"What People Look Like" and the Le Batard Show

After Colin Cowherd left ESPN they filled his spot with the Dan LeBatard show...I gotta tell you. I think he's hilarious and the show actually appeals to a sports fan like me. I say that because he doesn't take sports so seriously that it becomes repetitive. For instance, they had Mel Kiper on the show and he told Kiper straight up "I'm waking off the set right now and the other guys will interview you because I think your job is ridiculous" (paraphrased). He also mocks the sports analysts who say things like "I have North Carolina winning the tournament because you can't beat their bigs down low" which really means, "You don't know the names of the big guys under the basket so you just call them "The Bigs"

Anyway, he does this great bit called "What People Look Like" and listeners text/email descriptions of "what people look like" (The Jim Tomsula, Tim Kirkjian, Rob Ryan ones are great for example). Here's a few more.

So have at it Two Bills Drive, post a picture and then put the title under the picture. If we come up with some good ones, I'll see if I can email them to the show.

My attempt:

schefterx-large.jpg

"Adam Schefter looks like the guy on late night tv who promises financial freedom in exchange for six easy installments of $49.99"

Listen to Lebatard and Stugotz everyday. Might like stugotz's game notes segment over the look like game but both are awesome.

Some of my favorites

--Jim Tomsula looks like the first guy that shows up to date your mother after the divorce

--Jeff VanGundy looks like the mortician that eats a sandwich while he works.

--Mike Golic, Richie Incognito and others look like the construction crew that catcalls women.

Listen to Lebatard and Stugotz everyday. Might like stugotz's game notes segment over the look like game but both are awesome.

Some of my favorites

--Jim Tomsula looks like the first guy that shows up to date your mother after the divorce

--Jeff VanGundy looks like the mortician that eats a sandwich while he works.

--Mike Golic, Richie Incognito and others look like the construction crew that catcalls women.

LOL - Jim Tomsula sounds like the monster a creole grandmother threatens her kids with to get them to sleep..."Get to sleep or that Jim Tomsula will come out of the swamp and get you" LOL LOL One of my favorites

Wade Phillips looks like a guy on the BBQ sauce bottle

Wade Phillips looks like a flabbergasted lost Boy Scouts leader

Urban Meyer looks like the neighbor who has to have the bigger lawnmower.

Chuck Pagano looks like Tony Sopranos friend who keeps running up a huge gambling debt.

Wade Phillips looks like a guy on the BBQ sauce bottle

Wade Phillips looks like a flabbergasted lost Boy Scouts leader

Urban Meyer looks like the neighbor who has to have the bigger lawnmower.

Chuck Pagano looks like Tony Sopranos friend who keeps running up a huge gambling debt.

LOL

To each his own. Another example of a show that wastes airtime thinking they're comedians.

I like the show because they are self deprecating and don't take the "hard nosed sports" angle...they don't take themselves too seriously. Much better than watching/listening to Stephen A Smith etc.

To each his own. Another example of a show that wastes airtime thinking they're comedians.

You don't get the show

All Lebatard does is yell (I was going to keep up with the CAPS, but I decided to spare everyone)

You don't get the show

I like the show because they are self deprecating and don't take the "hard nosed sports" angle...they don't take themselves too seriously. Much better than watching/listening to Stephen A Smith etc.

Exactly. He spoofs everything and tries to get more than coach speak out of people. Mike Ryan might be the funniest of all of them. Love it when he gets fired up. Edited by Ryan L Billz

All Lebatard does is yell (I was going to keep up with the CAPS, but I decided to spare everyone)

They pretty much mock each other to death...they read Tweets from people that hate their show and laugh about it. I like it but can see how some folks don't care for their brand of humor.

Le batard is funny. His show is funny and the 'what people look like' part is the best. Someone should tell Stugotz that he has to stop constantly chuckling in the background. Otherwise, the show is good for people who are sick of the usual sports talk or call in shows.

Le batard is funny. His show is funny and the 'what people look like' part is the best. Someone should tell Stugotz that he has to stop constantly chuckling in the background. Otherwise, the show is good for people who are sick of the usual sports talk or call in shows.

Yeah, that's what I think as well. I can handle only so much of "Hahn and Humpty" spouting off about their knowledge of sports or Stephen Smith and that knucklehead who argues with him every day....it gets draining. LeBatard and Stugotz admit they aren't in-depth sports analysts and have some extremely funny bits and interviews (Charles Barkley was great, Warren Buffett, etc)

Some good ones from the Twitter.

Jim Rome looks like that blackjack dealer whose a little too happy you busted.

Joe Philbin looks like the timid sheriff who gets ran out of town by a rowdy Bill Cowher and Rob Ryan.

Tom Coughlin looks like the guy who feeds the birds at the park and gets angry when the squirrels steal the food.

post-15917-0-18168900-1458258992_thumb.jpeg

Some good ones from the Twitter.

Jim Rome looks like that blackjack dealer whose a little too happy you busted.

Joe Philbin looks like the timid sheriff who gets ran out of town by a rowdy Bill Cowher and Rob Ryan.

Tom Coughlin looks like the guy who feeds the birds at the park and gets angry when the squirrels steal the food.

LOL. That Tom Coughlin one is perfect.

Stan Kroenke looks like a character from the Beastie Boys "Sabotage" video.

Chris Berman looks like a wax statue of Benjamin Franklin that got left in the car on hot summer day.

Wade Phillips looks like an overwhelmed Boy Scout troop leader in the woods who can't find his way back to camp.

Jason Garrett looks like the mannequin modeling the shirt you decide against buying at JC Penny.

Stan Kroenke looks like a character from the Beastie Boys "Sabotage" video.

Chris Berman looks like a wax statue of Benjamin Franklin that got left in the car on hot summer day.

Wade Phillips looks like an overwhelmed Boy Scout troop leader in the woods who can't find his way back to camp.

Jason Garrett looks like the mannequin modeling the shirt you decide against buying at JC Penny.

lol lol. Wade Phillips

• 4 weeks later...

Enough Coluimbusilians apparently got together to convince the local to drop the show. It's been replaced by Beanie Wells (who may develop if given time, lots of time) and another schmuck who are impossible to listen to. I get the desire for local programming, but, the lineup here outside of the 12-2 slot is garbage.

Enough Coluimbusilians apparently got together to convince the local to drop the show. It's been replaced by Beanie Wells (who may develop if given time, lots of time) and another schmuck who are impossible to listen to. I get the desire for local programming, but, the lineup here outside of the 12-2 slot is garbage.

Fire up the podcast app on iTunes, I think they are there hour after show normally ends.

Can listen on demand.

Josh Hamilton looks like a guy who has a fixer upper show on hgtv.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I think you spelt Smiff wrong, but you're the lawyer.

Don't like the Common man!?

He's an idiot, but I'm at least able to listen to him. Ever heard the show when he's off and T-Bone has the lead? :sick:

Surprisingly Bobby Carpenter has turned out OK. I don't see the same for Beanie.

I usually like common man. You're right about T-bone though he's especially awful when he's in command. Agree on Carpenter also. He started off a little slow but has turned out pretty well. Beanie just isn't quite polished enough.

He's better than Cownerd, but I have a lot of residual bitterness over his being a Dullfin flunkie for many a year.

That's not too hard to do...Cowherd is/was the worst national guy I think I have ever heard...hands down!