (naturally, on the one day ever six months I have to go downtown).

It didn't make me think "God, Trump's a disaster. We have to get him out of office to prevent this sort of thing." It made me think "God, Greenpeace is a great big bag of !@#$s. We ought to just shoot them to prevent this sort of thing."

Oh, I see. You're saying you hate the environment. Typical right wing wacko.

Oh, I see. You're saying you hate the environment. Typical right wing wacko.

He doesn't just hate the environment.

He hates the environment AND he wants to shoot the people committed to protecting it. With a gun. And not just ANY gun, but a gun he got mail order due to a gun show loop hole that let him buy it from a vending machine for a quarter.

That's right. The ol' mail order gun show vending machine freedom act, that Trump signed his second hour in office!

When will the insanity end?

He doesn't just hate the environment.

He hates the environment AND he wants to shoot the people committed to protecting it. With a gun. And not just ANY gun, but a gun he got mail order due to a gun show loop hole that let him buy it from a vending machine for a quarter.

That's right. The ol' mail order gun show vending machine freedom act, that Trump signed his second hour in office!

When will the insanity end?

Ten blocks of idling cars in each direction, emitting CO2, CO, and NO2 while going nowhere, because a group of self-centered dipshits climbed a crane to protest the emissions they caused.

I'm pro-environment. Reduce anthropogenic CO2...shoot a Greenpeace protester.

Ten blocks of idling cars in each direction, emitting CO2, CO, and NO2 while going nowhere, because a group of self-centered dipshits climbed a crane to protest the emissions they caused.

I'm pro-environment. Reduce anthropogenic CO2...shoot a Greenpeace protester.

Be careful. That is a terroristic threat. Could get the board in trouble. Oh, wait, nevermind we are in Trump'merica. Carry on!

;-)

A real problem for the Democratic party, imo, is how our voting systems are setup to favor more rural areas, while educated liberals tend to flock to city centers, minimizing their power. A vote in WY is more powerful than a vote in CA, for example, same happens within states with districts as well. The Democratic party is likely not going to have any real power until they decentralize their base, either by attracting rural voters, or by convincing their base to move out of the cities. Unfortunately white collar jobs tend to be in cities, so I doubt the latter will be happening anytime soon.

Earth to Dork: Congressional districts are generally apportioned according to total population - not physical size. One man, one vote.

How do you expect the Democratic Party to attract the votes of middle Americans when the Party, in search of a new DNC chair, trots out candidates whose promises are to tell white people to shut up?

Please please please elect Sally Boynton Brown as the next DNC chair. She makes Ellison look like an every American's centrist.

A group of teachers in Indiana held a sit-in at the office of a senator they say should recuse himself from the vote to confirm President Trump’s pick for secretary of Education.

The teachers say Betsy DeVos gave Sen. Todd Young (R-Ind.) $48,000 in donations last year, according to a report by local WTHR, which they say make his vote a conflict of interest.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/316441-indiana-teachers-hold-sit-in-to-demand-young-recuse-himself-from

Wait. As SoS, Clinton laundered foreign funds into her 'foundation' in exchange for a uranium deal with Russia, but THIS is what got your panties twisted?

Do yourself a favor and pace yourself because you're going to be eating 8 years of hypocrisy in one day if you keep this up, and it's just not healthy.

I find all of this fascinating. I still can't believe so few have caught on to what Trump is doing, and has been doing, for 20? months now.

None of these protests are relevant. None of the media hitpieces have worked. None of the wailing social media has worked. None of the comment section stuff has worked. Yet, they still keep at it. And, what's better? They think that if only they do more of it, it will start to work. :lol: Unmitigated morons. Media Matters keeps bilking donors, and George Soros keeps spending big $$$...to get more!

"More of it" is precisely why none of it is working.

Every damn day, or close, there is a new "get Trump" story...that is supposed to be "the one that brings him down". The Watergate Killshot. But, based on their actions, it's clear none of the fools understand the history of Watergate. How the events actually transpired, and more importantly, over what time frame. What they don't understand, amazingly, is that 1) they think they are going to get Trump in one day, and, because of 1) the next day's story crowds out yesterday's, and 3) it actually took real journalism to get Watergate to happen, and 4) it took 2 years, not 2 days. :wacko:

Nobody even has a chance to actually analyze today's "get Trump" story, because another one is hot off the presses. Part of the is is the Clickbait thing. But, part of it is a serious, massive, strategic miscalculation.

Consider:

Right now: protests at the airport. Today is 29 Jan 2017. What is actual expiration date of this story? You would expect it to be a 2 week thing, right? Wrong. Why? Because: if it even looks like it will last beyond Tuesday? Trump will do/say something else [(INTENTIONALLY)] that will fire up the OUTRAGE! machine/move the protesters there. 2 weeks later, nobody will even remember today's story. How do I know? Because 2 weeks ago, the Killshot was the fake Trump Dossier, The Growing Rift Between Trump and The CIA, and Trump's "conflict of interest" problem.

Did any of you even remember these stories without me reminding you? Do you care?

Conclusion: The media/Democrat alliance is stuck in their own failing strategy. They keep thinking its about winning news cycles. They are fighting the wrong war, against the wrong enemy, in the wrong place, at the wrong time, literally. (And I love using that line on them, since they've taken it out of context for 50 years/hammered it into a cliché). But, this time? It's not a cliché. This is exactly what they are doing wrong.

It's fascinating that they are completely blind to it.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I find all of the fascinating. I still can't believe so few have caught on to what Trump is doing, and has been doing, for 20? months now.

None of these protests are relevant. None of the media hitpieces have worked. None of the wailing social media has worked. None of the comment section stuff has worked. Yet, they still keep at it. And, what's better? They think that if only they do more of it, it will start to work. :lol: Unmitigated morons. Media Matters keeps bilking donors, and George Soros keeps spending big $$$...to get more!

"More of it" is precisely why none of it is working.

Every damn day, or close, there is a new "get Trump" story...that is supposed to be "the one that brings him down". The Watergate Killshot. But, based on their actions, it's clear none of the fools understand the history of Watergate. How the events actually transpired, and more importantly, over what time frame. What they don't understand, amazingly, is that 1) they think they are going to get Trump in one day, and, because of 1) the next day's story crowds out yesterday's, and 3) it actually took real journalism to get Watergate to happen. :wacko:

Nobody even has a chance to actually analyze today's "get Trump" story, because another one is hot off the presses. Part of the is is the Clickbait thing. But, part of it is a serious, massive, strategic miscalculation.

Consider:

Right now: protests at the airport. Today is 29 Jan 2017. What is actual expiration date of this story? You would expect it to be a 2 week thing, right? Wrong. Why? Because: if it even looks like it will last beyond Tuesday? Trump will do/say something else [(INTENTIONALLY)] that will fire up the OUTRAGE! machine/move the protesters there. 2 weeks later, nobody will even remember today's story. How do I know? Because 2 weeks ago, the Killshot was the fake Trump Dossier and Trump's "conflict of interest" problem.

Did any of you even remember these stories without me reminding you? Do you care?

Boy who cried wolf, basically.

Boy who cried wolf, basically.

Hmm. More like dude who knows boy will cry wolf, incites boy to cry wolf. Meanwhile, boy has deluded himself into thinking he's the smart guy in the story, and therefore, cries more wolf.

Meanwhile, dude laughs as he makes boy dance, because while wolf is being cried over there, dude is achieving his actual objective over here.

Boy is so addicted to clicks and his self-importance, that he can't see he's being fed treats, specifically designed to get him to cry wolf where and when dude requires.

Dude finds his new pet quite amusing, but quite disgusting. So, dude tweets at 2am if for no other reason than to deprive boy of sleep, and punish him.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

In a better world, the main story today would be how the Trump Administration botched the rollout of this executive order;

but instead, liberal/media/elite reaction gives President Trump another win.

Do you want more Trump? Because explosive anger mixed with sanctimony is how you get more Trump

Edited by B-Man

In a better world, the main story today would be how the Trump Administration botched the rollout of this executive order;

but instead, liberal/media/elite reaction gives President Trump another win.

Do you want more Trump? Because explosive anger mixed with sanctimony is how you get more Trump

I spent the summer considering the possibility that "It's not that Trump is this good, it's that the media is this bad".

But, I rejected it. While it's true that this wouldn't work against smarter/less self-involved/less partisan people, it's also true that the sheer volume of gifts given to Trump by the Democrats/media would be impossible without Team Trump's constant, direct, manipulation.

There was a WSJ journal piece a few weeks ago that talked about how lucky Trump has been, given the number of media/democrat/Hillary F ups, that have turned into gifts for him. But even that guy questioned his own premise, with a reference to "The harder I work, the luckier I get" or something along those lines.