Liberal Protests

B-Man

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

My son was interested in law enforcement and had an opportunity to visit a training facility out near Utica a few years back.  They simulated a live shooter situation using a mall setting, with law enforcement officers clearing out the store.  They hit them with some curves, pregnant lady was a shooter, that sort of thing.   My son was amazed at how stressful the trainees found it just to simulate the danger, and was told how frequently the trainees make mistakes that would be life-threatening in a real life encounter.

i was never interested in that sort of profession, and cannot imagine how difficult it can be.  To see massive amounts of people turn on the hundreds of thousands of officers like this is heartbreaking.  

It’s heartbreaking, yet not surprising. I’m sure most if not all of these rioters are virtue signalers when it comes to Covid 19 mask shaming, racism , Trump etc etc. Virtue signalers tend to be the biggest liars imo. Inside, they’re hiding something. 

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

That's not necessarily true. It's not uncommon for some delay in charges when an arrest is not made on the scene, regardless if it's a cop involved, and even when it's clear an arrest is imminent. 

It makes even more sense in this situation because it happened in the course of an arrest in such a way that, while it was obvious misconduct, there were clearly some questions as to what the appropriate charges would be.

Unless there were a genuine concern of a danger to the community or risk of flight it would have been highly unusual for the officer to have been arrested right away.

I’ll agree with this. Our legal system isn’t known for being swift. 

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

My son was interested in law enforcement and had an opportunity to visit a training facility out near Utica a few years back.  They simulated a live shooter situation using a mall setting, with law enforcement officers clearing out the store.  They hit them with some curves, pregnant lady was a shooter, that sort of thing.   My son was amazed at how stressful the trainees found it just to simulate the danger, and was told how frequently the trainees make mistakes that would be life-threatening in a real life encounter.

i was never interested in that sort of profession, and cannot imagine how difficult it can be.  To see massive amounts of people turn on the hundreds of thousands of officers like this is heartbreaking.  

Actually, that would be the perfect thing to have average citizens go through just to gain some insight into what those situations are like. It can be stressful, even absent real life consequences.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

That's not necessarily true. It's not uncommon for some delay in charges when an arrest is not made on the scene, regardless if it's a cop involved, and even when it's clear an arrest is imminent. 

It makes even more sense in this situation because it happened in the course of an arrest in such a way that, while it was obvious misconduct, there were clearly some questions as to what the appropriate charges would be.

Unless there were a genuine concern of a danger to the community or risk of flight it would have been highly unusual for the officer to have been arrested right away.

Could they not take him into custody as a person of interest?

20 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You’re a bad cop.  I hope you’re made afraid to go to work.

Bull#@$&. 

I read your posts and enjoy many.  You’re direct, don’t mince words and have a strong belief system.  What does “I hope you’re made afraid to go to work” mean to you? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

He also tweeted that vaccines cause autism and he's never seen a skinny person drink diet coke.  I don't take that guy seriously.

Exactly. He’s just a troll bot. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

Could they not take him into custody as a person of interest?

No. Plus, he wasn't a person of interest. They knew who did what, they probably just wanted some time to figure out how to handle it. There was no urgency wrt the arrest.

The delay isn't really a legitimate concern. It's fairly common. It's just being proffered as an excuse to justify the outrage directed beyond the perpetrator himself.

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's easier to point the finger at one person than examine the structural problems in our society that leads to situations like this.

I don't think it's fair to say that the acts of one man are the product of structural problems in our society.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

No. Plus, he wasn't a person of interest. They knew who did what, they probably just wanted some time to figure out how to handle it. There was no urgency wrt the arrest.

The delay isn't really a legitimate concern. It's fairly common. It's just being proffered as an excuse to justify the outrage directed beyond the perpetrator himself.

I would argue that things would not have boiled over to the extent they did if it didn’t take 48 hours for something to happen. However, that doesn’t absolve the bad actors at all.

How is a person under investigation for possible charges NOT a person of interest? I honestly don’t know, I just watch Law & Order.

Edited by FireChans

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Bull#@$&. 

I read your posts and enjoy many.  You’re direct, don’t mince words and have a strong belief system.  What does “I hope you’re made afraid to go to work” mean to you? 

I think he’s just saying that he hopes I’m shamed by good cops, since he’s deemed me a bad cop. It’s all good. He doesn’t know me. He just knows that I kick his ass at fantasy football every year and he’s bitter. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I don't think it's fair to say that the acts of one man are the product of structural problems in our society.

I was alluding to the rioting and looting.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I think he’s just saying that he hopes I’m shamed by good cops, since he’s deemed me a bad cop. It’s all good. He doesn’t know me. He just knows that I kick his ass at fantasy football every year and he’s bitter. 

Ah, you have history.  I couldn’t quite square what amounts to “follow an organized process” with you being a bad cop. But if you’re constantly winning, well that could be Patriots territory and I may have to rethink everything.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, FireChans said:

I would argue that things would not have boiled over to the extent they did if it didn’t take 48 hours for something to happen. However, that doesn’t absolve the bad actors at all.

How is a person under investigation for possible charges NOT a person of interest? I honestly don’t know, I just watch Law & Order.

With the benefit of hindsight they may have charged him sooner, but mob appeasement is not usually cause for a rushed investigation. There is really no other benefit to a hurried arrest.

As far as person of interest, that typically is another way of saying suspect, as in someone you suspect of committing the act. They already knew who committed the act, the question was how to deal with it.

But regardless of that, you can't hold a person of interest, other than a brief Terry Stop, without arresting him. Prior to his arrest the suspect is free to walk away.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

With the benefit of hindsight they may have charged him sooner, but mob appeasement is not usually cause for a rushed investigation. There is really no other benefit to a hurried arrest.

As far as person of interest, that typically is another way of saying suspect, as in someone you suspect of committing the act. They already knew who committed the act, the question was how to deal with it.

But regardless of that, you can't hold a person of interest, other than a brief Terry Stop, without arresting him. Prior to his arrest the suspect is free to walk away.

Sure. But sometimes a person of interest is someone they "know" committed the act, but need to question etc. to gather enough to level charges, no?

Maybe you're right and there was no way to expedite the process. But I can't help but feeling some of this chaos was avoidable.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Sure. But sometimes a person of interest is someone they "know" committed the act, but need to question etc. to gather enough to level charges, no?

Maybe you're right and there was no way to expedite the process. But I can't help but feeling some of this chaos was avoidable.

I suppose that's true, but "person of interest" doesn't connote any legal status. If the cops want to bring him in for questioning they can ask him, but if he tells them to ***** off they can only arrest him or honor his request.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Sure it was avoidable. Let the legal system take its course. Chaos was caused by low lifes.