NFL to Introduce Rooney Rule for Women

Fingon

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Movie idea: NFL Team needs to interview a woman for the new GM position. The stereotypical movie CEO of an owner decides to interview some 60 something year old peanut vender with no real experience, or even a high school diploma. But, as it turns out, she's street smart.

"Mr. Snyder, I know I'm just a peanut vender, but I ain't never missed a play in the 30 years I've been here. Now, I know y'alls gots you a good defesnse, but what we need is a good Offensive Line, someone like that Smith kid from Fictional State."

After blowing her interview out of the water, the owner is deadest against it, but his PR man, who knows the team is in desperate need of some sort of gimmick and positive press, convinces him to hire her anyway.

She has a typical scene where players "Aren't gonna work for some old hag, this is a man's game." The coach threatens to fire him.

Yadda yadda, team wins super bowl. They offer her an extension, she turns it down to take her job back as a peanut vendor. Fin.

Total hamfisted policy which ignores gender identity and tries to fit everyone into nice tidy little boxes. What if Russ Brandon identifies as a queer trans woman? In this example, she receives no benefit simply because she has a penis.

Similarly, if Kathryn Trask decides to move to management and actually identifies herself as a cis hetero man, then he is benefiting from Goodell's lack of foresight and furthering patriarchal dominance of the NFL. Another member of the good ol' boys club even though he has a vagina.

Yet another bungle for the hapless Goodell. One would think that post Jenner people would understand that gender isn't just check box for male or female, but a totally fluid concept subject to rapid and frightening change.

Total hamfisted policy which ignores gender identity and tries to fit everyone into nice tidy little boxes. What if Russ Brandon identifies as a queer trans woman? In this example, she receives no benefit simply because she has a penis.

Similarly, if Kathryn Trask decides to move to management and actually identifies herself as a cis hetero man, then he is benefiting from Goodell's lack of foresight and furthering patriarchal dominance of the NFL. Another member of the good ol' boys club even though he has a vagina.

Yet another bungle for the hapless Goodell. One would think that post Jenner people would understand that gender isn't just check box for male or female, but a totally fluid concept subject to rapid and frightening change.

As a strong black lesbian, I support this statement.

Movie idea: NFL Team needs to interview a woman for the new GM position. The stereotypical movie CEO of an owner decides to interview some 60 something year old peanut vender with no real experience, or even a high school diploma. But, as it turns out, she's street smart.

"Mr. Snyder, I know I'm just a peanut vender, but I ain't never missed a play in the 30 years I've been here. Now, I know y'alls gots you a good defesnse, but what we need is a good Offensive Line, someone like that Smith kid from Fictional State."

After blowing her interview out of the water, the owner is deadest against it, but his PR man, who knows the team is in desperate need of some sort of gimmick and positive press, convinces him to hire her anyway.

She has a typical scene where players "Aren't gonna work for some old hag, this is a man's game." The coach threatens to fire him.

Yadda yadda, team wins super bowl. They offer her an extension, she turns it down to take her job back as a peanut vendor. Fin.

You got that from the movie Eddie.

No spoiler alert?

HE receives no benefit.

I don't give a **** how people self-identify. I go by genetics. "You have a Y, you're a guy."

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/695287949693448196

Applies to executives and not coaches. I doubt there will be very many qualified candidates, given that GMs and other front office jobs are staffed almost exclusively by people that have played at some level.

This is stupid, its one thing if a women wants to do the job but it's another trying force unworthy candidates into coaching jobs. There just aren't enough women in football to make this work, just more PC bull$#!t by the league.

HE receives no benefit.

I don't give a **** how people self-identify. I go by genetics. "You have a Y, you're a guy."

That's just downright archaic. Chromosomes and genetics have absolutely nothing to do with gender. Gender is all about how a person feels deep down at any given moment. Its fluid and ever evolving.

Its absolutely barbaric that people like you continue to insist on gender specific names for babies and inflict traditional gender roles on innocent lives who haven't even left the womb. When names could be gender neutral and just serve as a placeholder until a human being has actually had the opportunity to discover their gender identity, why is identity forced upon beings at birth? Why should the presence or lack of a Y chromosome decide a person's entire life from the what color clothes they can wear, to what bathroom they can use, and what order they exit a sinking ship? By the way, the ship that's sinking....its society. Society is sinking because of patriarchal micro aggressors who refuse to accept that gender doesn't fit neatly into your pre-conceived notions. This is a modern day Nuremberg and your whole way of thinking is on trial. Think about that!

Its 2016, Tom. Time to get with the program!

That's just downright archaic. Chromosomes and genetics have absolutely nothing to do with gender. Gender is all about how a person feels deep down at any given moment. Its fluid and ever evolving.

Its absolutely barbaric that people like you continue to insist on gender specific names for babies and inflict traditional gender roles on innocent lives who haven't even left the womb. When names could be gender neutral and just serve as a placeholder until a human being has actually had the opportunity to discover their gender identity, why is identity forced upon beings at birth? Why should the presence or lack of a Y chromosome decide a person's entire life from the what color clothes they can wear, to what bathroom they can use, and what order they exit a sinking ship? By the way, the ship that's sinking....its society. Society is sinking because of patriarchal micro aggressors who refuse to accept that gender doesn't fit neatly into your pre-conceived notions. This is a modern day Nuremberg and your whole way of thinking is on trial. Think about that!

Its 2016, Tom. Time to get with the program!

neither does intelligence

This is not worth getting riled up. They have to interview, not hire. One of my previous companies made me interview more diversity candidates, but at the end of the day I hired the best person. In my industry dominated by white males, I used some diversity recruiters and was able to find the msot qualified persons who were of color or female.

I didn't hire them because of gender or race, but merit. The company just forced all the RSM's to cast a larger net. We are not talking about coaches, but the front office. There are more than enough marketing, accounting, finance persons who an NFL team would employ that can be of a variety of backgrounds.

Forcing hiring of female coaches would be a mistake given the small pool to hire from.