Liberal Protests

B-Man

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Did you serve warrants? If so, what did you do to protect yourself from being shot when serving in dangerous situations?

Yes.  You use responsible strategy and tactical planning.  Generally you execute "raid" warrants in the middle of the night when you're trying to take down a drug den with reinforced entrances and multiple known shooters inside. 

The took an apartment door with a Chicago key, for crying out loud.  If there was a single responsible journalist in the world, they'd be asking the very simple question "Why was this course of action the BEST way to serve this warrant?" 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

Yes.  You use responsible strategy and tactical planning.  Generally you execute "raid" warrants in the middle of the night when you're trying to take down a drug den here with reinforced entrances and multiple known shooters inside. 

The took an apartment door with a Chicago key, for crying out loud.  If there was a single responsible journalist in the world, they'd be asking the very simple question "Why was this course of action the BEST way to serve this warrant?" 

So you would have gone at say... 3am versus 1am?
And what about the knocking to let them know they were there. Would you have done that?

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

So you would have gone at say... 3am versus 1am?
And what about the knocking to let them know they were there. Would you have done that?

If I was in charge I wouldn't have gone to the apartment complex at all.  Again, they had his patterns (when he resupplied for example) so why not just get him on one of those trips and then search the residence at your leisure?

They had a "No Knock" warrant.  I don't agree with "No Knock" warrants but they're legal.  I "understand" why "No Knock" warrants were put in place (again, to go into known drug dens with multiple known shooters) but the government can't help but use the tools at their disposal even when they're not warranted because most of the time they'll win at trial because juries would rather see drug dealers behind bars than walking around, civil liberties be damned.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Obviously you're not in law enforcement.

Reality check:  In order to obtain a warrant, you have to have probable cause.  In this instance, they had multiple times surveilled this perp and had patterns, which were in the warrant documentation. 

Patterns are the key.  If you have patterns, you can chose your arrest point based on them.  It's "generally" much easier to simply traffic stop or catch them as they leave the apartment building in a more controlled situation.  What they "decided" on was (seemingly) a fundamentally more risky course of action and it ended up with multiple high velocity rounds being sprayed around in a populated apartment complex.  It's stupid, lazy, and put a large number of innocent people in unnecessary danger. 

These senseless tactical decisions are the reason why inexperienced and stupid politicians feel the need to constantly tie cop's hands.

I believe there was a second warrant that had just been served at a separate and much higher risk location.  I believe there was some need to have the timing of this warrant line up.

But without knowing all of the factors involved in these warrants, the evidence, and the decision points along the way, I’ll withhold judgment on whether this was the best time or not to serve the warrant.

Serving warrants is a dangerous job for all involved no matter the precautions taken. No one here knows what was discussed and what decisions were made in the planning leading up to this.  Because there were possibilities for different decisions to be made, doesn’t mean that those possibilities weren’t evaluated and rejected based upon other information.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe Miner said:

I believe there was a second warrant that had just been served at a separate and much higher risk location.  I believe there was some need to have the timing of this warrant line up.

But without knowing all of the factors involved in these warrants, the evidence, and the decision points along the way, I’ll withhold judgment on whether this was the best time or not to serve the warrant.

Serving warrants is a dangerous job for all involved no matter the precautions taken. No one here knows what was discussed and what decisions were made in the planning leading up to this.  Because there were possibilities for different decisions to be made, doesn’t mean that those possibilities weren’t evaluated and rejected based upon other information.

Fair statements, to be certain. 

I’m mostly pissed at the news on this subject.

The past several months the local and national news have been reporting every story about Breonna under the sun regardless of truth.

Half of the people upset about this STILL think the cops broke in and shot her in bed asleep. They also  STILL think the cops were at the wrong address.

Why? Because that’s what was initially reported for several weeks.

Innocent, black, EMT, who was a good citizen was murdered in her sleep by police in a botched raid.

I’m all for freedom of speech.  But there also has to be some accountability when false stories are repeatedly presented as truth and no corrections are made clear.

Edited by Joe Miner
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe Miner said:

The past several months the local and national news have been reporting every story about Breonna under the sun regardless of truth.

Half of the people upset about this STILL think the cops broke in and shot her in bed asleep. They also  STILL think the cops were at the wrong address.

Innocent, black, EMT, who was a good citizen was murdered in her sleep by police in a botched raid.

I’m all for freedom of speech.  But there also has to be some accountability when false stories are repeatedly presented as truth and no corrections are made clear.

Absolutely correct.  All of these "journalists" should be ashamed of themselves.

Honestly, it's going to take a lot to convince me this isn't all part of a larger plot to seriously damage the U.S.  There are just too many convenient things happening in unison.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

If I was in charge I wouldn't have gone to the apartment complex at all.  Again, they had his patterns (when he resupplied for example) so why not just get him on one of those trips and then search the residence at your leisure?

They had a "No Knock" warrant.  I don't agree with "No Knock" warrants but they're legal.  I "understand" why "No Knock" warrants were put in place (again, to go into known drug dens with multiple known shooters) but the government can't help but use the tools at their disposal even when they're not warranted because most of the time they'll win at trial because juries would rather see drug dealers behind bars than walking around, civil liberties be damned.

This is what is very dangerous... how innocent people can get put in prison because of the "somebody needs to pay" mentality a lot of people have.

15 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

To be fair.  It was not a botched raid.  It was a botched warrant. The cops were put into that situation due to information that they could not control.

27 minutes ago, bdutton said:

To be fair.  It was not a botched raid.  It was a botched warrant. The cops were put into that situation due to information that they could not control.

I think Joe is saying that that is the narrative the media is pushing though completely false. 

I’m not sure I understand your second comment- the cops were doing their job and were shot at...? 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think Joe is saying that that is the narrative the media is pushing though completely false. 

I’m not sure I understand your second comment- the cops were doing their job and were shot at...? 

The cops were executing a raid based on a warrant.  The people that got the warrant in the first place had the wrong information. 

The cops executing the warrant are the ones getting in trouble (wrongfully) for it.  Just doing their job.

Edited by bdutton

Just now, bdutton said:

The cops were executing a raid based on a warrant.  The people that got the warrant in the first place had the wrong information. 

The cops executing the warrant are the ones getting in trouble (wrongfully) for it.  Just doing their job.

What wrong information?

5 minutes ago, bdutton said:

That the address they were searching was a drug house.

I may be incorrect here, but I don’t think that was the premise the warrant was based on at all. My belief was they were searching Taylor’s house because she had acted as a mail service for the drug dealer who was her ex boyfriend. He had mail delivered to her place, picked it up, and then was followed directly to a stash house. 

Their search was in relation to that and trying to find additional evidence/components of his network.

That explains why the late night raid- as they had just arrested him and wanted to grab as many moving parts as possible. 

Edited by whatdrought

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I may be incorrect here, but I don’t think that was the premise the warrant was based on at all. My belief was they were searching Taylor’s house because she had acted as a mail service for the drug dealer who was her ex boyfriend. He had mail delivered to her place, picked it up, and then was followed directly to a stash house. 

"Police suspected, according to the May report written by Jaynes, that Glover "may be keeping narcotics and/or proceeds from the sale of narcotics at (Taylor's apartment) for safekeeping."  A property seizure log completed after searching Taylor's apartment following the shooting listed no drugs or money."

Nothing was found.  The Detective responsible for writing and getting approval for the warrant was reassigned pending an investigation.  

Bottom line it was a shitshow but the cops getting punished (my point) are paying the price for bad intelligence.

Edited by bdutton

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Obviously you're not in law enforcement.

Reality check:  In order to obtain a warrant, you have to have probable cause.  In this instance, they had multiple times surveilled this perp and had patterns, which were in the warrant documentation. 

Patterns are the key.  If you have patterns, you can chose your arrest point based on them.  It's "generally" much easier to simply traffic stop or catch them as they leave the apartment building in a more controlled situation.  What they "decided" on was (seemingly) a fundamentally more risky course of action and it ended up with multiple high velocity rounds being sprayed around in a populated apartment complex.  It's stupid, lazy, and put a large number of innocent people in unnecessary danger. 

These senseless tactical decisions are the reason why inexperienced and stupid politicians feel the need to constantly tie cop's hands.

Wasn’t it a search warrant, and not an arrest warrant? If it was an arrest warrant, I agree - those are much safer served in an environment that is known and can more easily be controlled. If it was a search warrant, it needs to be served at the location to be searched.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Wasn’t it a search warrant, and not an arrest warrant? If it was an arrest warrant, I agree - those are much safer served in an environment that is known and can more easily be controlled. If it was a search warrant, it needs to be served at the location to be searched.

From what I understand, this was in response to a drug related crime?

My stance will always be that drug laws are useless. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, bdutton said:

"Police suspected, according to the May report written by Jaynes, that Glover "may be keeping narcotics and/or proceeds from the sale of narcotics at (Taylor's apartment) for safekeeping."  A property seizure log completed after searching Taylor's apartment following the shooting listed no drugs or money."

Nothing was found.  The Detective responsible for writing and getting approval for the warrant was reassigned pending an investigation.  

Bottom line it was a shitshow but the cops getting punished (my point) are paying the price for bad intelligence.

That doesn’t mean they were in the wrong place or had bad information. They knew he had used her address for deliveries in the past- that was the importation they were working under. I’m not sure I get your point? 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Their search was in relation to that and trying to find additional evidence/components of his network.

That explains why the late night raid- as they had just arrested him and wanted to grab as many moving parts as possible. 

The first location raided did turn up money, drugs, and I believe guns.

It wasn’t a mistake they were at her place.  She was involved with the drug trade.  She was named as someone holding the money for those dealing. Her idiot past boyfriend identified her as such in phone calls he made from jail.  She rented a car that her drug dealing past boyfriend was using and one of his associates turned up dead in.  Her drug dealing past boyfriend was still using her apartment as his listed address and was having his mail delivered there.  They had surveillance of packages from the second location that was raided successfully going in and out of her place.

You don’t hear that on the news though.  

“Drug dealer shot in raid” doesn’t gin up nearly as much drama and outrage as “27 year old black EMT shot to death in her sleep during a botched police raid.”

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Would you be saying that if they were trying to arrested the corporate CEO who was supplying the oxicontin 

Nope 

Don't forget the pretzel avatar I gave you. It will fit in with all the pretzeling you do. 

See the source image

Edited by 3rdnlng

21 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Slow afternoon?  Maybe try cleaning up your room instead?

Thanks for allowing me to expand on my point. Darin has said before that’s hes a libertarian, who are against prohibition of drugs. But, it was a poor black drug dealer, not a huge, wealthy drug making company peddling its dope. Well, actually the ex-girlfriend of an alleged drug dealer already in custody. 

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...room?...he's a "cellar dweller".....SMH............

Any proof for that you complete pos? 

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Thanks for allowing me to expand on my point. Darin has said before that’s hes a libertarian, who are against prohibition of drugs. But, it was a poor black drug dealer, not a huge, wealthy drug making company peddling its dope. Well, actually the ex-girlfriend of an alleged drug dealer already in custody. 

....Fecal Freddie with his PM offering......ExLax worked.............

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Being against drug prohibition is not the same as letting just anyone sell drugs.  Just like a grocer being tempted to sell goods that have non-obvious problems a drug dealer would be tempted to sell pot that may have residuals of herbicides in it or other contamination.  There is a reason we have the FDA among other agencies to regulate the sales of products that we consume into our bodies.  That aside there is not just one list that libertarian works off of as I know ones who do not favor unlimited distribution of drugs.  For the most part libertarians are against wide spread control by government.

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Being against drug prohibition is not the same as letting just anyone sell drugs.  Just like a grocer being tempted to sell goods that have non-obvious problems a drug dealer would be tempted to sell pot that may have residuals of herbicides in it or other contamination.  There is a reason we have the FDA among other agencies to regulate the sales of products that we consume into our bodies.  That aside there is not just one list that libertarian works off of as I know ones who do not favor unlimited distribution of drugs.  For the most part libertarians are against wide spread control by government.

It’s just part of the war on the poor. Drug laws really are not aimed at keeping drugs away from people, they are aimed at f’n poor people over. That’s why the rich sell so many hard core drugs that are killing people. The war on drugs is a joke, but it gives people an excuse to blame the victim, like a girl asleep in her apartment who got killed for nothing. But drug dealer! Says the happy racist

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Fecal Freddie with his PM offering......ExLax worked.............

You are make dumdumb mad by replying to me, lol!