Why don't the Pegulas take advantage of the NFL Luxury Tax?

You guys are over-thinking this. The NFL has a salary cap. Doesn't matter if that cap is hard, soft or somewhere i between, it only applies to salary. If we've used up our allocated amount of salary for the coming league year, why don't we just agree to pay Incognito on an hourly basis, instead of paying him a salary? As far as I know, the NFL doesn't have a wage cap.

Maybe the Bills have old payroll software that can't handle the high hourly wage figure that would be required, sort of like when the Y2k software bug caused all sorts of problems at the turn of the century. But if we figured out a way to solve the Y2k software problem, we ought to be able to fix the payroll software, too.

Lol. This is certainly a crayonz like post.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. Let me guess ... you're one of these guys who doesn't vote because "it doesn't mean anything." right??

That's what you got from his post? Comparing voting to understanding the NFL salary cap......Brilliant

Isn't this your post?

Nice. Let me guess ... you're one of these guys who doesn't vote because "it doesn't mean anything." right??

(in my best Brandon Dassey voice) ... Yeah.

Fergy, let me help you out.

The best way to think of it is what the players in each sport have on their heads when they're playing their position in a game.

Basketball - they're nekkid, so they've got No Cap.

Bas-a-boll - they wear soft cloth hats, so there's a Soft Cap.

Foosball on the other hand - they wear hard helmuts, so there's a Hard Cap.

I know it can be a bit confusing, but see for yourself:

Michael-Jordan-Net-Worth.jpg

PabloSandoval-640x426.jpg

USATSI_8869830.jpg

This is the best explanation. Even I can understand it.

Edited by hondo in seattle

So glad you guys are having a chuckle at my expense..but the fact remains, we have a 27 million soft luxury user tax that Pegula hasn't even thought to use yet. Who the hell is manning the ship over there?

I think the fact remains that we don't actually.

Wrong - I just mailed in my ballot for the primary out here. Not sure what that has to do with my comment, but whatever.

I do feel my vote matters, what doesn't matter is arguing about something that doesn't exist(NFL luxury tax).

Edited by klos63

So glad you guys are having a chuckle at my expense..but the fact remains, we have a 27 million soft luxury user tax that Pegula hasn't even thought to use yet. Who the hell is manning the ship over there?

You really need to stop...you're making inaccurate, ridiculous comments. There is no luxury tax in the NFL and this thread should close.

Wrong - I just mailed in my ballot for the primary out here. Not sure what that has to do with my comment, but whatever.

I do feel my vote matters, what doesn't matter is arguing about something that doesn't exist(NFL luxury tax).

Keep the blinders on all you want, but if we dont figure out an alternative to a hard cap or learn to stay under it, we may not have a team this year.

But keep drinkin' the NFL koolaid, and then throw your vote away on Rand Paul.