Thurman Thomas: Rex Has Learned His Lesson

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex is who we have. He's shown that he can do it.

He has also shown that he can blow it.

Isn't that true for all of us at work? Haven't we all shined, just to blow it later?

My dad, who has been on this planet for 85 years says that every time you do something well at work, you get an "Atta Boy!".

You can get several "Atta Boy!"s per day, adding to quite a number. Your star is on the rise, just like Rex's last year.

It takes just 1 "Aw Sh#*t!" to wipe out 1,000 "Atta Boy!"s.

Now work on the national stage like Rex is...

'A different Rex Ryan'
Bills legend Thurman Thomas recently weighed in on head coach Rex Ryan, and what it will take for him to be successful in Buffalo. Thomas has lofty expectations for Ryan's second season with the team.

After New York reached back-to-back AFC title games, Ryan was accused of talking too much and placing a target on the backs of his players. He ended up muzzling himself as the team slowly pushed away from the same energy that brought the franchise its most recognition in decades.

That Rex Ryan was sad, combative and nowhere near the joy he is when he can be himself. Thomas told CBS Sports Radio that a different Rex Ryan would be a "shocker" to the country. Would it be? Or would it be a repeat of everything we grew to mourn during the tail end of his tenure in New York?

When the Bills hired Ryan, they hopefully understood that he can only coach one way. With Ryan, changing the man changes everything.

It's great TT#1 is an optimist when it comes to the Bills.

However, his former talent as a running back doesn't necessarily come with a Ph.D. in psychology nor an innate understanding of coaches. I'm not sure Thurman can guess Rex's future coaching effectiveness with any more accuracy than we can.

I'm confident this upcoming season will be interesting. I'm not confident it will be good.

Again, is this Thomas guy even a *member* of TBD? Hate when these media types think they know more about the Bills than we do!

I spent 8 years in college studying Forensic Speculation and can tell you 100% for certain we're doomed.

However, his former talent as a running back doesn't necessarily come with a Ph.D. in psychology nor an innate understanding of coaches. I'm not sure Thurman can guess Rex's future coaching effectiveness with any more accuracy than we can.

I'm confident this upcoming season will be interesting. I'm not confident it will be good.

Same as when Kelly liked Todd Collins, Trent Edwards, Losman, Fitz......

Need a poll on #1 pessimist when it comes to the Bills but considering number of great candidates probably need a multi-round tournament.

Again, is this Thomas guy even a *member* of TBD? Hate when these media types think they know more about the Bills than we do!

I spent 8 years in college studying Forensic Speculation and can tell you 100% for certain we're doomed.

if you did that then you could tell where your cooler went.

Wrex Ryan has more excuses than....China has people...an Ocean has fish...a desert has sand.

“The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bull **** story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Jordan Belfort

“It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.”

George Washington

Ask any Jets fan about all the broken promises over the six years in NYC. Ryan has already started spreading the manure his first season. The Bills will make the playoffs in 2015 and the defense would lead the NFL. Yeah, sure.

Excellent quotes my friend ! Most excellent indeed

Well i guess thats its then

Pack it up... nothing more to see here...

ha ha !!

great post

Your last two sentences are fair assessment of the matter.

interesting is the word i too choose

I love how he "ruined" a top 10 defense. Ya THAT defense had all its players all year long from that year to this year let's look:

No Brandon Spikes, Kyle Williams, Aaron Williams, DaNorris Searcy, Jarius Wynn, McKelvin late.....4 big starters replaced by 4 non nfl starters. Theres only 11 guys out there 4 missing makes a big difference especially down the middle

Thurman Thomas was and is my favorite running back of all time. I have a signed plaque of his on my wall in my office as we speak.

Thurman Thomas is kind of a disappointment as a dude. I follow him on Twitter and he is severely misinformed on a lot of topics. It's actually kind of sad. It's hard to take anything he says that seriously.

But I think it's cool that he is Buffalo for life and supports the Sabres as well as the Bills.

I love how he "ruined" a top 10 defense. Ya THAT defense had all its players all year long from that year to this year let's look:

No Brandon Spikes, Kyle Williams, Aaron Williams, DaNorris Searcy, Jarius Wynn, McKelvin late.....4 big starters replaced by 4 non nfl starters. Theres only 11 guys out there 4 missing makes a big difference especially down the middle

No, you're right the defense improved...

/s

Thurman Thomas was and is my favorite running back of all time. I have a signed plaque of his on my wall in my office as we speak.

Thurman Thomas is kind of a disappointment as a dude. I follow him on Twitter and he is severely misinformed on a lot of topics. It's actually kind of sad. It's hard to take anything he says that seriously.

But I think it's cool that he is Buffalo for life and supports the Sabres as well as the Bills.

Grain of salt of course.

You missed the biggest one. No jim schwartz.

Disagree with his Twitter viewpoints = sad, disappointment of a dude. o_O