British Lawmakers Don't Want the Redskins Playing in London

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snyder missed the boat on this one.

The name is changing. Period. It might not be this year or next year, but there will be a name change.

In today's political climate there is no way the name survives. Snyder could have come out a few years ago when this started to become an issue, acknowledge the problem, get out front and change the name, look like the good guy, and make millions of dollars on merchandise.

Instead, he will fight this one to its inevitable conclusion.

The name is changing. Period. It might not be this year or next year, but there will be a name change.

In today's political climate there is no way the name survives. Snyder could have come out a few years ago when this started to become an issue, acknowledge the problem, get out front and change the name, look like the good guy, and make millions of dollars on merchandise.

Good for him.

...and make millions of dollars on merchandise. Edited by Acantha

A bunch of blowhard politicians trying to show their moral outrage over a non-issue. The owner has the right to retain the name, and there are many chiefs of various tribes who didn't want it changed because of a bigger problem. I actually understand their point. They worry their cultural imprint on this American culture is eroding, and by even these namesakes, it is a remembrance of their great culture.

I've asked several friends who are part or 100% American Indian, if they were offended just to be sensitive to the issue, and none took offense. There are some in the media who are offended, but again it is a private industries choice to keep their name and live with the consequences. It's funny as i don't see any dip in their ticket sales, sales of jersies and so on.

My advice to Roger is ignore it. It will go away.

A bunch of blowhard politicians trying to show their moral outrage over a non-issue. The owner has the right to retain the name, and there are many chiefs of various tribes who didn't want it changed because of a bigger problem. I actually understand their point. They worry their cultural imprint on this American culture is eroding, and by even these namesakes, it is a remembrance of their great culture.

I've asked several friends who are part or 100% American Indian, if they were offended just to be sensitive to the issue, and none took offense. There are some in the media who are offended, but again it is a private industries choice to keep their name and live with the consequences. It's funny as i don't see any dip in their ticket sales, sales of jersies and so on.

My advice to Roger is ignore it. It will go away.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! :lol: