Doug Marone - Still not a Head Coach

You can't quit like that and not have it be an issue. Pretty sure he gets asked about it in every interview. His responses are probably not good, consistent. GM's talk.

He did not QUIT - he exercised an option in his contract just like players do. If he was QUITTING he would have stuck Bills with bill fighting in court trying to keep money.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did not QUIT - he exercised an option in his contract just like players do. If he was QUITTING he would have stuck Bills with bill fighting in court trying to keep money.

Of course, you are technically correct. If you think some people don't see his actions as quitting on a team or a mission, I think you are incorrect. Depends on the point of view, I guess.

Of course, you are technically correct. If you think some people don't see his actions as quitting on a team or a mission, I think you are incorrect. Depends on the point of view, I guess.

Absolutely see this; it is the difference between connotation and denotation. Some have an agenda to push just like the Bills, agents and the press.

• 2 weeks later...

More proof that only a handful on here truly get it.

Im not a big Marrone guy, but he tried to lead the old fashion way. Go see his post game speeches in the locker room and compare that to ballz licker Rex Ryan. Go see him arguing with Whaley cuz he believed that EJ was terrible. Go see him tell Spiller to man up in the huddle.

I dont believe he quit, I believe he knew that he was gonna get fired and and when he smelled smoke in the kitchen, he got out of the house. Pretty funny stuff that a crappy Jags team beat Rex and EJ! The game that basically buried the Bills in 2015!

Plus he left with a cool 4 million in his pocket. I didn't care for him, but I believe he made the right move at the time. I don't think he had a HC job waiting anywhere even if he had stayed. So he took advantage of a clause in the contract, left with $4 mil and got a head start on looking for a job. Let's see, he went from college coach to an NFL coach, set himself up financially for life, left a toxic environment with $4 mil and found a new gig. Sounds like some feelings were hurt on this board.