Liberal Protests

B-Man

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Elaborate Jim

A Confederate flag is a part of our history. People should have the freedom to display a part of our history.  

A mask on a Trump Amazon site fashioning his name into a swastika is classic defamation. 

Debate it. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

A Confederate flag is a part of our history. People should have the freedom to display a part of our history.  

A mask on a Trump Amazon site fashioning his name into a swastika is classic defamation. 

Debate it. 

They are both symbols - what’s the difference? Freedom of speech, right? 

46 minutes ago, bdutton said:

As usual... The Tuck is nailing it tonight.

Suck it you commie shitbag.

I came here to post the link. This should be shared with people who are not on the right but still retain some semblance of rationality.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nope. One is a symbol one is clearly meant to defame. 

I dunno Jim - that specific Amazon page had a number of pro Trump masks. One just happened to really stand out.

I will agree with the defamation even tho I would say some of Trumps supporters might actually embrace it.

But with that said - the confederate flag and a swastika - are symbols - signifying different things to different people. 

Clearly - just the reaction here - everyone knows the meaning behind the swastika - but no one wants acknowledge the Trump approved symbol of hate and oppression - the confederate flag.

Slippery slope.

Then again, there are good people on both sides. 

15 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I came here to post the link. This should be shared with people who are not on the right but still retain some semblance of rationality.

You don’t remember last year when Trump was questioning whether he would participate in the 2020 debates? Oh I do...

LINK

LINK

And now - Mr Flip Flop has changed his mind again:

Trump Will Debate Biden—As Long As He Gets His Way

And btw - this election is a referendum on Trump. Not Biden.

22 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I dunno Jim - that specific Amazon page had a number of pro Trump masks. One just happened to really stand out.

I will agree with the defamation even tho I would say some of Trumps supporters might actually embrace it.

One just happens to be classic defamation. Who cares about the site. It was the mask you showed. 

31 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Funny how he touched on the left’s inability to debate. Exactly what I was saying about @BillStime earlier today. 

27 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Only in your mind, ref

No seriously your argument is that the Confederate Flag and that Trump mask are no different because they are both symbols??  And that is after you conceded my defamation point?  You lost. Admit it. Be a man. There is nothing wrong with losing. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

No seriously you’re argument is that the Confederate Flag and that Trump mask are no different because they are both symbols??  And that is after you conceded my defamation point?  You lost. Admit it. Be a man. There is nothing wrong with losing. 

Billslime from a family of educators?  That's unpossible (Simpson's joke).

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No seriously your argument is that the Confederate Flag and that Trump mask are no different because they are both symbols??  And that is after you conceded my defamation point?  You lost. Admit it. Be a man. There is nothing wrong with losing. 

Classic Jim - nit pick and delete the parts of the argument you wouldn’t dare touch. Hats off to you for speaking up but your friends are COWARDS.

#WINNING

Just now, BillStime said:

Classic Jim - nit pick and delete the parts of the argument you wouldn’t dare touch. Hats off to you for speaking up but your friends are COWARDS.

#WINNING

And what part is the debate didn’t I touch? Bring it. I’ll touch it and I’ll beat you that too. 

I did and I’ve addressed it. They are two different things and you even conceded my point. 

They’re symbols of hate and oppression and death - just like your friends reminded us in Charlottesville 

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

They’re symbols of hate and oppression and death - just like your friends reminded us in Charlottesville 

And one is targeting an individual hence the defamations accusation on my part which makes them VERY different. If you can’t see that I can’t help you. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

And one is targeting an individual hence the defamations accusation on my part which makes them VERY different. If you can’t see that I can’t help you. 

Oh you’re little defamation rebuttal is cute and all and nice distraction from the white suprematists in your party.

Keep going Jim - defend Unite the Right! Keep going Jim - you can do it - who will not replace you? LOUDER Jim 

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Oh you’re little defamation rebuttal is cute and all and nice distraction from the white suprematists in your party.

Keep going Jim - defend Unite the Right! Keep going Jim - you can do it - who will not replace you? LOUDER Jim 

I’m defending no one. This debate was very simple. The difference between two things. The Confederate Flag, a symbol from our past and Part of the history of our nation vs a mask defaming a public figure.  I won that debate now you stomp your feet and accuse me of of defending “white supremacists”.   Sigh.......

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I’m defending no one. This debate was very simple. The difference between two things. The Confederate Flag, a symbol from our past and Part of the history of our nation vs a mask defaming a public figure.  I won that debate now you stomp your feet and accuse me of of defending “white supremacists”.   Sigh.......

Denial is very common for Trump supporters 

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What am I in denial of?  God you are all over the ***** place. 

Symbols. Symbols that represent your party.

As a matter of fact - your first response to my question about these horrific symbols was:

“I would assume he's ok with it.  Freedom is freedom right?”

Keep spinning Jim - do all that you can to endorse and Unite the Right. You will

not be replaced. 

11 hours ago, BillStime said:

Yeah why not both? Why is a confederate flag a sign of free speech and the swastika Trump mask is a no go?

Why are you all afraid to go THERE?

Whats the difference?

Freedom of speech - right?

The difference is I didn't report your post to the moderators. I pointed out the connotations of what you were sharing and asked you to stop. Free speech does not end at speech you disagree with. Personally, I'm all for allowing people to freely demonstrate exactly who they are. Like you and your swastika. If you weren't free to post it I wouldn't be able to explain how disgusting that symbol is and you'd never learn or grow. I noticed that I haven't seen it lately. Thank you for that.

You want people to stop flying confederate flags? Present compelling arguments to them about why it isn't cool. Who knows, you might even learn something new from their counterpoint. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The difference is I didn't report your post to the moderators. I pointed out the connotations of what you were sharing and asked you to stop. Free speech does not end at speech you disagree with. Personally, I'm all for allowing people to freely demonstrate exactly who they are. Like you and your swastika. If you weren't free to post it I wouldn't be able to explain how disgusting that symbol is and you'd never learn or grow. I noticed that I haven't seen it lately. Thank you for that.

You want people to stop flying confederate flags? Present compelling arguments to them about why it isn't cool. Who knows, you might even learn something new from their counterpoint. 

Number 1- don’t conflate the swastika example of something I support. If you read anything from last night you would see where I stand on both symbols.

Number 2 -  Where do you draw the line? The President is advocating that it’s free speech for those who want to fly the Confederate flag. I asked - what’s the difference? They’re both symbols, right? They both have several meanings, right?

Just look at your friends at the Unite the Right rally! They were proud wearing Confederate/Swastika scum - marching w torches and reminding us who would not replace us. 

Why do your friends on here refuse to acknowledge the HATE associated w BOTH of them?

Well, we now know why. The POTUS supports the Confederate flag - we all know it’s not because of the history behind the flag - but it symbolizes oppression, hate and white supremacy.

Sorry folks - you’re on the wrong side of history.

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

Symbols. Symbols that represent your party.

As a matter of fact - your first response to my question about these horrific symbols was:

“I would assume he's ok with it.  Freedom is freedom right?”

Keep spinning Jim - do all that you can to endorse and Unite the Right. You will

not be replaced. 

My party?? See there is the difference. I don’t have a party.  

Regarding my quote?  I was busting your nuts you fool. 

I’m endorsing no one. I’m debating you on your ridiculous claim those two symbols are the same and you lost. And here is the great thing. You are doing EXACTLY what Tucker said. When a liberal loses a debate they never admit it. You have completely changed the subject to accuse me of defending white supremacists and Unite the Right whoever they are.  

See? More hypocrisy... It’s just a symbol right?

My party?? See there is the difference. I don’t have a party.  

Regarding my quote?  I was busting your nuts you fool. 

I’m endorsing no one. I’m debating you on your ridiculous claim those two symbols are the same and you lost. And here is the great thing. You are doing EXACTLY what Tucker said. When a liberal loses a debate they never admit it. You have completely changed the subject to accuse me of defending white supremacists and Unite the Right whoever they are.  

LMAO - sorry Jim - stop projecting. You and your friends here never acknowledge their losses because they are COWARDS.

As far as our debate - you missed the boat on purpose cuz you’re so afraid to be accused or associated with the UGLINESS and HATE that is the Republican Party.

25 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Number 1- don’t conflate the swastika example of something I support. If you read anything from last night you would see where I stand on both symbols.

Number 2 -  Where do you draw the line? The President is advocating that it’s free speech for those who want to fly the Confederate flag. I asked - what’s the difference? They’re both symbols, right? They both have several meanings, right?

Just look at your friends at the Unite the Right rally! They were proud wearing Confederate/Swastika scum - marching w torches and reminding us who would not replace us. 

Why do your friends on here refuse to acknowledge the HATE associated w BOTH of them?

Well, we now know why. The POTUS supports the Confederate flag - we all know it’s not because of the history behind the flag - but it symbolizes oppression, hate and white supremacy.

Sorry folks - you’re on the wrong side of history.

1. Well I still don't understand why you would post something you don't support as a retort to people who have never posted in support of it. 

2. That's the whole point. The line is when you infringe on someone else's rights. If you want to display a symbol that I find disgusting, I will let you know why I find it disgusting and try to figure out why you are choosing to display it. If you want to utilize a symbol you know is disgusting to damage someone else's reputation or livelihood, that is wrong. I suppose, if I had to sum it up shortly, I'd say I'm for freedom of expression, not freedom of attribution. You want to support or express something personally, more power to you. You want to falsely label someone else, no thank you. They are free to express it on their own if they so choose.

I don't speak for the other posters, which is why I went back to where I did to respond to you. I do think that a big overarching issue with a lot of what goes on politically today is that people assume other people's intentions, and they assume poorly. I'm all for Trump saying that people should be allowed to fly whatever flag they choose. I'm all for media asking him why he would support the Confederate flag. And I'd hope his response would be that he doesn't support that flag, but he does support the American flag and the freedom of expression that comes with it.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

1. Well I still don't understand why you would post something you don't support as a retort to people who have never posted in support of it. 

2. That's the whole point. The line is when you infringe on someone else's rights. If you want to display a symbol that I find disgusting, I will let you know why I find it disgusting and try to figure out why you are choosing to display it. If you want to utilize a symbol you know is disgusting to damage someone else's reputation or livelihood, that is wrong. I suppose, if I had to sum it up shortly, I'd say I'm for freedom of expression, not freedom of attribution. You want to support or express something personally, more power to you. You want to falsely label someone else, no thank you. They are free to express it on their own if they so choose.

I don't speak for the other posters, which is why I went back to where I did to respond to you. I do think that a big overarching issue with a lot of what goes on politically today is that people assume other people's intentions, and the assume poorly. I'm all for Trump saying that people should be allowed to fly whatever flag they choose. I'm all for media asking him why he would support the Confederate flag. And I'd hope his response would be that he doesn't support that flag, but he does support the American flag and the freedom of expression that comes with it.

Thoughtful response - thank you 

• Like (+1) 1

UNEXPECTEDLY:

District attorney who filed hate crime charges for painting over Black Lives Matter mural was backed by billionaire George Soros.

Earlier: “A left-wing criminal justice advocacy group with ties to George Soros is targeting nearly 500 prosecutor and sheriff elections across America in 2019 to install leftist local officials who will be soft on crime and refuse to cooperate with U.S. immigration enforcement.”

• Like (+1) 1