Doug Marone - Still not a Head Coach

Think the owners stick together when you screw one of them (by exercising the santa claus) you screw them all...he'll get another chance but only after he learns his lesson..hell, he might be back in Buffalo after the Twins tank and Mario has 20 sacks for New England

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for seeing my point. An employer can make things so unbearable for an employee that the employee has no other option than to walk away. That is precisely what happened in this case. I can only imagine what would have taken place if Marrone held the reigns last year. #fireworks

....And what point did you make? I'm sorry, but do you work for the Bill's? Were you there in the offices every day watching them make things "unbearable" for Marrone. I seriously doubt it! So really...You don't no a dam thing about what happened. You're no better than the media with all of their speculation. Your guessing that they made it unbearable for him. The only fact everyone (including you) knows is that he quit, he walked out on his team. Period!!

Wait a minute. There were several coaching vacancies this offseason. Did he even get an interview?

He's so coveted as a head coach, he didn't get any interviews.

Edited by BigPappy

....And what point did you make? I'm sorry, but do you work for the Bill's? Were you there in the offices every day watching them make things "unbearable" for Marrone. I seriously doubt it! So really...You don't no a dam thing about what happened. You're no better than the media with all of their speculation. Your guessing that they made it unbearable for him. The only fact everyone (including you) knows is that he quit, he walked out on his team. Period!!

he isn't coveted but he did get interviews. Giants, Browns, Titans, Dolphins. No one works harder than Doug Marrone's agent. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were part of the "inner circle" back then. Can you provide me with any proof that Marrone wasn't treated unfairly? Let me ask you this: If everything was butterflies and daisies at One Bills Drive back in November 2014, why did he choose to go elsewhere? Answer: He was treated poorly and opted to try and find a place where he was loved. Once again, OBD bit the hand of the master who brought us a winning season. #smh

Think the owners stick together when you screw one of them (by exercising the santa claus) you screw them all...he'll get another chance but only after he learns his lesson..hell, he might be back in Buffalo after the Twins tank and Mario has 20 sacks for New England

Agreed. It took Mularkey over a decade to get another HC job (the interim HC jobs aside)

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were part of the "inner circle" back then. Can you provide me with any proof that Marrone wasn't treated unfairly? Let me ask you this: If everything was butterflies and daisies at One Bills Drive back in November 2014, why did he choose to go elsewhere? Answer: He was treated poorly and opted to try and find a place where he was loved. Once again, OBD bit the hand of the master who brought us a winning season. #smh

Loved? No. Marrone was using the Bills as a stepping stone. When the change of ownership occurred he told the Pegulas he wanted an extension. They declined so he cashed out and bailed, expecting that he'd get the NYJ job. But he'd overestimated himself and didn't. I understand that a HC under a previous owner would want some assurances that he wasn't going to be a short bridge to that new owner's own hand picked guy. But Marrone sure hadn't done enough to earn that extension and he wasn't willing to coach the Bills one more season to prove his value. How do we know that was the deal? Look to Whaley. He was in the same exact situation and he didn't cash out and bail. Whatever you think of him or his performance, Whaley manned up. He stayed, did his job and got his extension. No. I'm sorry. Whaley EARNED his extension. Marrone opted not to even try.

As much as I've fallen off the Rex bandwagon, I'm very glad to not have Marrone! But that Jags oline gig is one of the most coveted spots in all of sports! Good move Doug!

Lmao. I agree...reading the OP made me smile had to click

Because he quit on his team....

Seriously if he was that coveted he would be a HC somewhere but after what he did to BUF I doubt anyone gives him a shot knowing he practically stole Bufs 4 mill.

I know the Marrone topic is tired, but I had an interesting thing happen to me today.

I just got off a flight and I happened to sit next to Bill O'Brien. After a couple Woodfords on the rocks (he was drinking wine) I flat out asked him if his boy was going to get another gig. He said yes, but not very confidently.

I shook my head and said "man, you can't quit on a team like that, it's a bad look". He sat there for a second and said "it's a pretty bad look".

He was a nice guy. I just found it interesting.

I think it's interesting that people have strong opinions about why Marrone left.

He hasn't talked much about it and all we can do is guess. It's all just speculation.

My own strong opinion is this: I'm glad he left.

I think he was dismayed that Orton retired and he thought he was a shoo-in for the Jets job. Plus there was the $5M parachute.

This is old and useless news. Stop acting like a jilted lover and let's move on!

Thank the Lord!

Posters love Leodis for doing absolutely nothing as a first round draft pick and hate the Marrone for having a winning record!

I didn't think Mularkey would get another shot but he did. Never underestimate the ability of billionaires to make poor decisions and give underachieving white coaches multiple chances to fail. Marrone will probably get another shot.

You had to go there? Homey?

"Can you prove a negative". That's the best you got BBF?

I think the only things I can give Marrone credit for during his tenure as HC of the Bills is hiring two good DC's: Pettine and Schwartz. Other than that, I think he was a terrible coach and I'm glad he's gone.

^ what he said