Liberal Protests

B-Man

This is why the dems are really panicking

"I take no pleasure in saying this, but the fact is — there is no excuse for us black voters to remain in such a supine and infantilized state..."

"... that a Republican controlled legislature in, say, NC can neuter the effect of black citizens merely by asking them to present an ID card. Frankly, I find that entire argument to be patronizing in the extreme.
How is it that the uneducated, opiate-addicted and under-employed white voters who came out in droves for Trump at his rallies and later in the voting booth, and who thereby made him our next president — how is it that such 'deplorables' are able to pull the lever, but their black counterparts need a federal court in order to have their constitutional rights validated?"

Writes Glenn Loury.

He's reacting to a petition "demanding that Congress nullify the Supreme Court's decision in Shelby County v. Holder — the case which struck down section iv(b) of the Voting Rights Act of 1965." That's his characterization of the petition.

You know when it's put that way it really demonstrates the absurdity of that whole video.

My wife and I love MASH and we watch it all the time but we barf at a lot of the episodes and how pussified they are.

Can't stand Alan Alda's pontifications in each episode. As the seasons progressed, they became more unbearable and frankly unwatchable.

I far prefer the Altman original film. That was genius.

Can't stand Alan Alda's pontifications in each episode. As the seasons progressed, they became more unbearable and frankly unwatchable.

I far prefer the Altman original film. That was genius.

I've met Mike Farrell. He's...pretty damn insufferable. He makes Alda look humble.

This is why the dems are really panicking

"I take no pleasure in saying this, but the fact is — there is no excuse for us black voters to remain in such a supine and infantilized state..."

"... that a Republican controlled legislature in, say, NC can neuter the effect of black citizens merely by asking them to present an ID card. Frankly, I find that entire argument to be patronizing in the extreme.
How is it that the uneducated, opiate-addicted and under-employed white voters who came out in droves for Trump at his rallies and later in the voting booth, and who thereby made him our next president — how is it that such 'deplorables' are able to pull the lever, but their black counterparts need a federal court in order to have their constitutional rights validated?"

Writes Glenn Loury.

He's reacting to a petition "demanding that Congress nullify the Supreme Court's decision in Shelby County v. Holder — the case which struck down section iv(b) of the Voting Rights Act of 1965." That's his characterization of the petition.

Dems call for healthcare rallies
The Washington Examiner ^ | December 28, 2016 | Robert King

Leading congressional Democrats want to hold a series of rallies on Jan. 15 to protest Republicans' plans to repeal Obamacare and other healthcare reforms.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California and Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., wrote a letter to potential organizers on Wednesday calling for the rallies.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...

Astroturf roots protests — the calling card of modern liberalism.

I remember when true grassroots protests against ACA were taking place, and the left shoved that law through in spite of all evidence that it was going to suck balls.

Gonna be funnyt watching the left pay people to yell about something that makes their lives worse, only to have it be just more wasted money on protests.

But hey...maybe the leftists won't burn buildings or take dumps on police cars this time.

Leading congressional Democrats want to hold a series of rallies on Jan. 15 to protest Republicans' plans to repeal Obamacare and other healthcare reforms.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California and Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., wrote a letter to potential organizers on Wednesday calling for the rallies.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...

So Sanders, Pelosi, & Co calling on organizers to set up Anti-Repeal protests = Will of the People

Actual citizens protesting in 2009-2011 = Astroturfing

kitty-Hat Protests planned for Trump’s Inauguration

Reducing feminism to its most ridiculous denominator.

I thought safety pins were the most ludicrous symbol of political protesting ever used.

The up side of this project is that it gets women back to knitting.... :rolleyes:

I liked this comment in particular:

"Henry Hawkins | January 1, 2017 at 8:33 am

What a lovely subject to open up 2017.

Feminist goal: knit 1.7 million kitty hats.

Feminists who knit: 4"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/01/03/its_worse_than_bush_derangement_syndrome__132696.html

I was hoping to write an upbeat column to kick off the new year, something about how all sorts of things in our great country are bound to get better in the months ahead, a column based at least as much on wishful thinking as hard-nosed reality. A columnist can get away with that kind of fluff this time of year. But it's hard to be cheery when our nation is in the throes of a full-blown epidemic, one that is causing so much pain to millions of our fellow Americans.

Yes, I'm talking about the dreaded mental disorder known as Trump Derangement Syndrome -- or simply TDS.
You remember Bush Derangement Syndrome, right? It was when the mere mention of President George W. Bush's name sent liberals into a fevered state of instability. Someone would carelessly say "Bush" and their eyes would involuntarily begin to roll, and then came the shortness of breath, followed by foam forming on the poor victim's mouth -- though this mainly happened among Bush-hating liberals who lived on the Upper West Side of Manhattan or in Hollywood.
It was horrible, for sure, but not as horrible as Trump Derangement Syndrome.