Source: Colin Kaepernick wants out of SF, in with J-e-t-s

YoloinOhio

Be careful what you wish for. I still think Kap has got some upside to him. He is a dynamic player & if anybody could get something out of him it is Chan. When he gets cut he will sign with the Jets on the cheap my guess is so it would be little risk on the Jets part.

If Colin gets cut there will be a parade Brinks trucks coming to his house to lure him to a new team. With his back to back NFC Championship games and the scarcity of decent QBs, no one is going to sign him cheap I suspect.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Colin gets cut there will be a parade Brinks trucks coming to his house to lure him to a new team. With his back to back NFC Championship games and the scarcity of decent QBs, no one is going to sign him cheap I suspect.

Yeah could be. It will be much less than what the 49ers owe him though.

Remember William Hurt? A great actor. "Body Heat" And then he couldn't get a job. What happened? Same thing with Kaepernick. Did he forget how to play, or did the defenses figure out how to stop him, and he couldn't adjust? It's a mystery to me how a guy could be as effective as he was a couple years ago, and then be looked at like last week's trash.

Are you sure you're talking about the right guy? Considering that most actors earn a living as waiters, William Hurt has had a great career. Check out his IMDB page, the guy's been in at least one movie released every year since "Body Heat" except for '84, '89 and '03.

Are you sure you're talking about the right guy? Considering that most actors earn a living as waiters, William Hurt has had a great career. Check out his IMDB page, the guy's been in at least one movie released every year since "Body Heat" except for '84, '89 and '03.

I believe Hurt won an Oscar and had three more Oscar nominations after Body Heat, not to mention a very active/lucrative career.

Maybe that's Utah John's point. Maybe he's suggesting Kaep will do better after SF than before???

Edited by hondo in seattle

Maybe he meant Micky Rourke, who had a career decline after some early success.

Is it because he'd like to market his brand in the bright lights of NYC?

Is it because he'd like to market his brand in the bright lights of NYC?

he has a "brand"?

@jasonlacanfora

Bottom line with Kaepernick - jets have not and are not interested. Colin has wanted out for quite some time and this impending divorce...

Was reported months ago. Hiring of Chip Kelly changed nothing. He's done nothing to build a relationship and a trade remains very likely...

Kap continues to rehab daily in Vail and will do so into the spring. No plans to be in San Fran for the Super Bowl or anything else...

Makes sense for 49ers to try to put on public face about keeping him, for trade leverage, etc, but there are major trust issues here

he has a "brand"?

@jasonlacanfora

Bottom line with Kaepernick - jets have not and are not interested. Colin has wanted out for quite some time and this impending divorce...

Was reported months ago. Hiring of Chip Kelly changed nothing. He's done nothing to build a relationship and a trade remains very likely...

Kap continues to rehab daily in Vail and will do so into the spring. No plans to be in San Fran for the Super Bowl or anything else...

Makes sense for 49ers to try to put on public face about keeping him, for trade leverage, etc, but there are major trust issues here

When he was wearing other teams fear to look cool, I think it became clear that his image was pretty important to him, and maybe not in a team first way

I agree. Fitz is the perfect backup. Teams just keep trying to stretch him into the main guy. Which he soon proves he isn't. He always has had the knack of being overconfident when he is under pressure and the game is on the line, and throwing a pick at the worst times. He never has changed that habit, never will. But as a vet backup,name someone active better at that roll. You are not a backup if you don't have flaws that limit you from being the main guy.

What if he is Tony Romo and in a couple more yrs he stops throwing ints :D

"I don't want Kaepernick," Marshall told ESPN's First Take on Wednesday morning. "I think he's good. My guy's Fitz. It's nothing against Kaepernick, but what I'm saying is that I have my quarterbacks and I'm good."

Fitzmagic, looks like another big payday for a good guy

Edited by ALF

"I don't want Kaepernick," Marshall told ESPN's First Take on Wednesday morning. "I think he's good. My guy's Fitz. It's nothing against Kaepernick, but what I'm saying is that I have my quarterbacks and I'm good."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000631784/article/brandon-marshall-i-dont-want-colin-kaepernick

Fitzmagic, looks like another big payday for a good guy

marshall knows they aren't getting Kap and is saying all the right things. Before geno got clocked, he was saying the same things about him.