Super Bowl 50 game thread

YoloinOhio

Josh norman blaming the officials ....what a wuss. His team got its ass beat fair and square.

"It's hard to play two teams", Norman said multiple times after the game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000634512/article/panthers-cb-josh-norman-its-hard-to-play-two-teams

Cotchery call changed the whole game...if ruled correctly Broncos don't get that D TD....Talib offsides on missed FG....these calls had a big effect on the game.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easy to look like you're enjoying the game, laughing, dancing, etc. when your team loses one game all year. I had no doubt that if things got tough for him again he'd be the same guy we saw earlier in his career.

That's the rub. His whole "I'm just having fun and enjoying playing football" act was exposed. No one who enjoys playing football for the love of the game pouts that much.

I rooted for Newton all year but this was a disgrace, really a pathetic effort. tbxfqvmf0sta9cryrytc.gif

Cam's defining moment.

Someone needs to photoshop the giant vagina from that OTW thread onto this picture.

I rooted for Newton all year but this was a disgrace, really a pathetic effort. tbxfqvmf0sta9cryrytc.gif

Phil Simms never criticizes anybody. He agrees with every coaching call, ref penalty and QB decision. You know when he rips into you you've done something egregious.

Edited by MDH

Gotta sell out there to maintain possession for your team and it was far worse than Orton's kitty slide given the magnitude of the game. Certainly not the time and place for any self preservation thoughts there. Extremely weak!

Gotta sell out there to maintain possession for your team and it was far worse than Orton's kitty slide given the magnitude of the game. Certainly not the time and place for any self preservation thoughts there. Extremely weak!

Common man! He coulda got hurt diving for that loose ball. Mighta got a hangnail or something serious like a bruise or something.

Common man! He coulda got hurt diving for that loose ball. Mighta got a hangnail or something serious like a bruise or something.

That seems to be the word this morning, that he didn't want to hurt his shoulder that had been banged up earlier in the game.

But I think he just didn't want any part of another hit. He flinched like a dog that's been smacked too many times.

reminiscent of another QB missing his sack with way less at stake at the time.

His name is Kyle Orton. Different play same message. newton is a big strong guy

Good chance he could have recovered that. Had he gave it some effort in the biggest game of his life.

MVP's just do not give up like that. That play was not something

A team first player would ever do.

You think Panthers offense was better than the '91 Bills?

I didn't say they were better, I said "possibly". If you compare them I think the 1991 Bills had a clear edge with Thurman at running back. Kelly was a better QB overall than Newton so

far but Newton is dangerous because he is mobile. The Panthers arguably were on a bigger roll than even the Bills were in the 91SB.

Well if you like defense and bad QB play this is the game for you

I actually liked watching the game brah. I delivered pizza (side gig) for about 6 hours and made it home to catch the game on DVR without anyone spoiling the ending for me. it was great. had some pizza and wings from the store had some "party favors" it was awesome. so grateful for the night the universe threw at me. I was a good game to watch for me cuz i like defensive creels prefer shootouts or balanced games but meh. i expected it to be all defense. I wish Peyton and Carolina played better but it wasnt one of those boring 1960s 1970s defensive struggles. each drive was suspesnful like whos gonna make a game breaker? and then BAM either defense would make a huge play to force a punt or turnover. and the Broncos won. I couldnt be happier. I bet carolina spends in FA and the draft on some key WR and O Line help

Great D creates bad QB play.

^ This. some of those Cam over throws look like Manuel was in lol

I actually liked watching the game brah. I delivered pizza (side gig) for about 6 hours and made it home to catch the game on DVR without anyone spoiling the ending for me. it was great. had some pizza and wings from the store had some "party favors" it was awesome. so grateful for the night the universe threw at me. I was a good game to watch for me cuz i like defensive creels prefer shootouts or balanced games but meh. i expected it to be all defense. I wish Peyton and Carolina played better but it wasnt one of those boring 1960s 1970s defensive struggles. each drive was suspesnful like whos gonna make a game breaker? and then BAM either defense would make a huge play to force a punt or turnover. and the Broncos won. I couldnt be happier. I bet carolina spends in FA and the draft on some key WR and O Line help

^ This. some of those Cam over throws look like Manuel was in lol

Is there a translator out there somewhere for this?

Manning is aging as we watch. He's slow motion personified. Should have retired a year or two ago.

He's about to win the SB.

!@#$ YEAH DUDE! MANNING BRONCOS! #teamunderog. #hashtagsaremeaninglessimmockingthem.

it's sort of disappointing.

one night you award the guy a league mvp.

the next he stinks the bed up and ***** himself.

I feel bad for Cam. but this was Peytons last rodeo and a make up for the seahawk rapage. Im happy for him. this will only make Cam a stronger player and build his character

Is there a translator out there somewhere for this?

TRANSLATOR

Creel = marklar: word that can be used for anything based on context.

Rapage: Broncos got raped last SB

so grateful for the universe bla bla: im being grateful that i made good $$ in tips at work got my party "favors" and got to enjoy the game after work without anyone spoiling the ending for me. using universe in place of God cuz i dont wanna start that rabbit hole of a debate of creation, (to each his own in their beliefs).

^ this. some of those Cam overthrows looked like Ej Manuel was playing: I had quoted someone who said "good defense creates bad QB play." IDK why it didnt show up.

there is that clear enough for you? @joesixpack

Edited by Marty McFly

!@#$ YEAH DUDE! MANNING BRONCOS! #teamunderog. #hashtagsaremeaninglessimmockingthem.

I feel bad for Cam. but this was Peytons last rodeo and a make up for the seahawk rapage. Im happy for him. this will only make Cam a stronger player and build his character

TRANSLATOR

Creel = marklar: word that can be used for anything based on context.

Rapage: Broncos got raped last SB

so grateful for the universe bla bla: im being grateful that i made good $$ in tips at work got my party "favors" and got to enjoy the game after work without anyone spoiling the ending for me. using universe in place of God cuz i dont wanna start that rabbit hole of a debate of creation, (to each his own in their beliefs).

^ this. some of those Cam overthrows looked like Ej Manuel was playing: I had quoted someone who said "good defense creates bad QB play." IDK why it didnt show up.

there is that clear enough for you? @joesixpack

Yeah that works, Unfortunately, I'm limited to English.

The big butthurt among my Patriots fan FB friends is that Brady got booed when they introduced former game MVPs. That's the court of public opinion. No one likes a cheater.

This makes me smile. I also noticed.

Nice to see Wade finally get a SB ring. I didn't appreciate his defensive genius when he was here because he wasn't a great HC but today his unit's execution and game plan was superb!

His gameplan was off the hook. Completely dumbfounded Newton. You get Newton some top WRs in the offseason and some O Line upgrades an they might be back in the NFC champ game next year.

I kinda feel for Von Miller. One of the best games I've ever seen, Superbowl MVP...upstaged by Peyton Manning.

I dont think so. I been enjoying my day off from work watching NFL Net and ESPN and Von Miller is getting madd shine. Even in the Manning Interview theyre asking him about Von Miller. He deserved that MVP. which is cool. top 2 2011 draftpicks face off in superbowl, the 2nd pick becomes MVP the 1st pick loses but not with class after walking out of the presser.

I live in Boston and have pats fans blowing me up saying the NFL is rigged lol. One last ring for Peyton blah blah.

If it was/is rigged I'm pretty sure they can attribute that Seattle pass from the one yard line to such.

Seriously, if the NFL is rigged then that means NO RINGS FOR BRADY since they been cheating since forever. smh. I hate fans like that. They hate Manning knocked them out the playoffs the 2 times Peyton won the SB. dont get me started on the hockey modified glove bull ****. Boston teams cheat. Yes there are shakey penalty calls in games but they almost always favor the Pats* so those fans can eat a nice place of STFU on rice.

I assume you reminded them of the Tuck Rule.

lol so many excuses for the most cheating-est team in the league. get over it Pats* I bet if brady goes to another team he will not win a superbowl.

Yeah that works, Unfortunately, I'm limited to English.

Its all good bro, just dont put me down about it on some passive aggressive ****. everyone has their idiosyncrasies. thats just one of the quirks that make me, me. I have to translate to people who dont know me or my lingo in real life too.

Edited by Marty McFly

I rooted for Newton all year but this was a disgrace, really a pathetic effort.

I was rooting for Peyton and the Broncos and couldnt believe what I saw...it was like Cam was looking at a live grenade and didnt have the heart and grit to jump in their and fight for his team. I like Cam too I was very disappointed. EDIT: in fact that play disappointed me more then Cams over throws and miscues durin the game.

Edited by Marty McFly

Haven't been this wrong about a SB prediction since -- I can't remember when. Grats to Manning! Von Miller's contract is going to be ridiculous.

Von Millers will be well deserved too (hopefully this means we can snag one of their LBs in FA). I assume you were in the Panthers blow out crowd? Your comment shows you sir, are a class act. GO Bills!

I had this strange feeling that the Panthers werent for real this entire season. Seems stupid after they went 15-1 and then steamrolled those teams in the playoffs. I just dont think Cam Newton is the real deal and today he just imploded when it really mattered.

It wasnt a weird feeling. They had a cake walk schedule then with all the momentum and self believed hype they steam rolled 2 good teams, (Palmer had an injured finger on his throwing hand remember), then they face the #1 defense with the #1 game manager QB in the league and thought it was gonna be another cake walk. that **** was a rude awakening for them. Cams gonna be a great QB one day, he learned a lot from last nights game.

I'll be looking forward to Jerry Sullivan's take on Cam.

I think hes gonna **** on him and throw some in-direct shots at QBs like Cam, Wilson, and Tyrod. just gonna make me dis-like sully even more.

I absolutely loved this

i was right. carolina had no chance.

!@#$ yeah, i'm god.

LMAO. nice. are you trolling or for real? I knew it was gonna be closer then the blowout people expected. Rooting for Manning and Denver throughout all the playoffs I was very satisfied.