Liberal Protests

B-Man

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

This also seems to be an odd place to take a stand rooted in religious teaching.  Gassing protesters and clergy for a photo op?  Contrary to the teachings of Jesus to Peter in the garden, but AOK in this context.  Rando internet message board guy poking fun at the Pillsbury President?  Can’t let that one slide.  

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

You’ve got a much longer list of grievances to air with respect to Trump and his Evangelical apostles than you do with me, that is for sure. 

“It was racist then and it’s racist now.”

No one was gassed.  Again police don't stand there in a cloud of tear gas without gas masks on.  The protesters were warned that curfew was approaching and some threw stuff at the police.  Their response was appropriate.

As for religion, I'm an atheist.  Doing unto others doesn't need to be tied to religion.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

the number of people killed by the police in custody by race vs the percentage of that race in the population of the population is in fact...fact. The number killed while armed by race is in fact..fact. 

Does not diminish at all what officers are faced with on a daily basis. But @SoCal Deek in one thread wants to use numbers as facts..and understands percentages etc, but is this thread chooses to ignore them.

I'm waiting until we can start discussing the problem about having racist teachers in our schools.

If you look at the statistics, black students don't perform the same as white students and are disproportionately undereducated.  This can only be attributed to racist teachers.

This is assuming that all the disproportionate law enforcement statistics can be attributed to racist cops. Obviously the same assumption has to exist for teachers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

The lareger issue is you state above. I think it boils down more to economics and education...lower social economic folks tend to commit the most crime..i think that has been the case since time immororium. Just happens that a greater percentage of those folks in US society are minorties. 

I think the conversation needs to start there, at the grass roots level of educational review. Its not necessarily a money thing, as spend per student is highest in some of our poorest areas. And i dont have the answers right now, but i do know that this economy is moving more and more towards the have and have nots..and the haves have skills and education opportunities...until we can figure out how to tackle the education question, i think there will always be this divide.

I agree with all of this.

The thing that seems so obvious to me (and many may disagree) is that these black and minority communities where we see more poverty, less education, and more crime, have been run by Democrats since the 60's and have been the beacons of the welfare state in our country since then. Purely anecdotal here, but In my work I have seen the effects of a generational reliance on the government chit, be it food stamps, cyclical unemployment, wic, disability (without actually being disabled to a point of not being able to work). It kills people's drive to better themselves and improve and it leads to generations of apathy that bleeds into every area of life. That's not just minorities either, but in the inner city areas of our country where welfare was born we see it the worst. 

Again, that's my 2.4 cents (adjusted for inflation)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Fake news.  

A direct video speech................?

Tiger Woods enrages left by saying what they've deemed off-limits in George Floyd response

EZeIZZSWsAAVMkK?format=jpg&name=small

(Excerpt) Read more at wnd.com ...

• Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

I'm waiting until we can start discussing the problem about having racist teachers in our schools.

If you look at the statistics, black students don't perform the same as white students and are disproportionately undereducated.  This can only be attributed to racist teachers.

This is assuming that all the disproportionate law enforcement statistics can be attributed to racist cops. Obviously the same assumption has to exist for teachers.

That is a brilliant observation. I would include the racist teachers' unions also and the administrations for not address their attacks on the minds of black people.

Just now, B-Man said:

A direct video speech................?

Tiger Woods enrages left by saying what they've deemed off-limits in George Floyd response

EZeIZZSWsAAVMkK?format=jpg&name=small

(Excerpt) Read more at wnd.com ...

CNN at 6: "Adulterer lectures country on things he doesn't understand. Stick to sports Tiger. You're no Kapernick." 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup.  Release them.  If he’s accusing “elites and politicians” of acting as accessories to some of the criminal activity that has occurred over the past week, then he should put his money where his mouth is and get moving on the prosecution of those matters. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Radio is dead, my man.  But egg McMuffin sales near the whites house are probably holding steady.  The healthiest president ever probably is McMuffin seven or eight already this morning.  Jus doing his part to curtail world hunger. 

Remember the Adam Ant song from the early 80s:

Don't drink, don'r smoke, what do you do?

In Trump's case it is drive  the libtards apoplectic  and MAGA!

Edited by Wacka

Just now, Reality Check said:

That is a brilliant observation. I would include the racist teachers' unions also and the administrations for not address their attacks on the minds of black people.

I'm pretty sure if anyone wants to have an honest discussion about education, crime, or any other bad looking statistics that we would agree there are many problems and many factors that play into them.

Bad/poorly thought out laws, poor administration leadership, corrupt administration leadership, Union issues, bad candidate selection, keeping low performers employed, etc.. Are all issues that plague most govt establishments.

Economic, family, culture, drugs, low expectations, etc... are all issues that plague most of our communities.

Combining govt issues and community issues are going to result in bad outcomes far too often for anyone to be happy about.

Is racism a problem in both areas, sure.  But it's not the leading cause of these issues.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wacka said:

Remember the Adam Ant song from the early 80s:

Don't drink, don'r smoke, what do you do?

In Trump's case it is drive  the libtards apoplectic  and MAGA!

When is he going to get started on “MAGA-ing?”  Last I checked we’re beset by at least three competing generational crises.  Four if one counts climate change, I guess.  And even before that he subjugated himself to Putin, blew out the treasury, and did next to nothing to keep any of his campaign promises.  Any time he wants to get moving on “MAGA-ing” is fine with me.  Or is it “Keep America Great?”  I can’t remember what BS slogan he’s using these days. 

21 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I agree with all of this.

The thing that seems so obvious to me (and many may disagree) is that these black and minority communities where we see more poverty, less education, and more crime, have been run by Democrats since the 60's and have been the beacons of the welfare state in our country since then. Purely anecdotal here, but In my work I have seen the effects of a generational reliance on the government chit, be it food stamps, cyclical unemployment, wic, disability (without actually being disabled to a point of not being able to work). It kills people's drive to better themselves and improve and it leads to generations of apathy that bleeds into every area of life. That's not just minorities either, but in the inner city areas of our country where welfare was born we see it the worst. 

Again, that's my 2.4 cents (adjusted for inflation)

as much as i despise Trump, the one thing I always told my MAGA friends was he nailed the "what do you have to lose" piece when speaking to black voters during the last election

• Like (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  There are no reasonable responses to that point because the initial premise was (surprise, surprise) BS.  Everyone knows it.  

Actually it's not.  Obama was the perfect person to elevate the discussion about race, and actually started off in that direction until he caught flack from the far left, pivoted and made the situation far far worse.

• Like (+1) 3

KRUISER’S MORNING BRIEF: MSM Really Earning ‘Enemy of the People’ Status During Riots. 

“There’s an ever-growing victim count for these riots that is being almost completely ignored in the MSM. Cops and civilians are being gunned down, beaten up, and plowed into by motor vehicles and the MSM hacks are practically spraining their necks looking the other way.”

• Like (+1) 3